What's new

Stings, Scams and Science - Publishing fake research papers is a flourishing business in India-China

If you can't swim in the pool, better to take a dip into a sewer right?
Truth is bitter,Accept it pakistan doesn't even have facilities to do a liver transplant or a major heart surgery forget neurosurgery, in India we have atleast 10-15 such hospitals in every city.
Truth hurts isn't it? When you spit at the sky,it will fall on you not the sky.

Indians Indians. China and India are separated by the holy mighty Himalaya. Please don't lump China together with India unnecessarily. China and India are sometimes spoken together only due to geographical proximity, but they don't necessarily do things the same way. For example, Chinese eat with chopsticks and Indians eat with their fingers.
I know what chinese do, they never get the research data right, but 1 week before it is time to publish their dissertation in order to graduate, they get the perfect result, they never have contradicting results, just the same results as the previous author who published it,thereby proving the former authors theory as good.What did they do in all this just quote his work with some tiny grammar changes in the end and its a review and dissertation.
i speak so with experience in china mainland.

Truth is bitter,Accept it pakistan doesn't even have facilities to do a liver transplant or a major heart surgery forget neurosurgery, in India we have atleast 10-15 such hospitals in every city.
Truth hurts isn't it? When you spit at the sky,it will fall on you not the sky.

I know what chinese do, they never get the research data right, but 1 week before it is time to publish their dissertation in order to graduate, they get the perfect result, they never have contradicting results, just the same results as the previous author who published it,thereby proving the former authors theory as good.What did they do in all this just quote his work with some tiny grammar changes in the end and its a review and dissertation.
i speak so with experience in china mainland.
i really fail to understand why you reply to icewolf.........go through his all previous post .........he never talk sensibly .....this the way he is ......request from all Indian....better ignore him.....

Hindu traitors go to India for treatment . No sane Pakistani would go to a country like India

WOW! 64 doctors in 4 decades..... India is really a heaven for doctors !!! :rofl:
Stop talking crap kid..... India has the worlds worst medical crisis..... You need doctors
Hindu traitors? hahaha, your pace bowler waseem akram chose to get his ex-wife treated in India instead of Pakistan as they didn't have those facilities for multi-organ failure management.
:rofl:
Now laugh at the hindu traitors
Please don't come to our country for medical treatment, go to china for it.

i really fail to understand why you reply to icewolf.........go through his all previous post .........he never talk sensibly .....this the way he is ......request from all Indian....better ignore him.....
I did a mistake replying to a troll , hes on ignore from now on.No logic, no rational talk.utter bs.

India is now ranked No. 7 in the world with the number of research papers published? Well done India.
... but it's a fraud. What a shame.

Thank you sir for busting these Indians for lying, cheating and dragging China in articles about Indian scientists cheating and plagiarizing.

Yes, like global warming. That is one of the biggest "scientific" scam.

Indians Indians. China and India are separated by the holy mighty Himalaya. Please don't lump China together with India unnecessarily. China and India are sometimes spoken together only due to geographical proximity, but they don't necessarily do things the same way. For example, Chinese eat with chopsticks and Indians eat with their fingers.

Chinese have no allergy, the problem is Indian poor cognitive ability. Anyone with a fairly good intellect would've spotted the problem with 3rd rate indian media report, where it mentioned China in the heading, but failed to provide anything substantial in the article.
So what if you're posting in Indian section?

1) Does it exonerate the article from its sub standard journalism?

2) Does it mean Chinese member cannot read it?

Clearly, indian intellect failed to grasp that I'm taking issue with the article, not the subject matter. It is a well known fact that academic fraud happens in every country. What's the use of posting another article if one doesn't have the skill to read the article in its entirely and discern any shady journalism???

Your Economist article that bashed China subtly mentioned China only ranked fourth in terms of academic fraud. (This is based on research papers of the highest quality that made it to American National Academy of Sciences publication.
Why India is not in the list, India produces very little high quality research papers)

Scientific research: Looks good on paper | The Economist

Economist maybe more reputable than Businessline, but authors are all human. Whether they are out to take a swipe at China or not, any discerning readers can certainly tell. Need I say more?

Please back your claims with some credible sources or leave it - as if this is meant to be the only reason for India to not to be in the list.....Anyone can put up claims like that concerning any nation....

The reason why I claim this fact is that we have more % of cited research works to uphold our intellectual honesty avoiding plagiarism than both Pakistan and China....

INDIA AVOIDS PLAGIARISM BETTER THAN CHINA AND PAKISTAN DO

t05fut.png

on382.png

Source:- SJR - Compare countries

02shame.jpg

In plagiarism too, China beats India

New Delhi, Oct. 1: India and China appear to lead in plagiarism in life sciences research, but the US, Japan and Germany account for the majority of fraud, scientists reported today after a large analysis of shamed research.

India accounted for 3.4 per cent (30 papers) of the 889 papers retracted for fraud or suspected fraud, 10 per cent (20 papers) of the 200 retracted for plagiarism, and 9 per cent (26 papers) of the 290 retracted because of duplication (see chart). China’s count was higher under each head: 6.7 per cent (59 papers), 11.5 per cent (23 papers), and 20 per cent (58 papers), respectively.

Source:- In plagiarism too, China beats India

And as I said - You will find hundreds of these reports online - the only condition being - don't call it a western propaganda against China please!!!! And frankly speaking India is much better off in this concern - that's not done on an Industrial scale here....

As i said academic fraud happens in every country, do not delude yourself to think that India, among the world's most corrupted country is cleaner than China, LOL. Indian academic plagiarism is worse than just fraud for commercial purpose by low rank university. Plagiarism is widespread even among Indian elite institutions, professors and chancellors included.

Here is a quick summary
Scientific plagiarism in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The best Indian institution is plagued with plagiarism, we're talking about IITs. Professors and students are both involved.
IIT results of 30 students withheld after reports of cheating - Indian Express

Chancellor plagiarized too.
The Hindu : Rajput found guilty of all charges

Even the Science Advisor to India Prime Minister got caught for plagiarism
PM's top adviser in plagiarism row - Hindustan Times

At least bother to read the articles once while digging out dirt as per your convenience - The article you linked to back your claim that "The best Indian institution is plagued with plagiarism, we're talking about IITs. Professors and students are both involved" - we are talking about scientific Plagiarism that is "wrongful appropriation" and "purloining and publication" of research papers. From when did cheating in entrance examinations at a center became Scientific Plagiarism and lol how come the students and professors of IIT's indulged in it???? And if this is called Scientific Plagiarism then what will you call this -

China jails teachers and parents for hi-tech exam cheating | World news | theguardian.com

Second as far as the matter of Science Advisor to India Prime Minister indulging in the same is concerned it has already been sorted out long time ago - The PhD student took the responsibility for the incident and issued an apology...And he is the same scientist whom China conferred its top science award and later on become the first Indian scientist to be elected as honorary foreign member of CAS.

Prof CNR Rao first Indian in China science academy - Times Of India
China confers top science award on CNR Rao - Times Of India

Last edited:
Please back your claims with some credible sources or leave it - as if this is meant to be the only reason for India to not to be in the list.....Anyone can put up claims like that concerning any nation....

In plagiarism too, China beats India

02shame.jpg

New Delhi, Oct. 1: India and China appear to lead in plagiarism in life sciences research, but the US, Japan and Germany account for the majority of fraud, scientists reported today after a large analysis of shamed research.

Their study, described as the most comprehensive analysis yet of retracted research papers, also suggests that China accounts for a larger share of plagiarism, duplication and fraud or suspected fraud in life sciences research compared with India.
US scientists who analysed the origins of 2,047 retracted papers said that while scientific misconduct is rare — been retracted — its incidence appears greater than previously assumed.

The study has revealed geographical differences in causes of retractions. Three-fourths of the retractions due to fraud or suspected fraud were by researchers in the US, Germany and Japan, but India and China accounted for most of the retractions due to plagiarism or duplication. The findings appeared today in the US journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
Microbiologist Ferric C. Fang at the University of Washington and his colleagues found that 67.4 per cent of the retractions were because of misconduct — fraud, suspected fraud, plagiarism or duplication — while 21.3 per cent were because of errors.
India accounted for 3.4 per cent (30 papers) of the 889 papers retracted for fraud or suspected fraud, 10 per cent (20 papers) of the 200 retracted for plagiarism, and 9 per cent (26 papers) of the 290 retracted because of duplication (see chart). China’s count was higher under each head: 6.7 per cent (59 papers), 11.5 per cent (23 papers), and 20 per cent (58 papers), respectively.

Fang, however, has cautioned that the analysis was not designed for country-to-country comparisons, which would ideally also require data of the total number of research papers published by each country.

Another sub standard junk article from Indian media???????? Are you only capable of quoting from junk Indian news?? Exercise some brain cell!! Give respect to your own intellect!!!

This article is based solely on findings of Microbiologist Ferric C. Fang at the University of Washington based on retracted publication ONLY. Fang, however, has cautioned that the analysis was not designed for country-to-country comparisons, which would ideally also require data of the total number of research papers published by each country.

Without knowing the total research output, only media in dumb Indian media would compile a report saying China lead India in plagiarism!!!

Let me enlighten you, China research output is easily 3 times that of India, based on per paper bias, India's plagiarism would be so much HIGHER !!

publishedresearchoutputsmall.jpg

At least bother to read the articles once while digging out dirt as per your convenience - The article you linked to back your claim that "The best Indian institution is plagued with plagiarism, we're talking about IITs. Professors and students are both involved" - we are talking about scientific Plagiarism that is "wrongful appropriation" and "purloining and publication" of research papers. From when did cheating in entrance examinations at a center became Scientific Plagiarism and lol how come the students and professors of IIT's indulged in it???? And if this is called Scientific Plagiarism then what will you call this -

If I didn't read, how could I know you posted a junk article above again???? I may have posted the wrong link. but Yes, even your best institutions plagiarize too.
IITs professors are demoted for plagiarism!!!

1) Source- Plagiarism punch knocks out IITs - Hindustan Times
Independent cases of plagiarism have hit three different Indian Institutes of Technology with scientists accused of stealing credit for others’ research, shocking the academic community and raising concerns about scientific ethics.

IIT Kharagpur physics professor R.N.P. Choudhary has lost his position as head of department after a junior faculty member A.K. Thakur accused him of not sharing research credit with him.

A research paper jointly authored by professors of IIT Delhi, Jamia Millia Islamia and the Inter University Accelerator Centre (IUAC), published in 2009, has been retracted by editors of the journal Nuclear Methods and Instruments. The retraction notice says the “authors have plagiarized parts of a paper that had already appeared” in another journal.

Two review articles coauthored by a senior IIT Kanpur professor Ashok Kumar have also been retracted by the journal Biotechnology Advances.

“All these cases, tumbling out one after the other, are shocking. I think they are symptomatic of larger questions of scientific ethics... the scientific community needs to introspect,” a IIT Bombay professor said.

Choudhary accused Thakur of levelling false allegations due to personal tensions. “He did not contribute at all to the paper that he is claiming credit for,” Choudhary told HT.

But IIT Kharagpur sources said a probe team found greater merit in Thakur’s allegations than in Choudhary’s defense.

IUAC professor D.K. Avasthi accused his co-authors — Anup Ghosh of IIT Delhi, Pawan Kulriya of IUAC, Sharif Ahmed of Jamia and Shashi Chawla of Amity University — of publishing his name as an author without his consent. “My contribution to the research was limited to the fact that my laboratory was used,” Avasthi said.

IIT Kanpur’s Kumar accused the editor of Biotechnology Advances of “personal problems” with him for the retraction of the article. “Since the journal insisted, I agreed to a voluntary retraction. But... they have retracted the article unilaterally using inappropriate language in their retraction notice,” Kumar said.

Another IIT plagiarism!
2) Plagiarism boot on faculty foot
- Scientists feel mails suggest IIT teachers tried to silence student

Last edited:
Another sub standard junk article from Indian media???????? Are you only capable of quoting from sub standard Indian article?? Exercise some brain cell, read it before posting. Give respect to your own intellect.

This article is based solely on findings of Microbiologist Ferric C. Fang at the University of Washington based on retracted publication ONLY.Fang, however, has cautioned that the analysis was not designed for country-to-country comparisons, which would ideally also require data of the total number of research papers published by each country.

Without knowing the total research output, only media in India would compile a report saying China lead India in plagiarism!!!

Let enlighten you, China research output is easily 3 times that of India, if based on this retracted report, on per paper bias, India's plagiarism would be so much HIGHER!!

publishedresearchoutputsmall.jpg

If I didn't read, how could I know you posted a junk article above again???? Yes, even your best institutions plagiarize too. IITs professors are demoted for plagiarism!!!

Source- Plagiarism punch knocks out IITs - Hindustan Times

Independent cases of plagiarism have hit three different Indian Institutes of Technology with scientists accused of stealing credit for others’ research, shocking the academic community and raising concerns about scientific ethics.

IIT Kharagpur physics professor R.N.P. Choudhary has lost his position as head of department after a junior faculty member A.K. Thakur accused him of not sharing research credit with him.

A research paper jointly authored by professors of IIT Delhi, Jamia Millia Islamia and the Inter University Accelerator Centre (IUAC), published in 2009, has been retracted by editors of the journal Nuclear Methods and Instruments. The retraction notice says the “authors have plagiarized parts of a paper that had already appeared” in another journal.

Two review articles coauthored by a senior IIT Kanpur professor Ashok Kumar have also been retracted by the journal Biotechnology Advances.

“All these cases, tumbling out one after the other, are shocking. I think they are symptomatic of larger questions of scientific ethics... the scientific community needs to introspect,” a IIT Bombay professor said.

Choudhary accused Thakur of levelling false allegations due to personal tensions. “He did not contribute at all to the paper that he is claiming credit for,” Choudhary told HT.

But IIT Kharagpur sources said a probe team found greater merit in Thakur’s allegations than in Choudhary’s defense.

IUAC professor D.K. Avasthi accused his co-authors — Anup Ghosh of IIT Delhi, Pawan Kulriya of IUAC, Sharif Ahmed of Jamia and Shashi Chawla of Amity University — of publishing his name as an author without his consent. “My contribution to the research was limited to the fact that my laboratory was used,” Avasthi said.

IIT Kanpur’s Kumar accused the editor of Biotechnology Advances of “personal problems” with him for the retraction of the article. “Since the journal insisted, I agreed to a voluntary retraction. But... they have retracted the article unilaterally using inappropriate language in their retraction notice,” Kumar said.

lol you should Exercise some brain cell, read it before posting - it clearly says life sciences- not the entire research output in every subject that you are referring to - and unfortunately as there are no stats available in the public domain specifically on "Life Sciences" I, in order to support my claim for the very same purpose, posted the comparison of % of cited documents - why is the % of cited documents from India is more than that of China?

t05fut.png
on382.png

Secondly I never denied IIT's are not involved in the same - as a matter of fact you linked a report in your previous post which is on cheating in the entrance exam of IIT's which has nothing to do with scientific plagiarism - we are talking about scientific Plagiarism that is "wrongful appropriation" and "purloining and publication" of research papers not of cheating in entrance examinations. This was the article you posted on the basis of which you called students and professors of IIT indulging in the same -
IIT-Kanpur has withheld the result of 30 students after a probe revealed that some students indulged in cheating during the IIT-JEE examination at a centre in Bhatinda.

JEE = Joint Entrance Examination

Last edited:
Very interesting Pakistan has more citings then China or India from 2011 to 2012. :pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Last edited:
lol you should Exercise some brain cell, read it before posting - it clearly says life sciences- not the entire research output in every subject that you are referring to - and unfortunately as there are no stats available in the public domain specifically on "Life Sciences"

So spare me your dumb rhetoric. Posting junk article is an indication of brain cell deficiency when one didn't qualify it!
Why didn't you state it until I mentioned it up????

And the heading of the article didn't qualify it. The chart in the article didn't legend it. This is the standard of indian media, and you dare post such junk article!!!!!

I, in order to support my claim for the very same purpose, posted the comparison of % of cited documents - why is the % of cited documents from India is more than that of China?

t05fut.png
on382.png

Grow more brain cells, percent of citation is no indication of less plagiarism.

Learn to read chart, you have higher citation %, that's because most of your research is done in collaboration with foreigner institutions. It cannot be taken as your own research. In other words, most of your research aren't local. So what citation % is higher?

imageC.png

Here, "citable document" in actual number, figure for "international collaboration" remains the same. Draw your own conclusion.

imageA.png

imageB.png

Last edited:
why 50% of surgeries in India end up with the person dead or their kidney being stolen

Well was it your dream you had yesterday my dear friend???? You can be hateful to india and indians you have every right to do..... But then................

So spare me your dumb rhetoric. Posting junk article is an indication of brain cell deficiency, especially when one didn't qualify it!
Why didn't you state it until I mentioned it up???? Lack of brain cells or was it an integrity issue?

And the heading of the article didn't qualify it. The chart in the article didn't legend it. This is the standard of indian media, and you dare post such junk article!!!!!

Grow more brain cells, percent of citation is no indication of less plagiarism.

Learn to read chart, you have higher citation %, that's because most of your research is done in collaboration with foreigner institutions. It cannot be taken as your own research. In other words, most of your research aren't local. So what citation % is higher?

imageC.png

Here, "citable document" in actual number, figure for "international collaboration" remains the same. Draw your own conclusion.

imageA.png

imageB.png

I have already highlighted the very same fact in my quotes - the first of the two paragraphs were all about it only - And as you are claiming this fact throughout - That I have read it all!!! I have read it all!! - Now its very stupid for you you to claim that I didn't know about it - I don't know about the article - the chart or the title but definitely - yes you are a piece of junk only - Expecting decency from you was my mistake - Post Reported - Added to ignore list - You can carry on with your pathetic rants.

I have already highlighted the very same fact in my quotes - the first of the two paragraphs were all about it only - And as you are claiming this fact throughout - That I have read it all!!! I have read it all!! - Now its very stupid for you you to claim that I didn't know about it - I don't know about the article - the chart or the title but definitely - yes you are a piece of junk only - Expecting decency from you was my mistake - Post Reported - Added to ignore list - You can carry on with your pathetic rants.

Who are you trying to fool? If you did, you wouldn't have made post no.4 about chinese plagiarism , especially after I made it clear, I'm taking issue with the journalism, not the subject of plagiarism.
That was what prompted me to post about Indian plagiarism. Forget about arguing on topic, that'll be too much to ask for, showing some integrity/honesty is far more important, that's what badly lacking in your post.

lol you should Exercise some brain cell, read it before posting - it clearly says life sciences- not the entire research output in every subject that you are referring to - and unfortunately as there are no stats available in the public domain specifically on "Life Sciences" I, in order to support my claim for the very same purpose, posted the comparison of % of cited documents - why is the % of cited documents from India is more than that of China?

t05fut.png
on382.png

Secondly I never denied IIT's are not involved in the same - as a matter of fact you linked a report in your previous post which is on cheating in the entrance exam of IIT's which has nothing to do with scientific plagiarism - we are talking about scientific Plagiarism that is "wrongful appropriation" and "purloining and publication" of research papers not of cheating in entrance examinations. This was the article you posted on the basis of which you called students and professors of IIT indulging in the same -

JEE = Joint Entrance Examination

Lol. You are delirious. You keep on posting crap from indian sources. quit while you still have one gram of dignity remaining.

Lol. You are delirious. You keep on posting crap from indian sources. quit while you still have one gram of dignity remaining.

Since when did "SCImago Journal & Country Rank" portal became an Indian Source??? Don't make a fool out of yourself please.....SCImago Journal Rank (SJR indicator) is a measure of scientific influence of scholarly journals that accounts for both the number of citations received by a journal and the importance or prestige of the journals where such citations come from.

Back
Top Bottom