What's new

Swiss Tourist is gang-raped in India

according to my experience of traveling, only retarded(naive isn't gonna cover it) tourists would actively get involved with the local police in some countries. you will receive no help, but get extorted by those so called law enforcement people.

shamelessness aside, Mr. home minister tried to use this as a convenient excuse. I won't trust a word out of his mouth: I know only a small proportion of regular Indians are bad, and I know only a small proportion of Indian policemen are good.

true to a large extent about police. Most Indians are scared to report crime, unless they are politically connected.

Why are they scared to report crime?

because most of the time,police is not really friendly. If you happen to see the crime (but not as victim) they will create unnecessary problems for you.
In any case, police donot want an FIR to be filed, may be because in brings in more work or makes crime statistics look bad.
There have been many cases in which rape victims have to go through hell just to file an FIR.

Police reforms is long overdue in India. Its not like police are in good position either, most of them are overworked. Not enough police for such large population.

UK tourist jumps from hotel to escape sexual assault in Agra

NEW DELHI: A female British tourist was admitted to hospital after jumping through a hotel window on Tuesday over fears of a sex attack in Agra, police said.

The victim, in early 30s, suffered leg injuries when she leapt from the first floor after two men tried to enter her room at around 4am, police said.

"She got frightened so she ran to the other end of the room and jumped out of the window," Pawan Kumar, superintendent of police in Agra, said.

UK tourist jumps from hotel to escape sexual assault in Agra - The Times of India

NEW DELHI: A female British tourist was admitted to hospital after jumping through a hotel window on Tuesday over fears of a sex attack in Agra, police said.

The victim, in early 30s, suffered leg injuries when she leapt from the first floor after two men tried to enter her room at around 4am, police said.

"She got frightened so she ran to the other end of the room and jumped out of the window," Pawan Kumar, superintendent of police in Agra, said.

UK tourist jumps from hotel to escape sexual assault in Agra - The Times of India

Shining India...should be changed to India sucks !

Last week, a US tourist gang raped by Indian taxi drivers in Malaysia.

WTF is going on, these sad basterds need to develop some game - get a girl - don't rape a girl should be the slogan.

That's insane. Hope she's okay

because most of the time,police is not really friendly. If you happen to see the crime (but not as victim) they will create unnecessary problems for you.
In any case, police donot want an FIR to be filed, may be because in brings in more work or makes crime statistics look bad.
There have been many cases in which rape victims have to go through hell just to file an FIR.

Police reforms is long overdue in India. Its not like police are in good position either, most of them are overworked. Not enough police for such large population.

That's a double whammy that needs to be addressed. If cops are lazy, that's one thing, but if they're afraid to look bad, then they're actually part of the problem.

Do they get funding based on how good their statistics look?

That's insane. Hope she's okay

Even if her injuries heal, it's the psychological damage that will last forever....can you imagine her reaction at the mere mention of India. !!

Even if her injuries heal, it's the psychological damage that will last forever....can you imagine her reaction at the mere mention of India. !!

Yeah. Quite a few people get nightmares just at the mention of India. Sad that she has to join the statistics

To all Indians, if this issue is necessary to discuss then,

From today onwards we all will discuss approach of Pakistan to failed state status and as a terrorist nation. Entire world media is discussing it.
:omghaha:

Lets hope, Moderators will allow us to discuss it. As its is An Important Issue for not only Stability of our Region but lives of millions.
:enjoy:

Lets hope, Moderators will allow us to discuss it. As its is An Important Issue for not only Stability of our Region but lives of millions. :enjoy:

Hey KRAIT, what happened to the forum rule that banned any discussion of rape topics?

Better take a screenshot of the rules now, before they are "amended" like some others were before.

I was asking Asim Aquil what happened to that forum rule that guaranteed an instant ban to any member using the word "chink", but that thread and that rule mysteriously disappeared.

I'm not sure why it's a banned topic in the first place. I can understand if it's being spammed and just putting it all into one thread.

Every country has dirt. But if we're able to talk about other non-defense topics, why not rape? It has social, legal, and possible international relations issues because it's not just a problem that affects locals anymore. If there's trolling the delete or ban the trolls. But if there's a healthy debate then it gives readers here insight on what are some of the things that are going on in India and how it can overcome this issue.

//my $0.02

I'm not sure why it's a banned topic in the first place. I can understand if it's being spammed and just putting it all into one thread.

Every country has dirt. But if we're able to talk about other non-defense topics, why not rape? It has social, legal, and possible international relations issues because it's not just a problem that affects locals anymore. If there's trolling the delete or ban the trolls. But if there's a healthy debate then it gives readers here insight on what are some of the things that are going on in India and how it can overcome this issue.

//my $0.02

Then they shouldn't have banned it in the first place.

What is the point of rules if the moderators get to pick and choose whenever they want.

Back
Top Bottom