What's new

Swiss Tourist is gang-raped in India

no , Just hoping Mod will keep promises not to post Rape incidents again and again , it's not something extraordinary news .
I'm sure rapes also take place in Switzerland which we seldom hear about but if an Indian female was put through same ordeal in Swiss Alps.....how would you consider it.....an ordinary incident i guess. !!

well we don't live in lies , But if i started posting about Rape did by Pakistanis and also involving religious factors then this thread will be very small place to you for running.
Again this incident was more high profile than what happens in India on daily basis, however if you want to open a can of worms, then also consider the Dalit factor. !!

Indian parents are silent witnesses of child abuse
Saturday, April 14, 2007

NEW DELHI: Parents are often silent witnesses to abuse of their children due to conservative views about sex in India, a government official said on Friday.

A study earlier this week revealed that two-thirds of children in India are physically abused while more than half have faced some form of sexual abuse.

The study - which questioned almost 12,500 children and parents across 13 of India’s 29 states - found that half the cases of sexual abuse were committed by persons known to the child or in a position of trust and responsibility.

“I think the study is like heaving a sigh of relief because it’s something that parents knew but they wouldn’t voice as the culture doesn’t permit this,” Renuka Chowdhury, India’s minister for women and child development, told Reuters in an interview.

“A lot of them have been silent witnesses to a lot of things. It’s more like drawing the curtain aside.”

She said parents often did not know how to confront a family member who was sexually abusing their child.

“Parents are also in denial as they don’t know how to remove the uncle, for example, as perhaps he’s contributing to the family coffers or he has a dominant role in the family.” Chowdhury said sex was still a taboo subject in many family homes. “I don’t understand why we shouldn’t talk about sex when we have a one billion population ... obviously everyone is occupied with it. That’s just hypocrisy,” she said.

Chowdhury criticised the decision by three Indian states, Gujarat, Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh, to ban sex education. “Sex education does not mean you are encouraging sex which is how it’s interpreted,” she said. “Sex education is an insurance for your child. It will protect your child.

“It’s creating awareness of a child of the physical transitions that happen when they enter their reproductive years and so they will also know how not to be exploited or misguided by some pervert standing outside their school.” reuters

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Salaam to all the Muslims,

I think I found the answer. I think because majority of the Indians, as the above report suggests, are abused during their childhood - they're mentally affected for the rest of their lives.

I think this is also the reason why we see an aggressive attitudes by Indians in everything. I think, most Indians are suffering from traumatic sexual childhood experiences.

But this does not in way justify the horrendous Gang-Rape Culture of India. I think death sentences are the only way to cure the world from this evil crime no matter where it happens.

Allahu Alam.

Salaam to all the Muslims.

Indian parents are silent witnesses of child abuse
Saturday, April 14, 2007

NEW DELHI: Parents are often silent witnesses to abuse of their children due to conservative views about sex in India, a government official said on Friday.

A study earlier this week revealed that two-thirds of children in India are physically abused while more than half have faced some form of sexual abuse.

The study - which questioned almost 12,500 children and parents across 13 of India’s 29 states - found that half the cases of sexual abuse were committed by persons known to the child or in a position of trust and responsibility.

“I think the study is like heaving a sigh of relief because it’s something that parents knew but they wouldn’t voice as the culture doesn’t permit this,” Renuka Chowdhury, India’s minister for women and child development, told Reuters in an interview.

“A lot of them have been silent witnesses to a lot of things. It’s more like drawing the curtain aside.”

She said parents often did not know how to confront a family member who was sexually abusing their child.

“Parents are also in denial as they don’t know how to remove the uncle, for example, as perhaps he’s contributing to the family coffers or he has a dominant role in the family.” Chowdhury said sex was still a taboo subject in many family homes. “I don’t understand why we shouldn’t talk about sex when we have a one billion population ... obviously everyone is occupied with it. That’s just hypocrisy,” she said.

Chowdhury criticised the decision by three Indian states, Gujarat, Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh, to ban sex education. “Sex education does not mean you are encouraging sex which is how it’s interpreted,” she said. “Sex education is an insurance for your child. It will protect your child.

“It’s creating awareness of a child of the physical transitions that happen when they enter their reproductive years and so they will also know how not to be exploited or misguided by some pervert standing outside their school.” reuters

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Salaam to all the Muslims,

I think I found the answer. I think because majority of the Indians, as the above report suggests, are abused during their childhood - they're mentally affected for the rest of their lives.

I think this is also the reason why we see an aggressive attitudes by Indians in everything. I think, most Indians are suffering from traumatic sexual childhood experiences.

But this does not in way justify the horrendous Gang-Rape Culture of India. I think death sentences are the only way to cure the world from this evil crime no matter where it happens.

Allahu Alam.

Salaam to all the Muslims.

:lol: :rofl:

This piece of news is just amazing. Made in Pakistan news, no doubt this "study" was also conducted by some silly news reporter in their dreams.

EzioAltaïr;4049491 said:
:lol: :rofl:

This piece of news is just amazing. Made in Pakistan news, no doubt this "study" was also conducted by some silly news reporter in their dreams.

Chaloo. Anything to give them a sense of superiority over us. We still whip them time and time again. Let em live in their delusional fantasy world whilst we stick to ground reality :D

EzioAltaïr;4051222 said:
If someone posts a link from a reliable and non-Pakistani source, I will humbly shut my mouth, and accept it.

I'd prefer not to post such links on this forum unless it was necessary.

Just go to Google and type "India 50% abuse", and you'll find this story originating from an Indian study published in the Indian media.

So it was purely an Indian matter.

I'd prefer not to post such links on this forum unless it was necessary.

Just go to Google and type "India 50% abuse", and you'll find this story originating from an Indian study published in the Indian media.

So it was purely an Indian matter.

I saw the ToI article on it. First off, it's not even making clear what they're talking talking about.

It's a survey, where they were determining the cost countries face because of corporal punishment, and just squeezed in a line about 50% getting sexually abused.

They also said that USA and Brazil in fact rank above India in this case, which really confounds me. What did they do, go to the worst possible schools for every country in the survey?

There's also the glaring hole in their story, where the say 65% of Indian school kids were beaten. A few lines later they said, 54% of boys in school and 45% of girls in school are beaten. WTF? 65 does not fall in between 54 and 45.

And it's not purely India. The survey was conducted from London. :P

Before talking about a country, we should look at the crime rates. India has a huge population, so there will always be such crimes. The important point is the punishment. If you don't punish criminals, others will also think of committing such crimes.

That's not about nations or religions. These crimes happen in the USA, EU, China, Russia and in my country, too.

So that's not a state's own problem, that's humanbeing's problem.

Solution lies on the punishment in my opinion. Poor laws encourage people to do so.

according to my experience of traveling, only retarded(naive isn't gonna cover it) tourists would actively get involved with the local police in some countries. you will receive no help, but get extorted by those so called law enforcement people.

shamelessness aside, Mr. home minister tried to use this as a convenient excuse. I won't trust a word out of his mouth: I know only a small proportion of regular Indians are bad, and I know only a small proportion of Indian policemen are good.

This was in the news with heading - Foreign tourists not following rules: MP minister

"Terming as "unfortunate" the incident of gang rape of a Swiss woman, Madhya Pradesh home minister Uma Shankar Gupta on Sunday said foreign tourists were not following rules about informing local police about their movements.

"What happened is unfortunate for our nation. When foreign tourists come, they should inform the SP (Superintendent of Police) about their plans. This is the system but it is not being followed," he said."

The Indian MP put the responsibility straightly on the victims (the Swiss tourists), and feel sorry for India (our nation), and not the victims.

It says it all.

according to my experience of traveling, only retarded(naive isn't gonna cover it) tourists would actively get involved with the local police in some countries. you will receive no help, but get extorted by those so called law enforcement people.

shamelessness aside, Mr. home minister tried to use this as a convenient excuse. I won't trust a word out of his mouth: I know only a small proportion of regular Indians are bad, and I know only a small proportion of Indian policemen are good.

He's a politician. They're no better than used car salesmen.

--------

What happened sucks but I wouldn't be caught in unknown territory unless I did a lot of research. There are even places in my own city where I wouldn't be biking around casually. Tourists have to realize that there are many places in the world where people would rather slit your throat than help you.

Back
Top Bottom