What's new

Sufi Mohammad arrested

when you talk about corruption and criminal charges , you have zardari-the face of corruption in pakistan..also charged with murder

when you talk about terrorism , you have pakistani army and the ISI openly supporting terrorists who are killing innocent people in kashmir and other parts of India.

when you talk about rape and injustice,we all know how pakistani army treated poor bangladeshi people in 1971 war.

when you talk about justice and laws,the whole world knows what pakistan's judicial system is all about.

so the moral of the story is think twice before you post anything.Don't make a senseless fool of yourself.

I would request you to make your points in a more civil manner and keep the personal attack out of your post. qsaark is a senior and respected member, and even while talking to a new member basic civility should be maintained. A humble request from me. And Welcome to the Forum.

With all due respect Sir, you should reply to the comment not the Flag. This leads to thread being derailed and discussion diluted. If you feel strongly about above mentioned issues start a thread where we can slog it out. The voices that I am making is also resonating in Pakistani Media, Why does it make me so different that a tricolour is sitting under my name?

Of the rest I find hardly anything relevant. I expected better from a senior member like you.
If you please go back and re-read your post, you'll know why I replied you so harshly. My posts are on the record that I am not into this India-Pakistan thing and in fact have supported Indians view on many occasions. By blatantly accusing Pakistan for things that are also acceptable in the world’s largest democracy is kind of un-realistic. Is India doing anything even near to what Pakistan is doing to curb religious extremism? What measures India has taken to limit BJP and its satellite organization who are openly anti-Muslim?

I would request you to make your points in a more civil manner and keep the personal attack out of your post. qsaark is a senior and respected member, and even while talking to a new member basic civility should be maintained. A humble request from me. And Welcome to the Forum.

I totally agree with what you say but such posts are not expected from senior members.Qsaark is accusing India for no reason.

By the way I respect your views and thanks for your warm welcome.

2 prisoners linked to Taliban killed in ambush - CNN.com

2 prisoners linked to Taliban killed in ambushStory Highlights
Two men linked to Taliban died in military convoy ambush

One soldier was killed, five others injured in attack, Pakistan military says

Pakistan military, Taliban at odds over control of Swat Valley

updated 3 hours, 3 minutes agoNext Article in World »

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (CNN) -- Two key figures connected to the Taliban in Pakistan's Swat Valley were killed Saturday during a military convoy ambush, officials said.

Pakistan security forces were transporting Amir Izat Khan and Maulana Muhammad Alam from Malakand to Peshawar when their convoy was attacked by militants, the military said.

Both prisoners were killed in the battle. It was unclear whether they were killed by the Taliban or security forces. The men were senior members of an organization run by Sufi Muhammad.

Muhammad represented the Swat Valley Taliban in the recent failed peace efforts between the Pakistani Taliban and the local government. He is also the father-in-law of Maulana Fazlullah, leader of the Pakistan Taliban in the Swat Valley.

An officer was also killed in the battle and five others were injured, the Pakistani military said.

The killings come as Pakistan has waged a month-long military offensive against the Taliban for control of the Swat Valley.

An estimated 2 million Pakistanis have been displaced by the fighting in the past month, according to the United Nations.

TNSM leaders Amir Izzat and Alam Khan killed: ISPR
Saturday, 06 Jun, 2009 | 01:55 PM PST |
ISLAMABAD: Spokesman of the religious outfit Tehrik-e-Nifaz-Shariate-Mohammadi (TNSM) Ameer Izzat and senior leader Muhammad Alam Khan were killed in clash with security forces, ISPR reported on Saturday.

The two leaders were travelling in a prisoner van, which was a part of the security convoy transporting them to prison.

According to the ISPR statement, militants attacked the convoy, which lead to a clash and resulted in the death of both leaders as well as one soldier.

‘The convoy was attacked by an improvised explosive device (IED) followed by firing by terrorists at 5:10 am at Sakhakot,’ the statement said.

It added that ‘a non-commissioned officer embraced shahadat (martyrdom) while five others were injured.’

Five soldiers were also injured in the clash.

The military convoy was attacked near Sakhakot town in Malakand, the army said.

The militants ambushed the convoy of security forces carrying prisoners from Malakand town to Peshawar in the northwest of the country.

The dead aides were arrested on Thursday along with three Afghan nationals.

The deal in February to put three million people under sharia law in exchange for peace in the Swat valley fell apart when Taliban fighters advanced to within 100 kilometres of Islamabad in April.
DAWN.COM | Pakistan | TNSM leaders Amir Izzat and Alam Khan killed: ISPR

There is no such clams made by security forces that Sufi Mohammad arrested major general athar abbas

At least one fifth of your so called democratically elected members is either convicted or has serious crime charges on.

Gosh ... dont be so harsh on the politicians ... and isnt "having a criminal background" a "prerequisite criteria for the job" for politicians everywhere ?
:cool:

Gosh ... dont be so harsh on the politicians ... and isnt "having a criminal background" a "prerequisite criteria for the job" for politicians everywhere ?
:cool:

i guess it is; politicians and honesty are two very very different things :cheesy: :enjoy:

Below from the IHT:

Goes to show the levels the TNSM and the allied Islamist terrorists will go to keep secret their organization:

June 7, 2009
Militants Attack Army Convoy, Killing 2 of Their Own
By SABRINA TAVERNISE
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan — Militants attacked a Pakistani Army convoy on Saturday, killing two high-level prisoners and a soldier, the military said, a strike that highlighted the reach that the Taliban still has a month after an offensive began against them.

The prisoners were connected to the militant leadership in the Swat Valley, where the campaign is taking place. They were deputies of Sufi Muhammad, a religious leader with ties to the Taliban whose son-in-law Maulana Fazlullah commands the Taliban in the area.

Mr. Muhammad leads a banned group called Tehrik-i-Nafaz-i-Shariah-Muhammadi, or TNSM, whose stated goal is the implementation of Islamic law and which is closely linked to the Taliban. His deputies who were killed were identified by the military and locals as Muhammad Alam and TNSM’s spokesman, Amir Izat Khan.

A spokesman for Pakistan’s military, Maj. Gen. Athar Abbas, said by telephone that the attack happened at 5 a.m. near an area called Sakha Kot just north of Peshawar, the regional capital. A convoy of about six military vehicles hit a bomb in the road. Soon after, militants started shooting at the convoy, and soldiers returned fire.

General Abbas said all the casualties were caused by the bomb blast. It was not clear whether the attack was an attempted effort to rescue the two prisoners.

“This incident was the result of an I.E.D. attack,” General Abbas said, using the initials for improvised explosive device, “which is a very usual affair in these areas.”

The military has been clearing the valleys north of Islamabad since early last month, and appears to have made progress. Still, the attack on Saturday underscored the difficulty of their task.

Refugees from Swat, who lived for the past two years under Taliban brutality, said the military’s capture of Mr. Khan and Mr. Alam, which took place several days ago, was an encouraging sign. But they said they would feel safe enough to return home only if the top leadership of the Taliban — Mr. Fazlullah and his spokesman, Muslim Khan — is killed. Mr. Muhammad’s deputies were not among the Taliban’s senior leaders.

At a news conference on Saturday, the military said that Mr. Fazlullah had been singled out three times, but that he escaped each time. Mr. Muhammad is still at large.

“I want to assure you that we have targeted the top leadership,” General Abbas said at the news conference.

General Abbas also said that the military was not yet moving into South Waziristan, the area in Pakistan of the most intense Taliban and Qaeda concentration that is expected to be the focus of the military’s next effort against the militants.

The United States has been pressing Pakistan to take action against its spreading Islamist insurgency and strongly supports the military campaign. On a three-day visit to Pakistan that ended Friday, Richard C. Holbrooke, the Obama administration’s top envoy to Pakistan, praised the military’s efforts as a fresh start in the fight.

The military has conducted two previous campaigns against militants in the area, but neither was successful, in part because it pulled back before completing the job.

“I am personally quite convinced that they are utterly serious about this issue,” Mr. Holbrooke said at a news conference in Islamabad on Friday.

On Saturday, Pakistani authorities said two people were killed and four injured when a suicide bomber hit a municipal rescue service building in the capital, Islamabad, at 8:30 p.m. The police stopped the bomber from entering the building, limiting the number of casualties.

Salman Masood and Pir Zubair Shah contributed reporting

Sufi Mohammad charged with murder, treason

PESHAWAR: A court on Monday charged a radical cleric, who once brokered a Taliban peace deal in the Swat valley, with treason and murder, lawyers said.

Sufi Mohammad, father-in-law of Maulana Fazlullah, the leader of a Taliban insurgency that paralysed the northwestern valley from late 2007 until a military offensive in the spring of 2009, was arrested two years ago.

He is now set to go on trial in an anti-terrorism court in Swat, held behind closed doors in the a maximum security prison in Peshawar over security fears.

“Today, the court framed murder and treason charges on Sufi Mohammad and his 23 followers,” defence lawyer Majeed Adil Majeed told AFP.

“He and his followers broke the law by attacking a police station, killing 11 people, including nine paramilitary and two policemen, and attacked government buildings, which is treason,” Majeed said.

Mohammad has refused to defend himself in court as he does not recognise them and Majeed took on his counsel on orders from the judge.

Arshad Abdullah, law minister of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, confirmed the indictment.

Fazlullah, who has a 50-million-rupee ($615,000) price on his head, was the architect of an uprising that marked the only time that a district under Pakistani government control has effectively slipped into hands of the Taliban.

Pakistan security officials say Fazlullah fled into eastern Afghanistan after the army crushed the Taliban uprising in Swat in 2009.

Under a deal brokered by Mohammad, the Pakistani government agreed to allow the implementation of Islamic law in Swat once violence had stopped but Taliban militants led by Fazllulah refused to lay down arms and undermined the deal.

Sufi Mohammad charged with murder, treason | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

Sufi-Mohammad-543.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom