What's new

Sweden commits to Gripen’s future

Neo i know u r a expert on aviation matters but u will agree with me that stranger things have happened.
You mean Keys and Blain, compared to them I'm just an amature. ;)

Stranger things have happened and once Pakistan was indeed the major recepient of US' latest technology. PAF was first to get Lockheed F-104 Starfighter in the sixties making her the first airforce in Asia to have a mach 2+ interceptor.

US will need to market the F-22/F-35 in the international market for its aviation business to survive and really why not pakistan? (in 2020)

Pakistan will be a major weapons producer and buyer by 2020, we'll see more JV's with Chinese and European consortia and have a Chinese (probably co-financed) Stealth fighter in the picture making US' FMS to less attractive.
US' balance is already shifting towards India, the bigger fish which has more $$$ to spend than Pakistan.

Imho US will eye Indian Stealth requirement to counter PAK-FA which will suffer signifacant delays and probably financial problems due rising development and production cost. The project is already a decenium old and India joined the JV only last year. My source told me that there are already financial issues since both India and Russia are growing by 7.5-8% p.a. and the propesed proposed production line in India will become more expensive than Russia by 2015!!

So India will remain is potential market for US' stealth, F-35 rather than F-22 which isn't for sale anytime soon.

F-35 will only be offered to us when J-XX is available, not earlier.

Back
Top Bottom