What's new

‘Super plan’ for railways

How it is different from bus operation? Can you send two lines to explain that? You mean to say a bus company earns more money than a rly company who operates a 200 km line?

It is the number of commuters that decide the profit of a transport business, be it a bus or a rly company.

BD railway will not develop unless its ownership is divided into many and each then is operated by multiple private operators.

I will comment if you can tell me how it will be privatised. My current comments are based on my own assumptions(already mentioned in above posts), would like to know your plan.

Privatisation of railways failed spectacularly in UK.

For BD privatisation however maybe is the answer. The size of the nation being small is a good thing as well as the sheer number of people we have. Everything good in BD has been market lead it is time for the GOB to divest as much as possible to bring in market and administration discipline to our utilities and transport sectors which is entirely lacking. Fully private sector lead transportation will however mean continued weak regulatory oversight but that will eventually be rectified with time through natural evolution.

If our politicians can stop robbing us openly(which I doubt)then privatization would not be the solution. But gov: menizing industry was a viable idea in 72 post war country does not apply to us anymore. If this sector becomes organization run by capable ppl rather then incompetent kalo birals of rulling parties there is guarantee's that it will become life saver and profitable for us.

If our politicians can stop robbing us openly(which I doubt)then privatization would not be the solution. But gov: menizing industry was a viable idea in 72 post war country does not apply to us anymore. If this sector becomes organization run by capable ppl rather then incompetent kalo birals of rulling parties there is guarantee's that it will become life saver and profitable for us.

You are thinking just the opposite way about our politicians vs-a-vis railway. It is they get corruption money from rly, that is why the politicians do not want to privatize it. It will stop their source of money to buy expensive ornaments for their ugly and fat wives.

You are thinking just the opposite way about our politicians vs-a-vis railway. The reason is corruption why the politicians do not want to privatize the rly. It will stop their source of money to buy expensive ornaments for their ugly and fat wives.

Bro you are talking of the politicians only. But the main problem is the system. Gov servents are main culprits of the country. They easily sell themselves to the private orgs or foreign orgs. Those politicians come for five years but those servents loot us all the years. Politicians have little knowledge to run the country but why dont the servents guide them right way. Why the sevents dont protest if the politicians taking bad decisions. But nowadays Im seeing so many patriot servents who really want to do good for the country.
BTW there are many conspiracies with the railway. Foreign orgs only help to build more roads and bridges. They dont want us build a strong railway based communication.

You are thinking just the opposite way about our politicians vs-a-vis railway. The reason is corruption why the politicians do not want to privatize the rly. It will stop their source of money to buy expensive ornaments for their ugly and fat wives.

touché touché :rofl:

Bro you are talking of the politicians only. But the main problem is the system. Gov servents are main culprits of the country. They easily sell themselves to the private orgs or foreign orgs. Those politicians come for five years but those servents loot us all the years. Politicians have little knowledge to run the country but why dont the servents guide them right way. Why the sevents dont protest if the politicians taking bad decisions. But nowadays Im seeing so many patriot servents who really want to do good for the country.
BTW there are many conspiracies with the railway. Foreign orgs only help to build more roads and bridges. They dont want us build a strong railway based communication.

They'll get their jobs transferred, their title removed, or worse their lives threatened, just a few to be named. Good folks don't reach far in BD they must have mamu khalu in the joint to pave their path. Its so old that its a tradition nowadays :woot: OK I took those references out of movies I used to watch :ashamed:

Bro you are talking of the politicians only. But the main problem is the system. Gov servents are main culprits of the country. They easily sell themselves to the private orgs or foreign orgs. Those politicians come for five years but those servents loot us all the years.

Politicians have little knowledge to run the country but why dont the servents guide them right way. Why the sevents dont protest if the politicians taking bad decisions. But nowadays Im seeing so many patriot servents who really want to do good for the country.

Politicians are becoming more educated year after year. They are becoming also experts on Churidari. Bureaucrats are evil, no doubt. But, main decisions are not made by them.

It is the politicians or the ruling political party that makes major decision. However, bureaucrats find out ways to get into it and receive a good percentage of all deals. I think, shares of corruption money for these two groups are bargained and decided. You can see it in Padma Bridge bribe sharing paper.

Foreign countries do not come to BD and say we want to help you in such and such sectors. It is the GoB who asks money for certain sectors.

Such bombastic plans coming in the wake of elections, when railways are in awful mess, can only mean one thing. Make money out of consultancy for projects that will never materialize. Nuclear plants is another one. Two of them now; and double commission out of consultancy.

Back
Top Bottom