What's new

Superpower by 2020 countdown

2012 Claims Example
https://m.economictimes.com/news/po...erpower-by-2012-kalam/articleshow/3005067.cms

Here is another which gives a different timeline...mid 2020s roughly
https://www.business-standard.com/a...odi-becomes-pm-again-shah-119050500673_1.html

There were claims about 2020 too...I'm just too lazy to look up right now. Just Google it...u will find many such examples of wet dreams.

Kalam's claim is surprising, the man was intellectually brilliant, though I guess he had a very different view of what a superpower is. Regardless, not really one of his smartest claims. The other link is just some dumb nationalist politician.

Kalam's claim is surprising, the man was intellectually brilliant, though I guess he had a very different view of what a superpower is. Regardless, not really one of his smartest claims. The other link is just some dumb nationalist politician.
And that 2030 thing u posted is just a movie...that's not the point.

The point is that the majority of the domestic audience actually buys into it. Why do u think Kalam said it? Why do u think that politician is saying it? Why do u think someone invested a large some of money making that movie? Bcuz they knew ppl will just eat it up. That's the funny part...a large number of ppl actually believe that it would happen.

And that 2030 thing u posted is just a movie...that's not the point.

The point is that the majority of the domestic audience actually buys into it. Why do u think Kalam said it? Why do u think that politician is saying it? Why do u think someone invested a large some of money making that movie? Bcuz they knew ppl will just eat it up. That's the funny part...a large number of ppl actually believe that it would happen.
I expected better on Kalam. Although to be fair, what he says is certainly ideal he's just way off in regards to time. And he also seems to be naive on the social issues regarding India. Given the increased religious fervor in India, if he were alive today I doubt he'd say any of these things.

Back
Top Bottom