What's new

Stricter visa rules to stop illegal foreign workers

Investors yes but worker i don think so. Language barrier has been core reason for lack of country to country communication.

Well in one large textile industry (weaving) alone there are over 3000 Pakistani workers. Beximco Textiles in Savar, Gazipur Export Zone. I have discussed this many times, seen it myself. My understanding is that Pakistani workers are on mostly legal status with work visas due to being experts. They get paid very well, better than Pakistan salary level, otherwise they wouldn't be here. They are an excellent balance and counterpoint to Indian experts' and equipment suppliers' claims and narratives.

In the early days (post 1990's) I heard they had to hire a lot of Pakistani textile workers with experience in operating Tajima and Toyoda waterjet and airjet looms (as well as knitting units) because textile industry was more established in Pakistan than Bangladesh at that time (not the case now, thirty years later), Bangladeshi workers did not have experience with these sophisticated looms, so they needed experts to train them, hence employing Pakistanis experts. The numbers have not decreased I am pretty sure, across the board.

Pakistani workers found the environment amenable, Bengalis are mostly an easy-going lot (unless provoked). It happens. There hasn't been too many untoward incidents despite some occasional trust deficit, thanks to rabble rousing by Indian saajish-wallahs. Most Bangladeshis understand Urdu quite well.

Pakistani experts are also employed at many other weaving, spinning and knitting units (unfathomable number of factories at this time). Pakistani High Commission in Dhaka knows how many Pakistani are employed in Bangladesh I'm sure.

Last edited:
I do not know why there is a perception that illigal indians work in only in managerial positions, they throng to our agricultural heartland during harvest seasons. These should be checked. They bring in diseases, drugs and crime alongside their more well heeled countrymen.

BD should these check these scum as a matter of priority. They represent security risk and damage social cohesion in BD. BD should in first instance must weed out indians in BD media, private education, telecoms & internet sector alongside agricultural sector.

Next step they must force any bangladeshi owning property india to register and pay taxes on these and make it illigal for any bangladeshi to maintain a personal bank accounts in india.

BD must also close down hundi payment out of BD to india.

These indians are a cancer in the heart of BD and we must expel them.
I don't know how, but every autumn, UK countryside starts speaking Punjabi, and then after the harvest they all disappear equally fast
These guys and their fake resumes with 15 years of IT experience make my blood boil, but sadly I see a lot of Bangladeshis getting into this fraudulent activity, even the smarter ones. The blame is on hiring managers requiring 10+ years of experience when the task can obviously be done by a fresher with only 3 months of training from these fraud indian companies
It's H1B requirements.

There are effectively no oversight, but H1B requirements to draw only "high-profile" foreign hire forces companies to resort to hiring these 20 years olds with "10 years experience."

Back
Top Bottom