What's new

Strategic Reset: Pakistan-Russia Ties step up

I think it'll be a pretty rude awakening, but you sure will be surprised. Some people remain in denial. Can't ever treat that.
How can i deny something which has not happened,yeah jumping the gun will get you butt hurt.

I am sure you will be around ,book mark my post and come back if something changes on the ground.

And India can dictate terms to Russia. If Russia can make India pay for half of PAKFA development while give zilch in return. what make India think that it has any influence over Russia arms export? First, get Russia to allow Indians to get within 50 feet of PAKFA after India pay for part of development before trying to have any policy or weapon sales influence.

We will get a pakfa prototype in 2015,,so yeah we can go closer than 50 feet.
Secondly 13-25% work share will be indian on composites,cockpit and software at least.
Thirdly quit feeling hurt

Snapshot of the potential Pakistan - Russian relationship.

Pakistan has signed a milestone defense pact with Russian federation which may entail the following.

* Acquisition of Mi-35 Hind-E assault helicopters for SSG's Special Operations Task Force.

* Joint Counterterrorism training of Special Ops units

* Joint Air Force training

* Pakistan will participate in Russian tank warfare competition

* Russia will be allowed to have regular port calls and dockings at Pakistani ports

* Russia has elevated Pakistan from category D to B for arms sales.

* Smooth supply of RD-93 turbofan engines and its upgraded MA variants for JF-17 Thunder aircrafts.

* Pakistan has just established an upgrade and overhaul facility for its Mi-17 helis, which Russians will help with.

* Both states have agreed to work together in Afghanistan to make sure another civil war doesn't take place

* On economic side, Russia is interested in building a gas pipeline from Nawabshah city of Sindh to Gwadar in Balochistan which will be connected with Iran when the sanctions on Iran are lifted.

* Russia is also interested in rebuilding Pakistan's steel mills, helping with Railways and in building the Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India gas pipeline.

* Russia will also invest in Pakistan's oil and gas exploration sector which is seeing increased activity.

* Increase in bilateral trade which currently stands at just $542 million.

Our current order book with Russia is 3 times your defence budget. Like DUH! :hitwall:

You dont have to complicate things,forget the partnership between India and Russia.it dosent even make business sence.

One who has been following events closely for last 3-4 years will know ,cooperation between Russia and Pakistan was on the cards in Afganistan.even the MI 35 is in that direction.
Only thing is some Indian and Pakistani members are reading too much into it.

And dont worry about PAKFA ,it will be resolved hopefully when Putin comes to India,lets wait till then.

You guys kick on Russian back and now hoping that they will care you guys well and of course you guys have money to do that:crazy:. First asked Russia to give you guys access to 5th gen fighter program which they already reduce to 5% then dreams on other things. Indian fail to understand new block is in making and in this block China, Russia and Pakistan (three nuclear powers) is in same page. We can give Russia a nearest route to Asia that on one give that which its self is trillion dollar and it will give Russia big edge.

Last edited:
We will get a pakfa prototype in 2015,,so yeah we can go closer than 50 feet.
Secondly 13-25% work share will be indian on composites,cockpit and software at least.
Thirdly quit feeling hurt

that was a old news and now they reduce work share to 5% of Indian. read below for your easy reference and Russia is not sharing its technology to India anymore. So best of luck with your Rafale and you guys lost Russia because of that.

Under the new arrangement, HAL will only provide the FGFA only with tyres, basic navigation equipment, laser designation pods, heads-up-displays and additional coolant for the radar, official sources said.

"India should not let itself be taken advantage of by the Russians as it is paying half the FGFA's developmental costs," military analyst Air Marshal V K Bhatia (rtd) said.

Indian Air Force unhappy at progress of PAK-FA fifth-gen fighter - IHS Jane's 360

if the statement means nothing, Russia-Pakistan ties got a RESET, if does not carry any weight or credibility then y is the all the fuss by butt hurt Indians?

the notion that Indians do try to hide their inferiority complex and their fear from the Muslims / Pakistanis in the sub-continent drive them to post these kind of replies..

No wonder India wets its pants whenever its tiny neighbor adds anything in its defense equipment and strategic ties...

that was a old news and now they reduce work share to 5% of Indian. read below for your easy reference and Russia is not sharing its technology to India anymore. So best of luck with your Rafale and you guys lost Russia because of that.

Under the new arrangement, HAL will only provide the FGFA only with tyres, basic navigation equipment, laser designation pods, heads-up-displays and additional coolant for the radar, official sources said.

"India should not let itself be taken advantage of by the Russians as it is paying half the FGFA's developmental costs," military analyst Air Marshal V K Bhatia (rtd) said.

Indian Air Force unhappy at progress of PAK-FA fifth-gen fighter - IHS Jane's 360

They reduced it from 25 to 13%:sarcastic:
Try harder:D

T-50 PAK-FA fighter jet project with Russia hits turbulence : North, News - India Today

That too because we cannot do better than russians,,,not because they are biased or pissed.

if the statement means nothing, Russia-Pakistan ties got a RESET, if does not carry any weight or credibility then y is the all the fuss by butt hurt Indians?

the notion that Indians do try to hide their inferiority complex and their fear from the Muslims / Pakistanis in the sub-continent drive them to post these kind of replies..

No wonder India wets its pants whenever its tiny neighbor adds anything in its defense equipment and strategic ties...

I fear u a lot:cray:

And India can dictate terms to Russia. If Russia can make India pay for half of PAKFA development while give zilch in return. what make India think that it has any influence over Russia arms export? First, get Russia to allow Indians to get within 50 feet of PAKFA after India pay for part of development before trying to have any policy or weapon sales influence.

Mam you are ILL Informed as Shite
I suggest you study something first before commenting on the matter

Its not the equipment that you can get, its the priority they give you. India and some ME countries have priority A, and there is weight towards $$$ spend of course. If Pakistan buys a Billion $ worth of weapons, I am sure they'll elevate the category to A.

Srsly Pakistan cannot afford cutting Edge Russian Hardware so we don't have to worry

There is a difference
we are going to contribute these things & when PAK-FA reaches Production Stage we will get all required techs to manufacture PAK-FA
Keep in Mind how much we manufature SU-30s here this deal is bigger than that

the closest to get is 65 meters

2011_05_24_6.jpg
2011_05_24_3.jpg

So anyone who speaks in the interest of Pakistan, becomes a Pakistani. You and your other friends keep calling me that. I don't have to wait for shit. We, the US military has a LOT more than what the world knows about and no one can counter us. However, back to Pakistan, India and Russia, I can assure you, an AD system is in discussions and it won't take more than a year or two to materialize. YOU can mark today's date and keep coming to this forum. You'll remember my post one day.

Air Defence ? Serious? Agree it or not. India is a golden hen for Russia which lays golden egg. Russia in no way, will kill the hen (supplying AD to Pakistan). When we are facing problems with Rafale negotiations, problems with PakFA will be there. We shall always sort out.

It was not even a genuine complain by IAF it's was just rumors pushing by western arms lobby to sell F-35:D:D:D

"Sections of the Indian media reported that the Indian Air Force command criticised the FGFA program. In particular, Russia was accused of non-fulfilment of its promises. The Russian side said it hadn't received official claims from the Indian partners, adding that the work was going on schedule.
Russia and India have set up a joint venture to design and develop the medium-payload multirole transport aircraft. Its founders were Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL), UAC and Rosoboronexport. The headquarters of the JV will be in Bangalore."

FGFA, MTA priority projects with India - Mikhail Pogosyan | Russia & India Report

And this is for FGFA. For Russias own planes, would they install even an Indian screw? No way. No Russian pilot would fly a plane that has a single Indian made component.

As for planes sold to India, India can have a 5% contribution on the plane. So to sum it up. Russia will provide 100% of component for Russian Air Force planes. Russia will be responsible for 95% while India 5% for planes that will serve in Indian Air Force. In truth, any Indian that value their life would not fly a plane that has too much Indian parts.

Last edited:
So anyone who speaks in the interest of Pakistan, becomes a Pakistani. You and your other friends keep calling me that. I don't have to wait for shit. We, the US military has a LOT more than what the world knows about and no one can counter us. However, back to Pakistan, India and Russia, I can assure you, an AD system is in discussions and it won't take more than a year or two to materialize. YOU can mark today's date and keep coming to this forum. You'll remember my post one day.

I have been called a Pakistani many times by Indians who disagree with my post. They think India has so much influence on Russia that Putin would not raise a finger without getting an OK from New Dehli.

Back
Top Bottom