What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

Yes but they did buy 7 billion worth of Patriot missiles. It's funny I won't diss the US or NATO, but WTF? The russian s-300pmu2 is a lot better than patriot. For 7 billion you could buy (not literally) a hundred batteries. Well, Turkey tried that, and uncle Sam and NATO don't want it. NATO should indeed be mutual defense and indeed mostly purshasing NATO-brands, but the HQ-9 and S-300pmu2 are just so much bang for the buck. NATO shouldn't be a shakedown project. I hope the hq-9 goes through.
Turkey would get Patriot if it wanted but we also want ToT which US doesnt agree with, HQ9 was only in consideration because of ToT but Chinese withdraw and just want to sell it as far as i know.
So now we are developing our own system.

T-129 is alread in inventory, no testing.

Turkey would get Patriot if it wanted but we also want ToT which US doesnt agree with, HQ9 was only in consideration because of ToT but Chinese withdraw and just want to sell it as far as i know.
So now we are developing our own system.

T-129 is alread in inventory, no testing.

Good on the t-129. So testing has finished. Is it the full envelope? Or will add-ons follow. I mean is it limited capability now? Most cutting edge tech starts out the first few years with limited capabilities (Tigre and a400m) and then fill it up to true specifications. Anyway, good and I hope it sees a lot of action. That feedback to engineers translates into a better product.

Good on the t-129. So testing has finished. Is it the full envelope? Or will add-ons follow. I mean is it limited capability now? Most cutting edge tech starts out the first few years with limited capabilities (Tigre and a400m) and then fill it up to true specifications. Anyway, good and I hope it sees a lot of action. That feedback to engineers translates into a better product.
There will be a new version called T-129B i dont know about exact specifications i just know that it will have a more powerful Engine, but those will be another batch of production, we will still mass produce Original T-129 for now.

@cabatli_53 can you help me out here, i dont wanna give wrong informations.

There will be a new version called T-129B i dont know about exact specifications i just know that it will have a more powerful Engine, but those will be another batch of production, we will still mass produce Original T-129 for now.

@cabatli_53 can you help me out here, i dont wanna give wrong informations.

Bro, Muharrem Dortkasli told Atak project in 3 different variant. T-129 A, B1 and B2 bro. According to him, All those variants will have same powerplant. It is the electronic hardwares/shape which is going to make some differents. If Army accepts, B2 will be a bit different nose section and longer than B variant. Avionic systems along with electro-optic will also be lighter one. Having lighter avionics make Atak to carry more other hardwares without loosing impressive performance rates and Total take off weight of B2 will be increased around %5 to %10.

Current ones are T-129 A

It has gun and hydra rockets only

This year B1s will be delivered which is T-129 A + MIZRAK-U (Long Range Anti-tank Missile (8km)) + CİRİT (anti-armour/anti personel guided missile(8km)

Then B2s will come... Body of T-129 will change... It will be a bit longer... Currently T-129 A/B1 have ASELSAN 300T FLIR... This FLIR will be removed and ASELSAN CATS FLIR will be mounted which is smaller, lighter and better then 300T... Also T-129B2 will have longbow like radar called MİLDAR...

I thought A model could also fire Cirit's? Cobra's are also using them with a 2-missile canister.

Current ones are T-129 A

It has gun and hydra rockets only

This year B1s will be delivered which is T-129 A + MIZRAK-U (Long Range Anti-tank Missile (8km)) + CİRİT (anti-armour/anti personel guided missile(8km)

Then B2s will come... Body of T-129 will change... It will be a bit longer... Currently T-129 A/B1 have ASELSAN 300T FLIR... This FLIR will be removed and ASELSAN CATS FLIR will be mounted which is smaller, lighter and better then 300T... Also T-129B2 will have longbow like radar called MİLDAR...

Thanks. I was asking because potential customers would want the final (full capability) version to be battle tested. So that is a good development. Let's hope we don't really need to 'use' them a lot, but enough to garner interest from foreign customers. Real high tech piece of kit this. Masallah.

Thanks. I was asking because potential customers would want the final (full capability) version to be battle tested. So that is a good development. Let's hope we don't really need to 'use' them a lot, but enough to garner interest from foreign customers. Real high tech piece of kit this. Masallah.

I forgot to write Cabatli's addition... All T-129 A's will be upgraded to B1specs..

'Kurdish rebels'.
Stopped reading after that. From now on i will check the author of any news related to Turkish defense industry. If i see bokdil's name, i will skip it immediately. Any way to take action against this shameful act? He's even representing Turkey on an international scale...

Well bokdil is also writing for neoconservative outlet's so let's not bother with that "journalist"

According to news on the the latest issue of S&H Magazine there will be T129C/B varriants of ATAK. These varriant will carry MilDaR 2.

Bro, If you have S&H latest issue which is going to be revealed in IDEF fair, Can you check Atmaca SSM missile image ? It must be somewhere around pages...

Back
Top Bottom