What's new

Suicide bombing kills 32 in Afghan mosque

humanfirst

Reaction score
kabul-blast-670.jpg

KABUL: A suicide bomber killed at least 32 people and wounded 34 when he struck inside a mosque in Maymana city in northern Afghanistan during Eidul Azha prayers on Friday, officials said.

The attacker was wearing a police uniform when he blew himself up in the crowded Eid Gah mosque in the provincial capital of Faryab province, deputy provincial governor Abdul Satar Barez told AFP.

“As a result of the explosion, 32 people are dead, 17 civilians and 15 police and intelligence agents. The provincial police chief, Abdul Khaliq Aqsai is among the wounded,” he said.

Most provincial government officials were also at the mosque, which was crowded on the first day of the four-day holiday for Eidul Azha.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility.
Suicide bombing kills 32 in Afghan mosque: official | DAWN.COM

RIP the dead..Suicide bombing in a mosque on eid day to taget some policemen!!Sick morons indeed..

Condolences to the Family of Deceased....Rest In Peace......

Bloody Cowards:tdown:

This cannot be a crude home made ANFO...
It has to be an expensive explosive and a sophisticated device...Considering it took out 32 grown up men and was strapped to just one man..

vested interests want to spread anarchy and lawlessness by attacking the law enforcement forces.

Afghan intelligence should retaliate by doing the same covert attacks on the planners and the puppeteers, I am sure lot of friendly intelligence agencies will come to their aid.

vested interests want to spread anarchy and lawlessness by attacking the law enforcement forces.

Afghan intelligence should retaliate by doing the same covert attacks on the planners and the puppeteers, I am sure lot of friendly intelligence agencies will come to their aid.

They actually did that a day before killing 25 faggots with their shadow governor in the same province but these faggots today just took out their frustration on poor people killing and wounding 90 people in a mosque while eid prayers!

F**K those bastards who kill innocent people.... Forr them, life must be made living hell

R.I.P.....I hope peace return to Afghanistan....

First and foremost, our deepest and most heartfelt condolences go to the friends and families of those killed in this heinous act of terror. And we wish a fast and speedy recovery to those who were injured. We will not let this act of terror deter us from achieving our peace objectives in the region. We will continue to fight those who are looking to plague the region with their acts of terror. This is what the ISAF commander, Gen. John Allen, said:

"I condemn this heinous act, which is an affront to human life, to religious devotion and to the peaceful aspirations of the Afghan people. I offer my condolences to the families and friends of those who were killed or injured, and the resources of ISAF to help however we can. This violence undertaken at a place of worship, and during Eid, once again shows the insurgency's callous hypocrisy and disregard for religion and faith. In my recent remarks to commemorate this most holy Muslim observance of Eid al-Adha, I spoke of the admiration I hold for the Afghan people's desire for peace. Today's tragic attack makes this feeling all the more poignant as we -- the Coalition and the Afghan people -- stand together in tireless pursuit of peace."

LTC Taylor,
DET, United States Central Command
U.S. Central Command

Back
Top Bottom