Sukhoi's Su-35S completes 500th test flight

SpArK

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
500th test flight for Russian fighter

AIR_SU-35_Armed_AAMs_Test_Flight_lg.jpg

MOSCOW, April (UPI) -- Sukhoi's Su-35S stealth fighter, being built for the Russian air force, has completed a 500th test flight for evaluation of equipment and maneuverability.

The multi-role aircraft reached the maximum ground-level speed of 869 miles per hour, speed at altitude of 1,491 mph and an altitude of about 59,000 feet, the company said.

"The detection range of targets in the 'air-to-air' mode is over 248 miles," Sukhoi said. "This is significantly higher than that of the combat aircraft currently in service.

"The onboard optical locator station can detect and track multiple targets at ranges exceeding 49 miles. The aircraft complex is ready to undergo tests for combat use."

The company said the aircraft's capabilities surpass those of other tactical fighters, including the Rafale, F-15, F-16, F-18 and F-35.

Russia's Ministry of Defense ordered 48 of the planes, which are to be delivered by 2015.

The fourth production aircraft was delivered for testing by state authorities last month.

Read more: 500th test flight for Russian fighter - UPI.com

God I love this bird. Sure I like the F-15 I like the Typhoon but I freaking LOVE this jet.

If the radar of this bird able to detect F-35 or J-20 before those 2 aircrafts can fire their AAM then it is worth the purchase

If the radar of this bird able to detect F-35 or J-20 before those 2 aircrafts can fire their AAM then it is worth the purchase
Big 'If'. But more unlikely at any tactically advantageous distance. Meaning that by the time either the F-22 or F-35 is detected, the Su's pilot will be receiving a missile.

Big 'If'. But more unlikely at any tactically advantageous distance. Meaning that by the time either the F-22 or F-35 is detected, the Su's pilot will be receiving a missile.
How would you know the Su-35S's radar and electronic equipment won't be able to detect the F-35 before the F-35 can fire its missiles?

How would you know the Su-35S's radar and electronic equipment won't be able to detect the F-35 before the F-35 can fire its missiles?
I never said that the -35's radar cannot detect the American 'stealth' fighters. Never did say so. I have never say so at any time in this forum. In fact, and this is verifiable fact, I have repeatedly said that in radar detection NOTHING is invisible. Radar sees everything.

What low radar observability or 'stealth' does is reduce the distance of detection. In other words, if the F-15 is detected at 150 km out, the F-22 will be detected at less than 30 km, which is well within missile distance.

Raptor debuts at Red Flag, dominates skies
"The thing denies your ability to put a weapons system on it, even when I can see it through the canopy," said RAAF Squadron Leader Stephen Chappell, F-15 exchange pilot in the 65th AS. "It's the most frustrated I've ever been."
In other words, the F-22 or F-35 will shoot before anyone will know either is there.

I never said that the -35's radar cannot detect the American 'stealth' fighters. Never did say so. I have never say so at any time in this forum. In fact, and this is verifiable fact, I have repeatedly said that in radar detection NOTHING is invisible. Radar sees everything.

What low radar observability or 'stealth' does is reduce the distance of detection. In other words, if the F-15 is detected at 150 km out, the F-22 will be detected at less than 30 km, which is well within missile distance.

Raptor debuts at Red Flag, dominates skies

In other words, the F-22 or F-35 will shoot before anyone will know either is there.
Tháts why on my previous post I use the phrase " before the F-35 can fire its missile"; meaning the F-35 or F-22 can fire their missiles at a distant before the Su-35 can detect them?

500th test flight for Russian fighter

AIR_SU-35_Armed_AAMs_Test_Flight_lg.jpg

MOSCOW, April (UPI) -- Sukhoi's Su-35S stealth fighter, being built for the Russian air force, has completed a 500th test flight for evaluation of equipment and maneuverability.

The multi-role aircraft reached the maximum ground-level speed of 869 miles per hour, speed at altitude of 1,491 mph and an altitude of about 59,000 feet, the company said.

"The detection range of targets in the 'air-to-air' mode is over 248 miles," Sukhoi said. "This is significantly higher than that of the combat aircraft currently in service.

"The onboard optical locator station can detect and track multiple targets at ranges exceeding 49 miles. The aircraft complex is ready to undergo tests for combat use."

The company said the aircraft's capabilities surpass those of other tactical fighters, including the Rafale, F-15, F-16, F-18 and F-35.

Russia's Ministry of Defense ordered 48 of the planes, which are to be delivered by 2015.

The fourth production aircraft was delivered for testing by state authorities last month.

Read more: 500th test flight for Russian fighter - UPI.com

Su 35 a stealth fighter.:what::what::what::what::what:

I thought it is a tactical bomber..........

Back
Top Bottom