What's new

Sweeping change: CAA, PIA, ASF leave Ministry of Defence’s wings !

1-Of course he is the ex-personal pilot of harriri family. But NS has already reported had good relationships with KSA. His name was got more prominent as rafiq harriri was the main guarantor of the exile, Saudi Government was the one which was pushing for a safe exit of NS from Musharraf's capture. But Mushi wanted a neutral guarantor for NS's not returning back, which was facilitated subsequently by Rafique Harriri. But that's something into historical context
2-If you would have read the news in detail the purpose of this division is to manage avation separately from defence ministry
“From appointments to issuing flying permits and awarding frequencies to airlines, everything was being controlled by the defence ministry. That had greatly compromised our position,”. So this division would manage the Aviation sector not just PIA. PIA's head will likely be selected separately.
3-Shahid Khakan Abbasi could have also been selected as a head as he has the requisite experience, but since he owns airblue
this would have created a conflict of interest. That's why perhaps shujaat azim was selected rather than SKA because
1-He has relevant industry experience.
2-Does not have a conflict of interest.
Well thats what i could explain about it rest it depends upon posters own understandings so as to how do they see things.

Apparently everyone had hand in saving Sharif life, few that I know of
- Labanese Hariri
- Kind of Jordon
- this pilot
- Mukesh Ambani
- Indian Govt.
- Saudi price
- Bill Clinton

jisey Allah rakhey usey kon chakhey, lets see who is going to come forward to Musharaf

hasnain0099;4394080]1-Of course he is the ex-personal pilot of harriri family. But NS has already reported had good relationships with KSA. His name was got more prominent as rafiq harriri was the main guarantor of the exile, Saudi Government was the one which was pushing for a safe exit of NS from Musharraf's capture. But Mushi wanted a neutral guarantor for NS's not returning back, which was facilitated subsequently by Rafique Harriri. But that's something into historical context

Bit off topic but the highlighted parts How is that working out for musshy :pissed:plus can any body take Saudi's word again as they were part of that guarantee

2-If you would have read the news in detail the purpose of this division is to manage aviation separately from defense ministry “From appointments to issuing flying permits and awarding frequencies to airlines, everything was being controlled by the defence ministry. That had greatly compromised our position,”. So this division would manage the Aviation sector not just PIA.

sorry my friend purpose of this division is payback nothing more nothing less.This guys is not qualified and i repeat not qualified to run this fly a plane may be.

PIA's head will likely be selected separately.

Government shouldn't be in the business of running business. If N'S wants any respect privatize all crown corporations.

3-Shahid Khakan Abbasi could have also been selected as a head as he has the requisite experience, but since he owns air blue

IS air blue profitable as a private corporation?

this would have created a conflict of interest. That's why perhaps shujaat azim was selected rather than SKA because

Funny you mentioned that who is running nawaz business empire ?

1-He has relevant industry experience.

How is flying and airliner same as managing a complete airline plus related business.

2-Does not have a conflict of interest.

Read again my friend he does have conflict of interest.

Well thats what i could explain about it rest it depends upon posters own understandings so as to how do they see things.

I am in business for last 25 years.Government of pakistan shouldn't be involve in any business other then running the government rest will all be privatized.So please dont question my understanding since business is all i do.

If you go to their website, they already have a significant chunk of business of handling airlines in Pakistan at both Karachi and Peshawar. Yes if you see any handeling being handed over to RAS secretly, yes by all means you would be just in your criticism. But the handeling service is more connected to the airline whom its serving.

That isn't the whole thing. Getting a contract is wholly a affair b/w the ground handling and airline, but the licenses, fees, rents and other associated costs which you pay for using the airport to the CAA.

Then other favours such as airport land for construction of hangars or other such facilities, the lease etc.

A person heading the ground handling agency and also being the advisor on aviation? And also being the overwatch on CAA? Doesn't seem right.

Yaar this is not a corporation, this is just a division within MoD which would specifically deal with aviation industry. Not a corporation i reiterate.

So CAA and PIA are not being separated from MoD? This whole exercise then remains pointless if you are going to take CAA and PIA away from MoD and get a advisor who is head of RAS as overwatch. The CAA and PIA need to be completely independent, only the PIA board of governors/chairman make the decisions and they are answerable to the PM, period. Same with CAA.

Can you imagine CAA reporting to the head of Royal Airport Services?

Instead of putting it under another advisor or cabinet division, why not make a separate ministry? Railways has it, Ports and Shipping has it, just make an aviation ministry.

I haven't come across his profile to judge that he is FSC pass, have you?

That comment wasn't specific to him. Just a general comment, you get into pilot school after FSc.

A pilot does not have any experience or qualification regarding management etc. He can be a technical head, but not the guy who ascertains the future planning and all of an airline. You need a business oriented person for that.

This is a good decision and long overdue. However, giving it to a close friend raises some questions.

Haven't we learnt from bad governance in last 5 years that Pakistan is not a 'friends and family' package? Its a country and country runs on merit.

This is a good decision and long overdue. However, giving it to a close friend raises some questions.

Haven't we learnt from bad governance in last 5 years that Pakistan is not a 'friends and family' package? Its a country and country runs on merit.

Actually, Pakistan was, is, and will remain a "friends and family" package. Merit will always be secondary. That is the sad truth.

The first 2 points I have no problem with, but the 3rd one.

There is a complete conflict of interest here. CAA governs the airports and all the ground services operations. Royal AIrport services is a ground handling agency.

And we don't need a PIA pilot heading this, that has been the problem all along, even when PIA, CAA was under MoD. What would a pilot know about running a corporation? A pilot is a FSc pass person, with no experience in corporate management whatsoever. A business oriented person was needed who would handle the admin and marketing affairs etc of CAA and Aviation, not a retired pilot. A pilot can be used for technical departments, but not for heading an organization.

Although the decision to separate it from MoD was right, this appointment reeks of personal favours.

He is a business oriented person with links all over the world. Has also served as chief pilot for Hariri family ( who owns as many planes as an airline ) There is some conflict of interest and I am not happy too but he has stepped down from his post in Royal AIrport services. Let us give him sometime

PML is a friends and family package, so why not the government?

He is a business oriented person with links all over the world. Has also served as chief pilot for Hariri family ( who owns as many planes as an airline ) There is some conflict of interest and I am not happy too but he has stepped down from his post in Royal AIrport services. Let us give him sometime
But as they say,"there is no cure for the disease of suspicion". So I left out of the argument.

But as they say,"there is no cure for the disease of suspicion". So I left out of the argument.

Only time will tell whether those suspicions hold true, judging by the past, they will be true.

Back
Top Bottom