What's new

Strongest Pakistan Cricket Team Failed to Win the 1999 WC

dexter

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Led by Wasim Akram, Pakistan’s cricket team stood out the strongest in the 1999 World Cup before falling short against Australia in the final. Senior sports Journalist, Waheed Khan, recalls the controversies and allegations that surrounded Pakistan cricket during the 90s.

That day is like an open wound. We'd beaten Australia in the group stages and it looked like a sure thing. They were all probably hungover. Theere were lots of stories of drunken nights involving the Pakistani team during that WC.

If you look at the depth and the quality of the team, ram packed with players who mostly when on to be legends. They should have been legends that day though.

Led by Wasim Akram, Pakistan’s cricket team stood out the strongest in the 1999 World Cup before falling short against Australia in the final. Senior sports Journalist, Waheed Khan, recalls the controversies and allegations that surrounded Pakistan cricket during the 90s.
I was on the island of zanzibar newly married and I watched the final...Pakistan didn't even play. Hell didn't even attempt to play. I was so annoyed

I was on the island of zanzibar newly married and I watched the final...Pakistan didn't even play. Hell didn't even attempt to play. I was so annoyed
That's one way of annoying your new Mrs.

"Sorry darling I am busy watching Pakistan throw away another World cup."

That's one way of annoying your new Mrs.

"Sorry darling I am busy watching Pakistan throw away another World cup."
Man zanzibar is a stunning place...but luckily my wife was also my best friend so she knew I was sports mad b4 we married. She happily chomped through food whilst I was choking watching the world cup being thrown away. These players will never get that opportunity again

Man zanzibar is a stunning place...but luckily my wife was also my best friend so she knew I was sports mad b4 we married. She happily chomped through food whilst I was choking watching the world cup being thrown away. These players will never get that opportunity again
Yes I concur on Zanzibar, miss that place. Lucky for such a wife, mine huffs and puffs when I switch to a sports channel then gives up - that's what happens when you are married so long.

The final was a waste of opportunity - but that is why I love watching Pakistan cricket team, it's like watching a suspense movie.

Yes I concur on Zanzibar, miss that place. Lucky for such a wife, mine huffs and puffs when I switch to a sports channel then gives up - that's what happens when you are married so long.

The final was a waste of opportunity - but that is why I love watching Pakistan cricket team, it's like watching a suspense movie.
Yes but in this suspense I literally want to kill them at times. Loool

Yep gave up on cricket and the Pakistani team that day.
Not looked back and have no real interest in cricket.
Had fireworks and all .. said goodbye to cricket then as well.

The team the followed were absolutely useless.. led by Waqar and the Strings anthem for them went ayo ayo ayo a ,
and being young men we went around after that team”’s performances and changed that anthem to “Le lo, Le Lo, Le lo Na…” you can guess the rest

Yes we lost the Final becus we were led by a Traitor- who also threw the match against Bangladesh- I knew it from that moment onwards Pakistan is not winning the title- It become very clear he was involved in Betting - The story goes that his brother or some cousin in UK bet 4 million Pounds against Pakistan - during Pakistan -Bangladesh match--- The odds were 11-1 just figure the money this Traitor earned.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom