Suppliers say BMW is best partner; Chery is worst

Korean

BANNED
Reaction score
European Rubber Journal

Suppliers say BMW is best partner; Chery is worst

25 June 2012

ERJ staff report (DS)

London -- Suppliers prefer to work with BMW than any other car maker according to the latest Supplier Relations survey from SupplierBusiness. Their least favourite partner is Chery, Automotive followed in the least-favourite stakes by FAWGroup Corp, Dongfeng Motor and SAIC Motor. However, relations are still strained, with no car maker achieving a high mark from its suppliers.

BMW scored 617 out of 1,000 points in the 2012 Supplier Relationship (SuRe) index – a ranking of 28 global automakers done by suppliers. The change means that BMW returns to the top of the study for the first time since 2006. The key reason for the improvement by BMW, according to suppliers, was providing them with the potential to make a profit over the lifetime of a contract, said IHS Automotive analyst Matteo Fini, who led the study.

All car makers remain well below the 650-point level that Fini said indicates a good relationship between the two sides. Porsche, last year's highest ranked automaker was second in this year’s report with 611 points while Mercedes-Benz (606), Jaguar Land Rover (599) and Toyota (599) followed.

Overall, the average score for automakers rose to 515 from last year's 514 points, which was the lowest SuRe index total since the statistic started being kept in 2006. This year's score also is well below the average scores recorded in previous years of the study.

Nissan saw a decline of 30 points to 523. The study suggested that the fall is a consequence of Nissan's aggressive demands to cut prices.

Executives at 230 automotive suppliers rated automakers on 29 metrics such as payment terms, quality of communication, keeping agreements on price, demands to achieve high quality, opportunities for new or increased business. Of the respondents, 46 percent have their company headquarters in North America, 40 percent in Europe, 10 percent in Asia and 4 percent in the Middle East and Africa.

Chinese automakers rank at the bottom of auto supplier preference. India's Land-Rover&Jaguar is a surprising hit with suppliers.

All Asian automakers have the nickname "ricebox" in the West, so don't pretend that your Korean car is equivalent to their BMW and Jaguar.

You can yell all the day that the Chinese people belong the inferior yellow race, while you Koreans just belong to the same dirty yellow race in their eyes. :coffee:

All Asian automakers have the nickname "ricebox" in the West, so don't pretend that your Korean car is equivalent to their BMW and Jaguar.

You can yell all the day that the Chinese people belong the inferior yellow race, while you Koreans just belong to the same dirty yellow race in their eyes. :coffee:

no1 spoke about quality of cars....no1 spoke about race....no1 spoke about nicknames...

wonder wth ur post has to do with the thread

@topic...surprised to see JLR equivalent to toyota...not bad

no1 spoke about quality of cars....no1 spoke about race....no1 spoke about nicknames...

wonder wth ur post has to do with the thread

@topic...surprised to see JLR equivalent to toyota...not bad

This Korean guy has created so many different topics with a same purpose: to make the Chinese people look inferior.

I wanna remind him as if he wanna use the western standard to belittle the Chinese people, then better to remember that his people are perhaps even more inferior in the eyes of the Americans. :coffee:

This Korean guy has created so many different topics with a same purpose: to make the Chinese people look inferior.

I wanna remind him as if he wanna use the western standard to belittle the Chinese people, then better to remember that his people are perhaps even more inferior in the eyes of the Americans. :coffee:

u can personally send a message to him for that right??...pdf does provide an option for that i think

then better to remember that his people are perhaps even more inferior in the eyes of the Americans.

Beauty Fanatics Flock to Try Korean Cosmetics in New York | Virtual-Strategy Magazine

Beauty Fanatics Flock to Try Korean Cosmetics in New York
Saturday, June 16th 2012

More than a thousand attendees popped by a landmark, one-day cosmetic and well-being event "2012 Korea Cosmetic Bliss" that showcased top Korean brands in SoHo on Saturday, June 9th hosted by Korea Health Industry Development Institute (KHIDI).

New York, New York (PRWEB) June 16, 2012

More than a thousand attendees popped by a landmark, one-day cosmetic and well-being event that showcased top Korean brands in SoHo on Saturday, June 9th.

Hosted by the Korea Health Industry Development Institute (KHIDI), the event signified the Korean government's focused efforts to introduce leaders of the Korean cosmetic industry to a wider American audience keen on global beauty products and services, reaching beyond Asians and Asian Americans already familiar with the quality and reputation of Korean cosmetics.

Entitled "The 2012 Korea Cosmetic Bliss," the event employed beauty ambassadors dressed in "hanbok," traditional Korean costumes, and attracted a wide variety of New Yorkers through active social media and street marketing. Many female attendees tested Korean beauty products at cosmetic counters and purchased products and services on the spot, in addition to receiving free beauty consultations and enjoying a crane machine to win free samples. Missha – a popular cosmetic brand in Asia – sold out of many of its products, from a snail cream to their signature BB cream, delighting the female attendees, some of whom tried Korean cosmetics for the first time at the event.

Leading global, luxury cosmetic maker AmorePacific gave a seminar on its history and introduced its latest innovation in skin care products, while LG Household & Health Care highlighted its new line of refined skin care products "The History of Whoo," which was raffled off along with AmorePacific's top sellers. The seminar program also featured discussions by experts from Bliss Acupuncture Wellness Center on oriental medicine and detox programs and on cost-effective cosmetic procedures from the Face Laser Clinic.

In New York City, the fashion and trend capital of the world, the 2012 Korea Cosmetic Bliss successfully raised the interest in and awareness of Korea's ever-evolving cosmetic and healthcare industry. Through events like this, it is only a matter of time until Korean beauty brands are seen in every cosmopolitan city in the U.S.

http://www.wistv.com/story/18832713/american-teenager-with-illness-meets-k-pop-idols

American teenager with illness meets K-pop idols

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) - An American teenage girl with a serious illness has been able to sing with the South Korean boy band she idolizes.

Donika Sterling on Wednesday told the five-member K-pop group SHINee in Korean that she loved them.

The 15-year-old has Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease, which gradually causes the loss of muscle tissue and slows down parts of the body.

Sterling and SHINee both sang parts of the 2009 song "Ring Ding Dong." She smiled and clasped a bracelet given to her by a SHINee member.

SHINee members told reporters they were extremely touched when Donika said the group's music gives her strength.

Sterling is from Brooklyn and said she hopes to see SHINee again if they have a New York concert.

u can personally send a message to him for that right??...pdf does provide an option for that i think

No need, i don't wanna waste time.

He needs to be reminded that his own country can't even launch a fundamental 100kg LEO rocket, imagine a such laughing stock in the eyes of the Americans. :coffee:

Eww, now you are even abusing my country to bash China. Get a life, kid! Our automobile industry does excellent business with China. First try very hard to get your car industry half as good as ours before bashing others.

in my opinion bmw m3 is my top car with bmw 7 series or mercedes s series are great , i also like audi and toyota lexus which is very good , range rover is good and has bmw engine , i think these are best makes ( most are luxury but still ) bmw , mercedes , audi , toyota ( especially i like lexus , there was some problems with toyota before ) maybe volkswagen but i dont like the look of their 4 seater cars just polo and golf are ok

british car makers are great at boasting about their rubbish cars , rolls royce is overrated compared to maybach and i think even mercedes s series LWB and bmw 7 series is close to them although much much cheaper , nevermind bentley is rubbish imo ( im talking like im a billionaire lol no never driven them but thats what i think )

Back
Top Bottom