What's new

Su-27 Turning Directly In Front Of a B-52

they loved it when Maverick was in a negative 4g dive to give a birdie, it was considered heroic even in though in a movie, this is deemed dangerous :p

The Pentagon has released what is possibly the most troubling video we have seen of a so-called 'unsafe intercept' between one of its aircraft and Russian fighters. The incident occurred on August 28th, 2020, when the U.S. Air Force sent six B-52s, four of which are forward deployed to RAF Fairford in the United Kingdom, to traverse every NATO member country's airspace in a show of strength and solidarity for the alliance. This included flights over Eastern Europe and the tense Black Sea region, where the intercept took place.
Another Russian Su-27 violated Danish air space flying straight across the island of Bornholm while pursuing another B-52 the same day.
The Russian pilot should be thankful that it was not triggerhappy Turks in the F-16s that showed him the way out.

they loved it when Maverick was in a negative 4g dive to give a birdie, it was considered heroic even in though in a movie, this is deemed dangerous :p

Of course it is dangerous, do you know how many pilots have died due to mid air collisions?
Here is a long list for you to go over.

Of course it is dangerous, do you know how many pilots have died due to mid air collisions?
Here is a long list for you to go over.

thank you baji, my post was not suggesting that it's not dangerous I was referring that on one hand they make the same kind of foolishness as heroic especially in their movies and when that same kind of stupidity happens to them they panic

US f-15 did the same to our mahan air airliner over Syria...do not cry when you are the receiving end.

thank you baji, my post was not suggesting that it's not dangerous I was referring that on one hand they make the same kind of foolishness as heroic especially in their movies and when that same kind of stupidity happens to them they panic

Whats a baji? Are you calling me a Korean plant?
Something as simple as shooting a hand gun isn't done right by Hollywood - you expect them get air combat right? lolzzz

US f-15 did the same to our mahan air airliner over Syria...do not cry when you are the receiving end.

Ah come on. The closer US F-15 was well over 1000 meters away from Mahan Airlines (that's over 3000 feet compared to less than 100 ft with this crazy Su-27) when the pilot did a visual inspection to be sure that it was in fact a Mahan Airlines and then the 2 F-15s opened that distance slowly and wider and safely.

What caused the Iranian pilot to react to turbulence and suddenly drop altitude like he did was very strange and hardly seems like it was anything to do with the F-15s at all. There's hardly any footage to prove the F-15s caused that or were even anywhere close enough to cause anything of the sort.

Again I realize the hate is super viscous against anything American but let's be fair and at least call it like it actually is.

Whats a baji? Are you calling me a Korean plant?
Something as simple as shooting a hand gun isn't done right by Hollywood - you expect them get air combat right? lolzzz

Baji = Sister in urdu.

Depending upon situation, smaller one call elder sisters baji, or any girl elder than them. Also used pejoratively as well to show that a girl is quite aged.

As much as I support Russia in many of its endeavors and policies and its military prowess, I think these close calls actually makes them look bad more so than the US or NATO. The Mi-8 throwing dust on American troops in Syria is really childish stuff and absolutely silly. I think the Russians are going to end up losing these silly games because what will end up happening if the Russian command doesn't take control of these reckless situation and implement new rules of engagement and behavior of professionalism for the sake of safety, then there will be an accident that will cause causalities (mostly on the Russian side) and things will escalate to an unfavorable situation for Russia.

So is all this childish and super dangerous behavior worth all that? Certainly not and if you look at this action here, that Su-27 is super lucky that its afterburners created enough thrust to push it far enough in front of the B-52 in order not to impact it. It was a little under 100 feet away from the nose of the B-52 I mean why?! That is just plain stupid.

On the recklessness and silly action by the Pilot of Su 27 I agree with you. It wasn't needed. Coming on the side of the B52 was enough to show to the Americans that they are watched and any power show by them would be responded by the Russians.

But what I do not understand in your comments is your bias towards USA. By showing this bias, you have lost the force of your argument completely.

there will be an accident that will cause causalities (mostly on the Russian side) and things will escalate to an unfavorable situation for Russia.

Why you think the causalities would be mostly on the Russian side!!
You think the Americans are super duper and cannot be touched!!!
Why the situation would be unfavourable for only Russia!!

Certainly not and if you look at this action here, that Su-27 is super lucky that its afterburners created enough thrust to push it far enough in front of the B-52 in order not to impact it.

Once again why you think only Su 27 was lucky!! Wasn't B-52 also lucky!!
In a air collision both aircraft could be in danger equally.

It was far off the right wing and never crossed the path. Just flew close enough to see the plane type.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom