What's new

Su-30MKI & JF-17 Air Fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Source:
Wings That Stay On - The Role of Fighter Aircraft in War
USAF Colonel (Ret) Edward V. "Cougar" Coggins Jr.
Published by Turner Publishing Company, 2000
ISBN 1563115689, 9781563115684

PAF Inventory

- 100 F-86F Sabres
- 25 B-57 Canberras
- 12 F-104A & F-104B Starfighters
- 12 T-33A trainer/fighter/bombers (two sear F-80s)

=199

The Indian Air Force (IAF) was larger than the PAF and had a myriad of equipment:

IAF

- 8 Mig-21 Fishbeds
- 118 Hawker Hunters
- 80 Mystere IV-As
- 50 Gnats
- 56 Ouragans
- 132 Vampires

Thats make 444!!

Thats mean we were outnumbered by IAF in 1965 too, and we performed very well, and now the inventory is not that bad as it was in 1965!!
So we can perform better then 1965 if india again opens war against pakistan!!

@PAFace, thanks for the this valuable info!!

Pakistan Zindabad!!

and dude change your friend circle all of your friends are mujahideen .

who are you to comment about his friends circle ...got a valid point put it in a presentable manner or youll get banned and i am going to report your posts ...posting in a foreign forum in this manner is highly un acceptable ..you represent our county ....do it in a proper way :agree:

:cheers:

you lost me sir . you seem to read only pc's comment .

my father once told me a of a pakistani pilot which came on international media during the war of 65 . he on TV said he downed many indian planes and seemed very proud but after some reasearch it came out that he had not faced even a single indian fighter in air , he just destroyed indian fighters stationed on ground .

how is your fairy tale relevant to my post?
and how is destroying planes on the ground easier then shooting in air?
May be your dad was referring to this video but i could not find such claims in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
you dont believe anything until source is given to you . maybe i could give you . maybe i could give you the source that pakistanis in japan are calling themselves indian .

read this
Indian Air Force - Visiting the MiG-21 Bisons

india did not have even 6 mig-21 at 65 . they became operational after 65 .

wait.
:rofl:

IAF received its MiG-21F-13 batch in 1963 ..

Indian Air Force Losses -1965 War
and lol.. your own source claims that 3 Mig-21 were lost on the ground.

and dude change your friend circle all of your friends are mujahideen .

Stupid troll.
The same Mujahideen who liberated Afghanistan from the Soviets? Good. Any Muslim would be proud to have friends who are true Mujahideen. Get out of here kid, nobody here wants to read your BS.

Stop wasting the bandwidth with trolls and mudslinging

Last edited:
If you see how well radars are now compared to a decade ago then you would understand that there is a reason why Israeli and others are willing to replace their elephants...

The RCS of MKI is huge. Believe me. I do not have to share the technical details but if you read some on google you will understand. Just read the part I posted about RCS. That is more reliable then someone telling me that it is sleek or nice... If the design was that good then it would never have two vertical tails... No huge brake or those added features around the intake... Hell, those pylons or attached BVR's are even more funny... Just for discussion... How do you judge its RCS?

believe me rcs doesnt matter much until you have got f-22 or f-35 . you attach ammunition and fuel tanks - a jf-17 will be identified as early as a mki by ground based radars .

believe me rcs doesnt matter much until you have got f-22 or f-35 . you attach ammunition and fuel tanks - a jf-17 will be identified as early as a mki by ground based radars .
Ok it is official. You know nothing. I suggest you desist as warnings/banning are imminent. Leave this debate to the smarter members of your nation

Last edited:

This is not true. This is what F-15 and Su-30 pilots and fans tell themselves to make themselves feel better.

It's not additive, but it's not like putting the same missile on say an F-16 and an Su-30MKI gives them both the same RCS either.

And it's not an all or nothing equation of either going F-22 or being useless either. Any reduction helps and reduces the range in which they can detect you.

This is, to a fairly substantial degree, offset by AEW systems but there's no guarantee you can keep those systems flying in war. And in either case you still need a lock to fire the missile, except in some cases (of which I don't believe the Su-30MKI is capable).

Well the RVV-AE has a lock on after launch feature I think. Anyone here knows that?

There is no discussion. SU-30MKI beats JF-17 fair and square. Hell, the F16 Block 60 will beat the JF-17 anyday.

There is no discussion. SU-30MKI beats JF-17 fair and square. Hell, the F16 Block 60 will beat the JF-17 anyday.
But you just proved you don't know anything because there IS a discussion about it. It has been shown that JF has every chance of taking out the big bad sukhoi from beyond visual range, the sukhoi has no significant advantage at that range when the JF is supported by AEW/C aircraft.
Close-in it is a different story - in dogfights the sukhoi holds a significant advantage that can be decisive - thrust to weight ratio. Whether it is actually more agile/manoeuvrable than the JF we cannot be sure, but with thrust vector control it is likely to hold advantages in that department also. However, the JF is stated to be equipped with a helmet mounted cueing system which should, in theory, negate some of the sukhoi's close-in advantages.
..... Looks like a discussion to me.
The F-16 block 60 better beat the JF any day, it costs about 10 times more and is armed with the latest American AMRAAM missile, ECM and AESA radar technology. I bet you wouldn't admit it whoops your favourite sukhoi too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom