What's new

T-LORAMIDS CHINA One Step Ahead

ozi2000

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Füze sava
According to Yenisafak newspaper in the T-Loramids is a $4 billion program to buy long-range missile and air-defense systems CHINA one step ahead due to technology sharing approach.
Air and missile defense has become the top issue in Turkey’s defense modernization agenda in recent years. While many European countries were facing deficit crises, Turkey, the everlasting EU candidate, increased its defense spending to an all-time high of $5 billion in 2011.[5] Turkish defense industry leader ASELSAN and the missile contractor ROKETSAN signed an agreement with the Under-secretariat for Defense Industries and started to manufacture low and mid-altitude air defense systems worth approximately €200 million Euros and €130 million Euros respectively.[6] These ambitious programs are expected to be matched by a parallel increase in the local defense industry’s export capabilities, especially in armored vehicles. The existing technologies that Turkey utilizes are Rapier and Stinger anti-aircraft missiles for short-range and modernized I-Hawk missiles for mid-range threats.
For the contract, the pan-European Eurosam, maker of the SAMP/T Aster 30, is competing with a U.S. partnership, composed of Raytheon and Lockheed Martin, maker of Patriot air defense systems; Russia’s Rosoboronexport, marketing the Antey 2500; and China’s CPMIEC (China Precision Machinery Export-Import Corp.), offering its HQ-9.

Turkish PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan emphasized importance of technological sharing to the joining companies since the American European and Russians companies market their weapon system as whole distance themselves from technological sharing.

Yenisafak also claims that BMC truck company will be playing an important role in the project.

Füze sava

will be not the best choise but is better than nothing.

Step for step we can modifiziert the critical points of this system.

Füze sava
According to Yenisafak newspaper in the T-Loramids is a $4 billion program to buy long-range missile and air-defense systems CHINA one step ahead due to technology sharing approach.
Air and missile defense has become the top issue in Turkey’s defense modernization agenda in recent years. While many European countries were facing deficit crises, Turkey, the everlasting EU candidate, increased its defense spending to an all-time high of $5 billion in 2011.[5] Turkish defense industry leader ASELSAN and the missile contractor ROKETSAN signed an agreement with the Under-secretariat for Defense Industries and started to manufacture low and mid-altitude air defense systems worth approximately €200 million Euros and €130 million Euros respectively.[6] These ambitious programs are expected to be matched by a parallel increase in the local defense industry’s export capabilities, especially in armored vehicles. The existing technologies that Turkey utilizes are Rapier and Stinger anti-aircraft missiles for short-range and modernized I-Hawk missiles for mid-range threats.
For the contract, the pan-European Eurosam, maker of the SAMP/T Aster 30, is competing with a U.S. partnership, composed of Raytheon and Lockheed Martin, maker of Patriot air defense systems; Russia’s Rosoboronexport, marketing the Antey 2500; and China’s CPMIEC (China Precision Machinery Export-Import Corp.), offering its HQ-9.

Turkish PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan emphasized importance of technological sharing to the joining companies since the American European and Russians companies market their weapon system as whole distance themselves from technological sharing.

Füze sava

After all these happening on the Turkish borders and beyond the decision on T-Loramids seems to be more political one rathe than technical in nature. Keeping this in mind the consortium of American firms Raytheon and L M, with Patriot system are the front runner.

When we sat down to talk with IMF all newspapers all economists even some people close to PM Erdogan were advocators of a new agreement with IMF he stood against everyone and said no they are blood suckers. You never know PM Erdogan. He will try to do the best for Turkey. Even he is on one side and the whole world another.

how about PAC-3?

I think PAC-3 is the most advanced one,but the Chinese can give Turks much technology just like J-600T and WS-1

Russian one is the worst

how about PAC-3?

I think PAC-3 is the most advanced one,but the Chinese can give Turks much technology just like J-600T and WS-1

Russian one is the worst

May i ask how you know that the PAC-3 is the best and the russian S-400 is the worst?
Can you explain?

@trajanus and @explorer9, are you guys studying Turkish Studies or something like that?

Thanks mate,
yes you are right, Turkish Affairs to be precise. After indulging it turned out to be a love affair with Turkish history, culture, religion, and socio-politico-economic affairs.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
May i ask how you know that the PAC-3 is the best and the russian S-400 is the worst?
Can you explain?

1.As a turk,can u trust Russian weapons?Russian always sell their weapons to the rivals(or enemies) of turkey ,so they will also give the data of s-400 to these countries(I don't want to say the names )

2,Turkish soldiers are mainly trained to use western weapons for almost time,not soviet/russian weapons.American jets+Russian SAMs is not a good idea

3.the wars between israel and Arab showed soviet/Russian weapons could not march western weapons,pls think about 1982,IAF destroyed Syrian 's Russian-made air force and SAM very easily

4,the monkey model problem,since the era of soviet ,Russian was always sold monkey model weapons,such as Syrian and Iraqi T-72s,which are different from the tank used by Russian army

So s-400 is the worst

Then,we lack enough data of HQ-9,Chinese are working very hard these years but I doubt can they march the American

But from the experience of j-600t and ws-1,Chinese can cooperate with Turkish defense industry very well,while US protect their secret

1.As a turk,can u trust Russian weapons?Russian always sell their weapons to the rivals(or enemies) of turkey ,so they will also give the data of s-400 to these countries(I don't want to say the names )

2,Turkish soldiers are mainly trained to use western weapons for almost time,not soviet/russian weapons

3.the wars between israel and Arab showed soviet/Russian weapons could not march western weapons,pls think about 1982,IAF destroyed Syrian 's Russian-made air force and SAM very easily

4,the monkey model problem,since the era of soviet ,Russian was always sold monkey model weapons,such as Syrian and Iraqi T-72s,which are different from the tank used by Russian army

So s-400 is the worst

Then,we lack enough data of HQ-9,Chinese are working very hard these years but I doubt can they march the American

But from the experience of j-600t and ws-1,Chinese can cooperate with Turkish defense industry very well,while US protect their secret

Hahahaha your are Funny ,Russian Weapons are the Worst ? Russia is the One Nation that can mess with USA Armed Forces !!!

The Russian ´s can do nothing if the Arabs to Stupid and don´t Concentrate and Cry always : Allahuakbar in a War there the Religion has nothing to do !!!

The IAF Destroyed only Syrian Airforce & Co. because they are too Stupid !!!

Don´t talk here about things that the Russian Weapons are the Worst !

Look at a AK-47 ,that be used from all and then too a M-16 !!!

Really

The quality of Russian weapon are not worst,they are so suitable for Indian armed force and others

But Just the worst choice of turkish armed force,which mainly use western type weapons.

Turks shouldn't buy Russian weapon,just like Japanese never buy Chinese one,whatever it is excellent

There are only 3 times of sino-Japanese wars within 500 years but 11 times of Russo -turkish wars,Soviet threat the territory of Turkey and support PKK until 20+ years ago,now still the ally of Assad and armenian

The Russians may also sell the S-400 to someone like Assad to against u anytime,do u think it is ok?

SU-35,MIG-35,PAKFA,KA-50,Mi-28 are all excellent weapons but Turk didn't buy any,I think the S-400 is the same

Why doesnt anyone mention about Aster 30?

Aster 15/30 variant on TF-2000s would be awesome.But i dont know how they approach to our project...I wonder if any ToT included in their offer

Last edited by a moderator:
Why doesnt anyone mention about Aster 30?

Aster 15/30 variant on TF-2000s would be awesome.But i dont know how they approach to our project...I wonder if any ToT included in their offer

Aster-30 only has 120 km range, lowest in tender.

Merhaba.

I believe we should choose the one that provides most technology transfer.

We could get both the one with most technological transfer and the best IMO, Aster-30 for TF-2000 and The best for T-LORAMIDS. :D

Back
Top Bottom