What's new

Support your Military in its finest hour

the army should not be criticized as an institution , rather the generals or the few individuals who are giving this proud institution a bad name should be criticized. I remember the time when my father a Lt Col went to my village. Two years back, and still, there is a lot of respect for the army in these areas. everybody says ' o jee karnal sagab agaye ' and there happiness all around. Officers used to proudly wear their uniforms in the public areas and shopping centres and got loads of respect. But now, while my uncle goes to his office, he wears a jacket above his uniform, and those are orders. Officers now wear their uniform only at the unit and while commuting, change it. What has happened in these much years?????,,,,,,,,poor political climate and the US have successfully shifted the blame for failures in the internal situation of the country adn the failures in iraq and afghanistan squarely on the shoulders of the army and ISI,,,,,,,,,some body tell me is there any proof whatsoever that saleem shehzad was killed by the ISI???,,,,yet still hamid mir and the media and barking out loud that the ISI is the culprit.

I would disagree with the 'bold' part, after Musharraf, situation have changed dramatically, even after OBL drama, I have seen Army officers visiting public places with their Uniforms on, they are seen with respect, in Lahore, I have witnessed many incidents where some Army officers/soldiers were approached by youngsters to have a word, I still feel, the criticism is on the Generals, people of Pakistan still loves their soldiers.

I would disagree with the 'bold' part, after Musharraf, situation have changed dramatically, even after OBL drama, I have seen Army officers visiting public places with their Uniforms on, they are seen with respect, in Lahore, I have witnessed many incidents where some Army officers/soldiers were approached by youngsters to have a word, I still feel, the criticism is on the Generals, people of Pakistan still loves their soldiers.

Sorry to jump in, but I think so much love has spoilt the army.

I second that.....

It is not for indians to tell us to love OUR Armed Forces or not - what ever their strengths and weaknesses they are our fathers, brothers and sons. :pakistan:

“You may criticise me and Pak Army for everything that has gone wrong in this country, but please don’t abuse my mother, who sent me to fight for the cause of this beautiful land -"
One of the P.A.'s efforts at improving its public perception. Its other tried-and-true methods are assassination of unfriendly journalists and the propagation of distractions. I expect its anti-Israel, anti-India, and anti-America banners are fully deployed now, though another terror attack on somebody may be in the works as well. If you allow yourselves to be distracted, how can your armed forces ever be tamed and held to account?

One of the P.A.'s efforts at improving its public perception. Its other tried-and-true methods are assassination of unfriendly journalists and the propagation of distractions. I expect its anti-Israel, anti-India, and anti-America banners are fully deployed now, though another terror attack on somebody may be in the works as well. If you allow yourselves to be distracted, how can your armed forces ever be tamed and held to account?
Dr Ambedkar's reference gives me a hint that U cannot remain hidden behind the Star and Stripes and a Christian name.Please read views of Dalits on Dalit Voice.com,Dr Ambedkar advised the poor Dalits never to trust hindu Brahmins and also acknowledged that Gandhi had denied them rights of being equals during partition.
I have seen this lad Umar Waqar,he is an A levels student in Islamabad,I hope you know that Pakistani Youth is brilliant and imaginative and has already done wonders,Ali Nawazish from Islamabad broke world record by securing 24 As in A Levels last year,another one from Rawalpindi set new record in Cambridge exams by securing most As in O levels in history.So there is no dearth of bright boys and girls here in Pakistan.ISPR does not have to brief any one about RAW-MOSSAD-CIA networks operating against Pakistan,even a 10 years old from my native village knows that.
Your problem is that your media and Bollywood do a lot of stereotyping about Pakistan(good for us),and keep your teeming millions injected with dozes of SHINING INDIA,that is why Slumdogmillionnaire drew so much flak from your media.The Bania mentality and Pakophobia was clearly visible in MV Suez episode,when a Pakistani son ANSAR BURNY was denied any help from your so called billionnairs,where were your TATAs and Ambanies when an Indian women was asking for help.It was Pakistani Military,Navy and ISI helping your Indian citizens to get rescued from Somali Pirates and not the bright brains of RAW and Bollywood.

I'm not an Indian, but I saw no reason not to apply the quote. You do seem to have grasped the idea that the different Army philosophy between India and Pakistan is responsible for different results, at least on the high seas. Do you think this is worth the price it has cost Pakistan at home?

What evidence do you have of this. Why is it you can use conspiracy theories to try to discredit our army. In any event who are you flying an american flag and trying to diseminate propaganda about our army on our forum. Have you nothing better to do. Go and look at the war crimes comitted by your american cowards in Iraq and elsewhere.

Stop ranting out conspiracy theories please.

If you have any credible evidence supporting those claims please do so, otherwise stop hijacking the topic and flaming with wild allegations.

The point brought about State of War by Umar Waqar needs some deliberation,21st Century has witnessed a new form of war where enemy may not come up waving a red flag(Libya,Yemen,Iraq,Afghanistan etc etc),how does a state tackle this menace within an atmosphere in which western and even local media creates a big smoke screen? What happened to John Solekki in Balochistan a couple of years ago may give us some clue to what happened to Saleem Shehzad. Sollekki was kidnapped by dissident elements of BLA,and this became a media hot news,later he was released and entire blame was put on 'Agencies' by local and western media.I am not defending any one,its a possibility,likes of Raymond Davis still roam around our country side.
Just to correct some records of State Terror:
Innocent civilians killed by coalition in Iraq,Afghanistan and Libya(last ten years): 2.5 Million
Innocent civilians killed by Israel in Palestine and Lebanon: .5 Million
Innocent civilians killed by Indian forces in Kashmir and Naxal Areas: .2 Million
Who is bothered as far as the blood is of innocent Muslims and the terror weapons are smart and sleek F-16s,Tomahawk Missiles and M1A1 Tanks,Daisy cutters and A10 Warthogs,never shown on CNN,FOX,CNBC,BBC,Geo,Star News:pakistan:

i agree with your words to a certain extent, the majority dos respect the jawans, but their are also some fools who dont, my uncle a brigadier in CMH, does not wear unifrom, other relatives include a major and Lt Col who both dont wear uniforms while commuting, some do but some dont. But i am talking about those who dont wear, why they dont wear, they still eel proud of it, but they are vary that the public in a trafic jam might start to gang up on them.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom