What's new

Stupid & Funny from Around the World :Continued

1648641582674.png

David Cassidy Rejected His ‘Partridge Family’ Co-Star Susan Dey Because She Wasn’t ‘Slutty’ Enough​

Dey and Cassidy had become close during their years on the series. But Cassidy — who was several years older than Dey — thought of her as a sister. He was dumbfounded when he realized how she felt about him.

“She told me in great detail — we must have spent three hours sitting there — how long she had loved me and how difficult it had been for her, and how afraid she was of what was going to happen with our future,” he wrote.

ed01d973d0c01c830f16c1a66bf0eaa5.jpg

Susan Dey spent years singing the background of this song without revealing how she felt..and when the show ended she told him how she had always felt...and he basically said he wasn't interested...which is ironic considering the lyrics of the show's top song:
she's on the keyboards

David Cassidy sporting the original Justin Bieber look in the 1970's. He and Dey were like Bieber and Selena Gomez. Imagine Bieber years later saying Gomez wasn't slutty enough to be his real girlfriend.

[Verse 3]
Believe me
You really don't have to worry
I only want to make you happy
And if you say "Hey, go away", I will
But I think better still
I better stay around and love you
Do you think I have a case?
Let me ask you to your face

-----
Just like in the song from the show Susan Dey basically never spoke to him again after spending 3 hours trying to make her case as to why he should make her his girlfriend. 40 years later she didn't even go to his funeral.

In the day she was quite the looker..

"But Dey's crush on her TV brother was hardcore, despite the fact that he regularly hooked up with female fans and groupies as his Partridge Family fame skyrocketed him to superstar status.

"Throughout the series, Susan Dey continued to be crazy about David, but he didn't handle her emotions for him particularly well or sensitively," Shirley Jones [his mother in the show and step-mom in real-life] wrote.

"She wouldn't listen to my advice to stay away from David, and I found myself warning her over and over against getting involved with him."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom