What's new

Study in Canada.. help me!!

Fahad Khan 2

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Salam Friends...

I want to know about studying abroad there are many Pakistani friends living in Canada. so help me!! Is it wise decision to study in Canada because I am about graduate from IQRA university and my cgp is lower like 2.75 BBA-H because I am lazy and some credit goes to siasat.pk, Pakistan defence forum and PTI
09.gif
for lower cgp.... Some questions are..

I want to do MBA.
How can I can finance my study also working there??
Someone told be that there are different situation and fees structures in different provinces??
Should I contact to any consultancy firm if yes then which keeping in mind Karachi??
Which university should I apply??
Should I wait for 1 or 2 year and get some experience working here and save some money for my education??

These are question coming in my mind right now you can help me with extra information.. Thanks in advance.... You can also recommend any other country also..

My best wishes.

Pl secure admission first. You can do a part time job and study.

Why go to Canada? It is not known to have best of MBA collages. Why not Harvard or Yale or UK?

My best wishes.

Pl secure admission first. You can do a part time job and study.

Why go to Canada? It is not known to have best of MBA collages. Why not Harvard or Yale or UK?

I dont think I am Harvard and Yale material..:undecided:
UK I think is too much populated with Pakistani and Indians and had far has I know education has become very costly and low jobs for students...

UK I think is too much populated with Pakistani and Indians and had far has I know education has become very costly and low jobs for students...
you dont like us? :o:

Even I want to know about this since Iam also aiming to go abroad for studies

Heard the MBA program would cost around 25 to 30 lakhs INR

Plz help me

Than Go to Australia.

Salam Friends...

I want to know about studying abroad there are many Pakistani friends living in Canada. so help me!! Is it wise decision to study in Canada because I am about graduate from IQRA university and my cgp is lower like 2.75 BBA-H because I am lazy and some credit goes to siasat.pk, Pakistan defence forum and PTI
09.gif

I want to do MBA.
Someone told be that there are different situation and fees structures in different provinces??
Should I contact to any consultancy firm if yes then which keeping in mind Karachi??
Should I wait for 1 or 2 year and get some experience working here and save some money for my education??

These are question coming in my mind right now you can help me with extra information.. Thanks in advance.... You can also recommend any other country also..

Depending on what you want to do, you can go to YorkU, Waterloo, UFT or a dozen other universities, most are actually excellent universities, and rival most of the US universities, so don't worry about quality of their staff. I suggest applying to the universities first to see if you get accepted before applying for a student visa, because it'll just make things much easier for you.

You can probably find a student job here, and apply for financial assistance if available to help you with financing your studies. Having said that, if that will be your primary source of income, unless you live on campus, don't bother. Personally, I think you should wait a year or two, save enough money and then go for it, because you'll be in deep financial trouble if you do. When you do come, try to go for a driving licence as quickly as possible, and then for a taxi licence or A-Z licence which would allow you to drive trucks. Both taxi and truck would give you enough financial stability to continue with your studies and live comfortably. This is provided that you saved enough money beforehand to give yourself enough time to get the licences.

I do have to warn you though, going to university in Canada can be a costly thing. International students will usually pay double or sometimes triple the amount per semester than a local student would, because the university has to deal with more legal issues with foreign students.

Here is a link to YorkU's and Waterloo's international students website...

Prospective International Students

Home | Waterloo International

It's not an easy thing studying here, and nothing at all like the environment in Pakistan. The university doesn't give two shits if you're lazy and you're expected to help yourself. If you need tutoring, they're are plenty, but you have to be willing to go look for them yourself. If you miss more than two days of classes, you'll fall behind by at least a month's amount of work. So only apply if you're serious about this, otherwise, don't waste your time and money.

That's really all the help I can give you. I'm sure if you go to the Canadian embassy, they'll provide you with more information.

Salam Friends...

09.gif

I want to do MBA.

your CGPA is terrible. with a few exceptions, you got to have 75% marks to secure admission.

secondly, you got to have 6.5 IELTS score.

proceed if you can secure these two things..

thirdly, you got to have 3-3.5 million in your personal account for 6 months.

and about 1-2 million for fee depending on your course/college for first year/semester.

try toronto only, rest of the canada is nothing.

Depending on what you want to do, you can go to YorkU, Waterloo, UFT or a dozen other universities, most are actually excellent universities, and rival most of the US universities, so don't worry about quality of their staff. I suggest applying to the universities first to see if you get accepted before applying for a student visa, because it'll just make things much easier for you.

You can probably find a student job here, and apply for financial assistance if available to help you with financing your studies. Having said that, if that will be your primary source of income, unless you live on campus, don't bother. Personally, I think you should wait a year or two, save enough money and then go for it, because you'll be in deep financial trouble if you do. When you do come, try to go for a driving licence as quickly as possible, and then for a taxi licence or A-Z licence which would allow you to drive trucks. Both taxi and truck would give you enough financial stability to continue with your studies and live comfortably. This is provided that you saved enough money beforehand to give yourself enough time to get the licences.

I do have to warn you though, going to university in Canada can be a costly thing. International students will usually pay double or sometimes triple the amount per semester than a local student would, because the university has to deal with more legal issues with foreign students.

Here is a link to YorkU's and Waterloo's international students website...

It's not an easy thing studying here, and nothing at all like the environment in Pakistan. The university doesn't give two shits if you're lazy and you're expected to help yourself. If you need tutoring, they're are plenty, but you have to be willing to go look for them yourself. If you miss more than two days of classes, you'll fall behind by at least a month's amount of work. So only apply if you're serious about this, otherwise, don't waste your time and money.

That's really all the help I can give you. I'm sure if you go to the Canadian embassy, they'll provide you with more information.

which all exams needs to be cleared? (Toefel/Gmat/Ielts)

I've an aggregate of 78% so far but it is a 3 year degree and i've heard that US/Canada asks for 16 years of education.

and if you have some blood relative, mamoon, chacha wagera settled there in canada, try to get work permit, the best option for you.

Back
Top Bottom