What's new

Sufi Mohammad arrested

That's funny, because I thought your friend above was the one who brought Kashmir into it. Implicitly, ofcourse. "Extremist elements in foreign countries" my backside.

Maybe he did, either ways its a futile exercise.

Qsaark has a point. As far as I am aware, Sufi Mohammad did not fight against the Army. As for his "pro-Taleban" views, voicing an unpopular opinion is not a crime (even though sometimes it seems the TNSM is the PR branch of TTP). The arrested will most probably be released after some interrogation, unless, ofcourse, a crime allegation comes forward. If that happens, one hopes for a fair trial, as in the case of Hafiz Saeed.

Either we act like an Islamic Democracy, or stop pretending to be one.

Yup, I completely understand where you are coming from (No, not in a literal sense). I believe preaching terrorism is generally not considered a criminal offense in Pakistan specially if you associate it somehow with religion. Sufi is entitled to be spared on both counts. Sufi Saab will also walk out a free man to fight.... oops preach another day.

If Hafiz Saeed trial is your benchmark for free and democratic justice, Best of Luck, you might have a hard time proving anything against Baitullah Mehsud and the Radio Mullah. Oh yes, Radio Mullah may also be preaching just that - An unpopular opinion using latest gadgetry I believe. They will all walk free and perhaps that is the defenition of free country in your minds.

Maybe he did, either ways its a futile exercise.

Yup, I completely understand where you are coming from (No, not in a literal sense). I believe preaching terrorism is generally not considered a criminal offense in Pakistan specially if you associate it somehow with religion. Sufi is entitled to be spared on both counts. Sufi Saab will also walk out a free man to fight.... oops preach another day.

If Hafiz Saeed trial is your benchmark for free and democratic justice, Best of Luck, you might have a hard time proving anything against Baitullah Mehsud and the Radio Mullah. Oh yes, Radio Mullah may also be preaching just that - An unpopular opinion using latest gadgetry I believe. They will all walk free and perhaps that is the defenition of free country in your minds.
OK please don’t try to give us lecture on terrorism. It is you who have started this whole thing, first you terrorized and captured Hyderabad, than Junagarh and Manawadar, and than Kashmir. You did not stop there and you openly did terrorism in East Pakistan, in Siachen, and in Sri Lanka, and in Nepal. There is no end of your state-sponsored terrorism. At least we do something to those who terrorize people, not like you who elect criminals and give them representation in your national and state assemblies. At least one fifth of your so called democratically elected members is either convicted or has serious crime charges on.

"One in five Members of Parliament elected in India’s 2004 general election had pending criminal cases against them, either awaiting trial or on appeal after conviction. About half the cases are for murder, violent robbery or rape.

Those involved include 19 (40%) of 48 Maharashtra’s MPs, 13 (35%) of Bihar’s 37, and 23 of UP’s 80. Bihar’s list includes Lalu Prasad Yadav, the railways minister, who was the state’s chief minister till he had to resign over corruption charges.

Even more surprising and shocking is that five out of nine MPs (56%) in the Maharashtra-based Nationalist Congress Party (NCP), which is headed by agriculture minister Sharad Pawar and aviation minister Praful Patel, have criminal cases.

Similarly, 42% – eight out of 19 – from the UP-based Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP), which is run by Mayawati, UP’s chief minister, are in the list.
" Source: http://ridingtheelephant.wordpress....#8220;no-criminals”-in-indian-politics/ another article: http://www.zeenews.com/news522425.html

Talking about free justice? We have witnessed your standard of justice in Narendra Modi case. So please, before giving us lecture, try to take care of your own self and fix the mess in your own backyard.

Last edited:
Now we must go after Baitullah Mehsud, the biggest criminal in Pakistan.

Again, funny comment. Innocent until proven guilty, remember? no crime could be proven against Hafiz Saeed. Also, sorry to say, Sufi Mohammad did not openly preach terrorism (I strongly suspect that he supports it, but my suspicion is not evidence enough). So no, as far as I know, there is no case against him. However, in this war, anybody who could add to the knowledge of the Security Forces and the government should be asked to cooperate, and if necessary, should be detained for interrogation, as long as not ill-treated.

Sufi did commit crimes for which he was arrested and jailed - AFAIK, his release was conditional to him brokering a peace deal and getting the Taliban to disarm.

The peace deal was enacted on the government side and the NAR was implemented, and the GoP stuck with the peace deal despite repeated violations by the Taliban.

Sufi, instead of playing the role he was released under, chose to demand that more and more of his conditions be fulfilled before he could do anything. He was perfectly happy blasting the GoP, democracy and the judiciary as 'uni-Islamic', but not a word condemning Taliban atrocities, let alone trying to get them to disarm.

He played an extremely dishonest role in the entire process, and therefore did not fulfill the conditions of his release - his rearrest is therefore justified IMO.

OK please don’t try to give us lecture on terrorism. It is you who have started this whole thing, first you terrorized and captured Hyderabad, than Junagarh and Manawadar, and than Kashmir. You did not stop there and you openly did terrorism in East Pakistan, in Siachen, and in Sri Lanka, and in Nepal. There is no end of your state-sponsored terrorism. At least we do something to those who terrorize people, not like you who elect criminals and give them representation in your national and state assemblies. At least one fifth of your so called democratically elected members is either convicted or has serious crime charges on.

"One in five Members of Parliament elected in India’s 2004 general election had pending criminal cases against them, either awaiting trial or on appeal after conviction. About half the cases are for murder, violent robbery or rape.

Those involved include 19 (40%) of 48 Maharashtra’s MPs, 13 (35%) of Bihar’s 37, and 23 of UP’s 80. Bihar’s list includes Lalu Prasad Yadav, the railways minister, who was the state’s chief minister till he had to resign over corruption charges.

Even more surprising and shocking is that five out of nine MPs (56%) in the Maharashtra-based Nationalist Congress Party (NCP), which is headed by agriculture minister Sharad Pawar and aviation minister Praful Patel, have criminal cases.

Similarly, 42% – eight out of 19 – from the UP-based Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP), which is run by Mayawati, UP’s chief minister, are in the list.
" Source: http://ridingtheelephant.wordpress....gn-aims-at-“no-criminals”-in-indian-politics/ another article: Criminal Candidates in Lok Sabha Polls 2009 - Criminals in Indian politics

Talking about free justice? We have witnessed your standard of justice in Narendra Modi case. So please, before giving us lecture, try to take care of your own self and fix the mess in your own backyard.

With all due respect Sir, you should reply to the comment not the Flag. This leads to thread being derailed and discussion diluted. If you feel strongly about above mentioned issues start a thread where we can slog it out. The voices that I am making is also resonating in Pakistani Media, Why does it make me so different that a tricolour is sitting under my name?

Of the rest I find hardly anything relevant. I expected better from a senior member like you.

Again, funny comment. Innocent until proven guilty, remember? no crime could be proven against Hafiz Saeed. Also, sorry to say, Sufi Mohammad did not openly preach terrorism (I strongly suspect that he supports it, but my suspicion is not evidence enough). So no, as far as I know, there is no case against him. However, in this war, anybody who could add to the knowledge of the Security Forces and the government should be asked to cooperate, and if necessary, should be detained for interrogation, as long as not ill-treated.

I am sure GoP will be more proactive in the investigation than Hafiz Saeed case and He was not being tried for crimes AFAIK, he had filed for a petition challenging legalities of his detention that he was not booked / informed of charges within 15 days. Proven innocent does not even matter in that case. Just Pakistan Police was lazy enough to not even fulfill the basic formality.

I don't think there will be any slack for Sufi Saab, who has been protecting and shielding TTP for quite some time. In addition to what AM mentioned, he also presents a good case for Treason, taking the govt for a ride and almost costing dearly to the country.

As far as I have heard Sufi Muhammad has been arrested from a mosque/madrassah along with some militant commanders and that too with some weopans and ammunition..

So he is as guilty as BM.

Sufi Mohammad has not been arrested: Rehman Malik

ISLAMABAD: The chief of Tehrik-i-Nifaz-i-Shariat-i-Muhammadi Maulana Sufi Mohammad has not been arrested, Interior Minister Rehman Malik said on Friday.

Reports quoting sources on Thursday said Sufi Mohammad, along with three other TNSM officials, had been arrested from the Amandara region of Lower Dir.

The Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Thursday confirmed that TNSM’s Central Shura member Maulana Said Wahab, spokesman Ameer Izzat and Deputy Ameer Maulana Alam, had been arrested during the raid, DawnNews reported.

Sources say security forces picked up the top TNSM leaders from their headquarters in Bilal Masjid on the Mingora-Batkhela Road in the Amandara village of Malakand on Thursday.

There were other reports that said Sufi Mohammed, along with his sons Rizwanullah and Ziaullah, had been arrested, but sources could not confirm the reports.

A key TNSM leader, however, confirmed on Thursday that Sufi Mohammad was not present in Amandara for the last few days and had perhaps gone into hiding, DawnNews reported.

Interesting. It was confirmed that he had been captured but now this denial. Looks like they have killed him or something lol

I think he released him for exchange of Cadets who were still in custody of Talibans

Sufi did commit crimes for which he was arrested and jailed - AFAIK, his release was conditional to him brokering a peace deal and getting the Taliban to disarm.

The peace deal was enacted on the government side and the NAR was implemented, and the GoP stuck with the peace deal despite repeated violations by the Taliban.

Sufi, instead of playing the role he was released under, chose to demand that more and more of his conditions be fulfilled before he could do anything. He was perfectly happy blasting the GoP, democracy and the judiciary as 'uni-Islamic', but not a word condemning Taliban atrocities, let alone trying to get them to disarm.

He played an extremely dishonest role in the entire process, and therefore did not fulfill the conditions of his release - his rearrest is therefore justified IMO.

Maybe there is another peace deal in the offing ? After all after you get rid of the the extreme extremist like BM you will need a moderate extremist to talk to.

Regards

I think he released him for exchange of Cadets who were still in custody of Talibans

I dont think so, BM does not give a **** about this Sufi...He would ask for something big..

army confirmed that sufi was arrested. this rehman malik is another d**k head in our gov. he has never been rit. he said two weeks back that buner has been cleared which was far from reality.
all he does is tell us how many more bombers have entered our cities.

now i dont know the reason y sufi has been released if so. or could be that he was arrested for sometime only for investigation purposes

we should not be prisioner to our ugly and dirty past. This is for all of us SAARC.
but in future no individual or organization should be allowed to incite people to voilent activities against other individuals or states.
But also there should be obvious activity to resolve the disputes by peaceful means.
When this is not happening , it allows matters to be hijacked by individuals how donot care about anyone.

Back
Top Bottom