Strings replace Atif Aslam in upcoming season of 'Pepsi

ghazi52

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Strings replace Atif Aslam in upcoming season of 'Pepsi Battle of the Bands'

1699670-strings-1525153635-473-640x480.png

The upcoming season of the Pepsi Battle of the Bands (BoB) is about hit the floors soon, albeit with one new and exciting twist!

It was previously reported that Atif Aslam had bid farewell to the musical reality show and was going to be replaced by none other than Ali Zafar.

bob-1525156166.png

PHOTO: PEPSI

However, since he is currently embroiled in a harassment case against BoB judge Meesha Shafi, it was then said Zafar was no longer in consideration to be a judge on the show.

But now, sources have confirmed to The Express Tribune that it will be Strings that replace Aslam on the panel, even though the BoB team is yet to make an official announcement on the matter.

Apart from Strings, music legends Shahi Hassan and Fawad Khan and of course, Shafi, will reprise their roles as judges on the show.

bobb-1525156170.png
PHOTO: PEPSI

And that’s not all! With five studio albums, four seasons of Coke Studio and multiple international film soundtracks and awards, the iconic duo of Faisal Kapadia and Bilal Maqsood is set to mark three decades of groundbreaking music with the release of eight new singles in 2018.

Strings, who laid the blueprint for pop-rock in Pakistan via their signature sound and inimitable body of work, recently gave us the first two tracks from their latest album, Sajni and Urr Jaaon.

Maqsood and Kapadia have been playing together since the late 80s. Strings was in fact first formed in 1988 by four youngsters. They disbanded for a bit in the middle but Maqsood and Kapadia returned after a hiatus of eight years, marking a comeback with the release of their third studio album Duur in 2000.

stringss-1525156288.png

SCREENGRAB

With that, Strings became the first Pakistani band to ever sing for an international film. They won their first international award, MTV Asia’s Favourite Artist India award in 2005 and has continue to win our hearts to this day.

strings-1525156308.png

Of course, BoB will not be the first time the Dhaani hit makers feature on a reality show. Strings took over Coke Studio season 7 in 2014, after the departure of Rohail Hyatt. Thereafter, they produced four consecutive seasons and only bid farewell to Pakistan’s biggest music platform last year, promising to return with more masterpieces from their musical expeditions.

We just know about Coke Studio...rest is low quality imitation.

We just know about Coke Studio...rest is low quality imitation.
What do u even know abt coke studio or anynother shows for that matter? Stop throwing statements around witout knowing abt quality of stuff produced. Coke studio has become rpetty shytty now, pepsi battle of bands and nescafe basement are producing much more quality stuff comapred to nepotism ka maara bogus compositions riddled coke studio.

-------

On topic hate atif aslam due to his indian bootlicking so dont hear him anymore.as of strings have always hated them and they are crucial in bringing down coke studio quality. If i cud iwill ban strings from everywhere for their boring music.

What do u even know abt coke studio or anynother shows for that matter? Stop throwing statements around witout knowing abt quality of stuff produced. Coke studio has become rpetty shytty now, pepsi battle of bands and nescafe basement are producing much more quality stuff comapred to nepotism ka maara bogus compositions riddled coke studio.

-------

On topic hate atif aslam due to his indian bootlicking so dont hear him anymore.as of strings have always hated them and they are crucial in bringing down coke studio quality. If i cud iwill ban strings from everywhere for their boring music.
Come on mate, it is on youtube...just listen to it and you will like I'm sure...

pepsi battle is good in quality... I watch
But mate I think they all copy Coke studio... There is no originality in that.

Come on mate, it is on youtube...just listen to it and you will like I'm sure...

Man are u going to tell me about coke studio or other music shows? U have already made a joke of urself by ridiculously writing coke studio is best rest is imitation crap
But mate I think they all copy Coke studio... There is no originality in that.
U have a histpry of posting bullshytt without any proofs and knowledge and then to save ur face u keep repeating ur nonsense claims with even more ignorant statements.

No originality? Are y freaking serious? Pepsi Battle of bands even predates coke studio , coke studio came much later pepsi battle of bands has been a very popular show.

Plus no originality? I really cant tell u how much of a fool of urself u always proudly make on this forum.

@Kambojaric nescafe basement and battle of bands has no originality. Lolzz

pepsi battle is good in quality... I watch
U are just wasting ur time.

atif aslam should shift to dubai as according to him we ( Pakistanis ) can't afford him .

Man are u going to tell me about coke studio or other music shows? U have already made a joke of urself by ridiculously writing coke studio is best rest is imitation crap

U have a histpry of posting bullshytt without any proofs and knowledge and then to save ur face u keep repeating ur nonsense claims with even more ignorant statements.

No originality? Are y freaking serious? Pepsi Battle of bands even predates coke studio , coke studio came much later pepsi battle of bands has been a very popular show.

Plus no originality? I really cant tell u how much of a fool of urself u always proudly make on this forum.

@Kambojaric nescafe basement and battle of bands has no originality. Lolzz

U are just wasting ur time.
Mate, it is available on youtube... I never heard about this Pepsi thing but Coke studio is well known and even my Swedish friends know about it and it has done good job in promoting Pakistani music on international level and provided a platform to likes of Atif Aslam, Amia Bag, Noori, Ghulam, Zahoor, Noori, and many others to show case their talent to the rest of the world. So we should appreciate whoever is contributing positively to Pakistan's image abroad and reaching common people..you know if you check the comment section of youtube which is below the video, you will find people from many different countries including India to China, Brazil, Morocco, London to Ibiza, LA, NYC, Vegas to Africa... all like Pakistani music..
If you're still not convinced should listen to some of the all time greats on Coke Studio..

Of all the music shows on Pakistani TV right now, Nescafe Basement is my outright favourite. It has raw energy and pure talent on display. In generalized and metaphorical terms Coke Studio is like the sophisticated and presentable sibling who is great for spreading the families image. Basement on the other hand is the unpolished musical genius of a sibling who will remain unappreciated.

I think it is unfair to compare these shows as they have all carved their own niche. Basement in many ways is what Coke Studio should have been. A door through which young talent can enter the limelight. As @Ocean pointed out however now it is plagued by nepotism *ahem Daniyal Zafar *ahem Zaw Ali. Through Basement however I have been introduced to amazing musical talents without any contacts in the industry such as Sibtain Khalid (Sajna), Sherry Khattak (Fanaa) and Rizwan Anwer (Tu Mera Nahin). However I cant be too tough on Coke Studio either because in many ways it has become the face of Pakistani music. It has a huge global following and cant afford to fail like Basement. Scared of the consequences it has especially in the Strings era stuck with safe options like Rahat Fateh Ali Khan or Sahir Ali Bagga who although great musicians are already well known and so have become boring to listen to (in a way).

Battle of the Bands meanwhile is first and foremost a rock show. For those who dont like this genre of music it is a no go. I thought the most recent season was okay. It in no way had the energy of the old battle of the bands, when EP or Aaroh were rocking the show. Still Kashmir had some nice tunes and I think the show has potential. Of all the judges Shafi was weakest yet I suppose they decided to get rid of Ali Zafar rather than her to maintain some sort of gender parity on the judges podium.

One of my most favourite Basement songs as it just shows the amount of raw talent available in the Pakistani music industry. These kids would be stars if their dads were major figures within the industry.

Of all the music shows on Pakistani TV right now, Nescafe Basement is my outright favourite. It has raw energy and pure talent on display. In generalized and metaphorical terms Coke Studio is like the sophisticated and presentable sibling who is great for spreading the families image. Basement on the other hand is the unpolished musical genius of a sibling who will remain unappreciated.

I think it is unfair to compare these shows as they have all carved their own niche. Basement in many ways is what Coke Studio should have been. A door through which young talent can enter the limelight. As @Ocean pointed out however now it is plagued by nepotism *ahem Daniyal Zafar *ahem Zaw Ali. Through Basement however I have been introduced to amazing musical talents without any contacts in the industry such as Sibtain Khalid (Sajna), Sherry Khattak (Fanaa) and Rizwan Anwer (Tu Mera Nahin). However I cant be too tough on Coke Studio either because in many ways it has become the face of Pakistani music. It has a huge global following and cant afford to fail like Basement. Scared of the consequences it has especially in the Strings era stuck with safe options like Rahat Fateh Ali Khan or Sahir Ali Bagga who although great musicians are already well known and so have become boring to listen to (in a way).

Battle of the Bands meanwhile is first and foremost a rock show. For those who dont like this genre of music it is a no go. I thought the most recent season was okay. It in no way had the energy of the old battle of the bands, when EP or Aaroh were rocking the show. Still Kashmir had some nice tunes and I think the show has potential. Of all the judges Shafi was weakest yet I suppose they decided to get rid of Ali Zafar rather than her to maintain some sort of gender parity on the judges podium.

One of my most favourite Basement songs as it just shows the amount of raw talent available in the Pakistani music industry. These kids would be stars if their dads were major figures within the industry.

Mate you should listen to NFAK... He is great...creative and original.

Back
Top Bottom