What's new

Su-34 a great fighter and a great bomber that is making its mark in Syria

war&peace

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
This duck-shaped aircraft is being used by Russia Airforce against ISIS in Syria/Iraq. This comfortable long range fighter has a side-by-side dual seat configuration so that both pilots can better interact and communicate with each other during the long flight and fight. The spacious and shielded cockpit allows pilots to standup, stretch and it even houses a kitchenette and a toilet. Apart from the comfort, it is a beast of a fighter that can take down enemy aircrafts and then drop loads of bombs, ATGM, GBUs on targets and safely return thanks to its excellent survivability.

Please share your thoughts about this great aircraft.

@MastanKhan @Horus @Zarvan @Indus Falcon

So good that the Chinese are developing their own equivalent. :D

J-18.jpg

India Should have Considered this Beast Also But Will get better in Super Sukhoi Upgrade

India Should have Considered this Beast Also But Will get better in Super Sukhoi Upgrade
Su-34 is the best replacable option for the Rafale, but I don't think IAF nor MOD is interested in Su-34. With Super Sukhoi Upgrade the MKI will get more teeth and some ground attack capabilities with A2G cruise missiles with SEAD, and DEAD capabilities, but still it will be not a low altitude 9G certified and capable Bomber nor ground attack specialized fighter plane with capable Nav attack sensors on its nose. For such profile IAF have Jaguar UPG, and it could give its service till 2025-30, so IAF don't have such requirement.

Even I considered a few of them for my personal use....You know interstate travels in US take a long time.
india can also consider these.

Su-34 is the best replacable option for the Rafale, but I don't think IAF nor MOD is interested in Su-34. With Super Sukhoi Upgrade the MKI will get more teeth and some ground attack capabilities with A2G cruise missiles with SEAD, and DEAD capabilities, but still it will be not a low altitude 9G certified and capable Bomber nor ground attack specialized fighter plane with capable Nav attack sensors on its nose. For such profile IAF have Jaguar UPG, and it could give its service till 2025-30, so IAF don't have such requirement.
Rafale is Best Option We are getting No Offence Along with Darin III Jaguars for DSPA

I don't understand that whether China have reverse engineered Su-27 and made its own chinese J-xx series. Its been doubt by various experts, that China was able to buy lot of technologies from various CAR countries, specially Ukraine, inclucing Missiles, Radars, Combat naval ships, sensors, engine, fighter planes IPRs, and even various blue print. So instead of doubting that China was able to reverse engineer whole Su-27, the probability of china manufacturing J-xx from the blueprints acquired from Ukraine, with Chinese material and metallurgy, and various chinese equipments replacing the inferior ones. The two prime tech. which Ukraine lacks and are deep inside the Russia is the Engine and the Radars. With the disintegration of the USSR, many former and capable Engineers and scientist were available who might give their services if paid well. These are the two fields that China lags, otherwise she is capable of giving Russia hard time in international weapon market. Well thats my opinion, what do you think about the same.

I don't understand that whether China have reverse engineered Su-27 and made its own chinese J-xx series. Its been doubt by various experts, that China was able to buy lot of technologies from various CAR countries, specially Ukraine, inclucing Missiles, Radars, Combat naval ships, sensors, engine, fighter planes IPRs, and even various blue print. So instead of doubting that China was able to reverse engineer whole Su-27, the probability of china manufacturing J-xx from the blueprints acquired from Ukraine, with Chinese material and metallurgy, and various chinese equipments replacing the inferior ones. The two prime tech. which Ukraine lacks and are deep inside the Russia is the Engine and the Radars. With the disintegration of the USSR, many former and capable Engineers and scientist were available who might give their services if paid well. These are the two fields that China lags, otherwise she is capable of giving Russia hard time in international weapon market. Well thats my opinion, what do you think about the same.
Yes to some extent but you failed to recognise that China has invested a lot in research and development and it has been quite a long time for Chinese aviation industry to develop. China has a huge human resource of highly educated scientists indulging in research at the top universities and research institutions in US and Europe and thus have access to western research and technologies too and US has been blaming China for spying on it for years. In addition, China and Israel have history of cooperation for military R&D; thus US technology has been making it ways into China through Israel. Thus China has more access to Western technologies than Russia which normally focuses on indigenous and home grown technologies and does not spy on west for it.

Yes to some extent but you failed to recognise that China has invested a lot in research and development and it has been quite a long time for Chinese aviation industry to develop. China has a huge human resource of highly educated scientists indulging in research at the top universities and research institutions in US and Europe and thus have access to western research and technologies too and US has been blaming China for spying on it for years. In addition, China and Israel have history of cooperation for military R&D; thus US technology has been making it ways into China through Israel. Thus China has more access to Western technologies than Russia which normally focuses on indigenous and home grown technologies and does not spy on west for it.
I am not denying that china have invested lot of money and effort on r&d but stating that there is no sortcuts to the r&d and takes its own time. But for the looking at the China needs, and the major countries denying her cutting edge tech. and weapons, had prompted her to get the tech developed in the country in short time from all ways and means. The main point was whether its a complete reverse engineer product or a chinese product with the help of Blue print which she purchased from the Ukraine.

I am not denying that china have invested lot of money and effort on r&d but stating that there is no sortcuts to the r&d and takes its own time. But for the looking at the China needs, and the major countries denying her cutting edge tech. and weapons, had prompted her to get the tech developed in the country in short time from all ways and means. The main point was whether its a complete reverse engineer product or a chinese product with the help of Blue print which she purchased from the Ukraine.
Yes on that I agree with you mostly.

Ther is no SAM systems against SU34 of fighters, so why claiming that it is making marks?:-)

Ther is no SAM systems against SU34 of fighters, so why claiming that it is making marks?:-)
Same way how super duper Rafale was making its mark against the Libeyan target with super strong SAM network, and samewhay how US top of the class fighter planes was pounding bombs against Afghan Taliban against the odds of the solder fired stingers.

The showdown of the weapons just like the 30 Min ad of the new product remote controlled battery operated scientifically proven system to reduce fat from your belly without any workout.
If you order today you will get discount upto 20% so what are waiting for Hurry Pick up the Phone, our Lines are Open.

Back
Top Bottom