What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

The Philippines are in talks for possible 23 T129 Atak purchase. TAI also gave an offer to Fas and they are in touch with Fas as they are watching T129 Atak closely.

The Philippines are in talks for possible 23 T129 Atak purchase. TAI also gave an offer to Fas and they are in touch with Fas as they are watching T129 Atak closely.

So, reports about filipino military delegation visit to TAI facilities had legs. I also read somewhere that Duerte and philipino gov is very interested in turkish nalav industry: as report said they see turkish strategy of developing its indiginous naval defence3 industry as a template for developing their own with the help Turkey: I think if it comes to frutrition it would more or less follow this pakistani model; few ships built in mTurkey other in Philippines with r & d. Turkey recently up their diplomatic game in Manila, some traiding links are forged, making the way for more active role.
Philippines lay on strategicly importan location, has a lot of untapped potential... China and South Korea have their eyes on this, and even signed some deals. Hope Turkey takes a slice of that pie.

Last edited:
According to this link, first 10 Pakistani order of T129 will not have RWR (Radar Warning Receiver - Radar İkaz Sistemi), RFJ (Radio Frequency Jammer - Radar Sinyal Karıştırıcısı), LWR (Laser Warning Receiver - Lazer İkaz Sistemi) gibi EH sistemleri ile 9681 V/UHF Radio (Yüksek/Çok Yüksek Bant Telsizi) yer alıyor
http://www.defenceturkey.com/tr/ice...atak-gosteri-ucusunu-izledi-3113#.W0zOlCMrJFR

So, reports about filipino military delegation visit to TAI facilities had legs. I also read somewhere that Duerte and philipino gov is very interested in turkish nalav industry: as report said they see turkish strategy of developing its indiginous naval defence3 industry as a template for developing their own with the help Turkey: I think if it comes to frutrition it would more or less follow this pakistani model; few ships built in mTurkey other in Philippines with r & d. Turkey recently up their diplomatic game in Manila, some traiding links are forged, making the way for more active role.
Philippines lay on strategicly importan location, has a lot of untapped potential... China and South Korea have their eyes on this, and even signed some deals. Hope Turkey takes a slice of that pie.
Very positive. Southeast Asian Market is very good chance for Turkey. Relations like these are win-win.

Very positive. Southeast Asian Market is very good chance for Turkey. Relations like these are win-win.

Especially with muslim countries.For example indonesia they have 250million populationa and nearly 1 trillion gdp.Also they are neihboor with china and australia.They have to protect their own interests.We have kaplan joint venture now.İn future maybe atak sale,and i hope they buy altay when mass production started.We know korea and usa rejected to give critical technologies to indonesia on kfx project.maybe we can make an offset agreement with them on tfx.They produce some bodyparts of tfx like tai's f35 body production.then they buy some amount of tfx(if we succeed to develop tfx)

same thing gos for malesia and philipinnes.Philipinnes have huge terror problem.I believe they will buy more proven weaponsfrom us like atak.

@cabatli_53 interview Temel Kotil gave he says that the 8ton Attack Helicopter and 12 ton Medium Lift helicopter (development contracts to be signed within this year) will utilise the same engines and transmission, reducing development time of both helicopters. I think the 6 ton attack helicopter might have been scrapped? It didn't make much sense to develop such a platform that was very close to T-129, imo.. So if it is, it would be a good thing. :-)

Denel Rooivalk is also based off another platform, Puma medium lift helicopter, was many of our favourite in ATAK competition :-)

1.jpg

@cabatli_53 interview Temel Kotil gave he says that the 8ton Attack Helicopter and 12 ton Medium Lift helicopter (development contracts to be signed within this year) will utilise the same engines and transmission, reducing development time of both helicopters. I think the 6 ton attack helicopter might have been scrapped? It didn't make much sense to develop such a platform that was very close to T-129, imo.. So if it is, it would be a good thing. :-)

Denel Rooivalk is also based off another platform, Puma medium lift helicopter, was many of our favourite in ATAK competition :-)

View attachment 486943

Bro, Most probably, Atak-2 was in concept assessment phase in days when Temel Kotil and İsmail Demir gave different weight figures. In final, The concept is matured and It is agreed to be a 8 ton attack helicopter platform to be developed. I think It is the best wieght concept to integrate all required sensor. Full EW suits, DIRCM, MMW radar along with improved weapon carriage capacity is what we need and Heavier Atak-2 will certainly meet the requirements of Turkish Armed Forces.

Btw, Medium lift helo project is also increased to 12tons instead of previously announced 10tons.

Bro, Most probably, Atak-2 was in concept assessment phase in days when Temel Kotil and İsmail Demir gave different weight figures. In final, The concept is matured and It is agreed to be a 8 ton attack helicopter platform to be developed. I think It is the best wieght concept to integrate all required sensor. Full EW suits, DIRCM, MMW radar along with improved weapon carriage capacity is what we need and Heavier Atak-2 will certainly meet the requirements of Turkish Armed Forces.

Yes bro, it was first envisaged that ATAK-2 was to be based off T-625 as TAI project brief states.
6-ton-sinifi-genel-maksat-helikopteri-projesi--1.png

-----
I'm wondering, if ATAK2 based off T-625 was put on show to warn foreign entities against blocking parts for export of T-129. Now that we have confirmation of sales to Pakistan and possible sales to Philippines and Morocco it seems a hurdle may have been lifted ?

Yes bro, it was first envisaged that ATAK-2 was to be based off T-625 as TAI project brief states.
View attachment 486944
-----
I'm wondering, if ATAK2 based off T-625 was put on show to warn foreign entities against blocking parts for export of T-129. Now that we have confirmation of sales to Pakistan and possible sales to Philippines and Morocco it seems a hurdle may have been lifted ?
Actually Morocco chose Apache Longbow recently.. May be in the future they might add Atak but for now i guess the business is finished.

Back
Top Bottom