What's new

Sri Lankan Infrastructure and development thread (rail,road,skyscrapers etc etc)

with one of the world's best performing stock markets,

I just looked up the market cap, its not destroyed per se, but yeah that's not good whats happening at this juncture of SL economy.

eey.png

South Asia has regained its lead as the fastest growing region in the world, supported by recovery in India according to the World Bank, but the struggle by Sri Lanka is likely to persist with below 5% improvement being forecast.

India’s 2018 growth is forecast at 7.3%, Bangladesh at 6.5% and Pakistan at 5.8%. For next year, India’s growth is tipped to be 7.5%, Bangladesh 6.7% and Pakistan 5%.

The South Asia Economic Focus (SAEF) said Sri Lanka’s economic performance is expected to be 4.8% in 2018. Sri Lanka's Central Bank Central released its Annual Report for 2017 and economic growth for 2017 was 3.1%,

CONGRATULATIONS YAHAPALANAYA! Thank you for turning Sri Lanka from one of the fastest growing economies in the world, with one of the world's best performing stock markets, into a shithole going nowhere. Our economic growth is now WORSE than it was during war time! The rupee has fallen to historic lows. The stock market has been destroyed. No new investments, no infrastructure development, no new jobs. Daily power and water cuts, filthy streets, political instability, social media bans, riots, the list just goes on and on.

Slow claps for the idiots who voted for this shit.

Pls keep political memes out of this thread. I kindly ask you to make another thread for those things.
This thread is for Infrastructure of SL not about politics and parties and as I asked in the OP this is about Sri Lanka not parties or politicians. If you can't post as a Sri Lankan in this thread without political blabbering then DON'T post here.
This is a kind request and pls read the OP first

Pls keep political memes out of this thread. I kindly ask you to make another thread for those things.
This thread is for Infrastructure of SL not about politics and parties and as I asked in the OP this is about Sri Lanka not parties or politicians. If you can't post as a Sri Lankan in this thread without political blabbering then DON'T post here.
This is a kind request and pls read the OP first

This is a thread about Sri Lankan development in an online forum. I will continue to comment and post on this thread about the so-called development going on under the current Sri Lankan regime. If you don't like that please stay out.

Only someone like you would think the lowest economic growth in 16 years and the rupee falling to the lowest level it has ever been has nothing to do with development.

Last edited:
This is a thread about Sri Lankan development in an online forum. I will continue to comment and post on this thread about the so-called development going on under the current Sri Lankan regime. If you don't like that please stay out.

Only someone like you would think the lowest economic growth in 16 years and the rupee falling to the lowest level it has ever been has nothing to do with development.

Correction -lowest growth was in 2013-2014. If you are going to be spamming nonsense at least be accurate

This thread was created by me for development about SL without politics and certainly not spamming memes in a extremely uncivil way. I clearly said in the OP that this thread is not for posting about the development under any regime but the development of Sri Lanka and will not discriminate based on politics. If you are going to post in this thread pls read the OP and follow the rules, if not please leave in a civilized way. Acts of trolling and meme spamming will not be tolerated and this is the last respectful request.
If you hate this thread why not stay away from it instead of ruining it with political memes that are wrong to begin with

Correction -lowest growth was in 2013-2014. If you are going to be spamming nonsense at least be accurate

This thread was created by me for development about SL without politics and certainly not spamming memes in a extremely uncivil way. If you are going to post in this thread pls read the OP and follow the rules, if not please leave in a civilized way. Acts of trolling and meme spamming will not be tolerated and this is the last respectful request.
If you hate this thread why not stay away from it instead of ruining it with political memes that are wrong to begin with

I said the lowest growth in 16 years as mentioned in this Sunday Times article:

Sri Lanka’s economic growth in 2017 fell to 16 year-low

Sri Lanka’s economic grew by only 3.1 per cent last year, the lowest in 16 years with the fall blamed on mostly adverse weather conditions, according to Central Bank (CB) released on Thursday.

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/article/1042630/sls-economic-growth-in-2017-fell-to-17-year-low

In case you didn't know, economic growth, the Sri Lankan currency, jobs, the stock market are as much about development as infrastructure projects. This is a discussion forum and not your private property to dictate what can and cannot be discussed. If you are unable to understand the concept of a discussion forum, please leave instead of trying to harass other members simply because you do not agree with them.

I said the lowest growth in 16 years as mentioned in this Sunday Times article:

Sri Lanka’s economic growth in 2017 fell to 16 year-low

Sri Lanka’s economic grew by only 3.1 per cent last year, the lowest in 16 years with the fall blamed on mostly adverse weather conditions, according to Central Bank (CB) released on Thursday.

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/article/1042630/sls-economic-growth-in-2017-fell-to-17-year-low

In case you didn't know, economic growth, the Sri Lankan currency, jobs, the stock market are as much about development as infrastructure projects. This is a discussion forum and not your private property to dictate what can and cannot be discussed. If you are unable to understand the concept of a discussion forum, please leave instead of trying to harass other members simply because you do not agree with them.

And? So is this a refusal to stop spamming political memes and propaganda in the infrastructure thread?
Pls do it in the political discussion thread
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/sri-lankan-political-discussions.353162/#post-6649458

I will ask the mods to pin it as a sticky thread if needed. Please but not here. Politics are not allowed in this thread and for a good reason.
Pls respect this and post as a Sri Lankan about development, there will be no discrimination on pretty things like governments and politicians. This thread is about Sri Lanka and please respect that

And? So is this a refusal to stop spamming political memes and propaganda in the infrastructure thread?
Pls do it in the political discussion thread
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/sri-lankan-political-discussions.353162/#post-6649458

I will ask the mods to pin it as a sticky thread if needed. Please but not here. Politics are not allowed in this thread and for a good reason.
Pls respect this and post as a Sri Lankan about development, there will be no discrimination on pretty things like governments and politicians. This thread is about Sri Lanka and please respect that

I will continue to post in this thread about development whether you like it or not. This will include points comments about the economy, the Sri Lankan currency, the stock market, as well as infrastructure development such as highways, airports, harbours and buildings. Do not try to dictate to others what can and cannot be discussed; this is unacceptable.

If you have a problem with me, then put me on your ignore list (like you falsely claimed your did earlier), that way you will not see my posts and the problem will be "solved" for you.

beu.png

I will continue to post in this thread about development whether you like it or not. This will include points comments about the economy, the Sri Lankan currency, the stock market, as well as infrastructure development such as highways, airports, harbours and buildings. Do not try to dictate to others what can and cannot be discussed; this is unacceptable.

If you have a problem with me, then put me on your ignore list (like you falsely claimed your did earlier), that way you will not see my posts and the problem will be "solved" for you.

beu.png

I won't ignore members in this thread and you will kindly stop spamming memes here.
You are discussing but shameless spamming various memes without respecting what this thread is for. I welcome everyone regardless of politics to this thread but please stop spamming memes here.

I expected Sri Lankans to be more civilized that this. I was patient despite you spamming political memes and FB propaganda like a brat.
I guess not all Sri Lankans see themselves as Sri Lankan before politicians.

Please remove this troll from this thread
@waz @Horus

I was pateint enough for this BS
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/sri-...scrapers-etc-etc.473858/page-11#post-10262062
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/sri-...scrapers-etc-etc.473858/page-10#post-10130601

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/sri-...scrapers-etc-etc.473858/page-10#post-10130316

I won't ignore members in this thread and you will kindly stop spamming memes here.
You are discussing but shameless spamming various memes without respecting what this thread is for. I welcome everyone regardless of politics to this thread but please stop spamming memes here.

I expected Sri Lankans to be more civilized that this. I was patient despite you spamming political memes and FB propaganda like a brat.
I guess not all Sri Lankans see themselves as Sri Lankan before politicians.

Please remove this troll from this thread
@waz @Horus

I was pateint enough for this BS
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/sri-...scrapers-etc-etc.473858/page-11#post-10262062
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/sri-...scrapers-etc-etc.473858/page-10#post-10130601

You publicly claimed that you have placed me on your ignore list. So obviously you lied. And you are now claiming that you won't ignore members in this forum.

I offered an easy way for you to fix your problem with me. Place me on your ignore list and that way you will not see any of my posts or comments.

I will continue to post on development in Sri Lanka as this is a discussion forum and not your personal property.

You have not been welcoming at all but totalitarian. You do not accept anything that offends your sensibilities or what you deem to be 'right.' You seem to believe that you can dictate to other members what they can and cannot post.

It's hilarious that you think being "Sri Lankan" means supporting the current regime in power in Sri Lanka.

@waz and @Horus this member "Godman" will not tolerate any dissenting posts and is running a campaign of harassment. He appears to believe that only he has the right to post in this thread. Development in a country is multifaceted and includes the good and the bad, but "Godman" will not accept any negative comments about the current Sri Lankan regime which is run by a political party that he supports. Talking about the economy is part and parcel of development but even though international news agencies have report on Sri Lanka's abysmal performance, "Godman" does not want this to be discussed because it will thus show his regime in poor light. This is neither democratic nor acceptable in an online discussion forum.

Last edited:
You publicly claimed that you have placed me on your ignore list. So obviously you lied. And you are now claiming that you won't ignore members in this forum.

I offered an easy way for you to fix your problem with me. Place me on your ignore list and that way you will not see any of my posts or comments.

I will continue to post on development in Sri Lanka as this is a discussion forum and not your personal property.

You have not been welcoming at all but totalitarian. You do not accept anything that offends your sensibilities or what you deem to be 'right.' You seem to believe that you can dictate to other members what they can and cannot post.

It's hilarious that you think being "Sri Lankan" means supporting the current regime in power in Sri Lanka.

@waz and @Horus this member "Godman" will not tolerate any dissenting posts and is running a campaign of harassment. He appears to believe that only he has the right to post in this thread.

Everyone is free to post about development regardless of political parties in this thread as many projects done by both Rajapaksa and current govts have been posted. You are free to post about such developments as well yet you instead went low and started spamming FB memes. I won't ignore anyone in this thread because this thread is not about politics and I expected you will not fall to your usual behavior of spamming FB memes from your little FB page yet you disappointed by spamming and trolling in this thread.

You have no right to troll and spam FB memes here just because you hate one government. Other people also post here and so far none has tried to turn this into a Flamewar or tried to ruin this thread with trolling and meme spamming. Calling me authoritarian for not tolerating your shameless trolling is easy but anyone can see your behaviour.
I politely and kindly asked you to cease spamming FB memes. Is that a hard thing to do? I even asked you to do that in the politics thread and even then you insists on spamming them in this thread

I am extremely saddened by this attitude and I was forced to report you

Everyone is free to post about development regardless of political parties in this thread as many projects done by both Rajapaksa and current govts have been posted. You are free to post about such developments as well yet you instead went low and started spamming FB memes. I won't ignore anyone in this thread because this thread is not about politics and I expected you will not fall to your usual behavior of spamming FB memes from your little FB page yet you disappointed by spamming and trolling in this thread.

You have no right to troll and spam FB memes here just because you hate one government. Other people also post here and so far none has tried to turn this into a Flamewar or tried to ruin this thread with trolling and meme spamming. Calling me authoritarian for not tolerating your shameless trolling is easy but anyone can see your behaviour.
I politely and kindly asked you to cease spamming FB memes. Is that a hard thing to do? I even asked you to do that in the politics thread and even then you insists on spamming them in this thread

I am extremely saddened by this attitude and I was forced to report you

I am glad you accept the right for EVERYONE to post about development. And that is what I will do and continue to do whether you like it or not. I will not be dictated to about what I can and cannot post, especially by a totalitarian individual like yourself who appears to believe that you own this place.

You are simply upset that the current Sri Lankan regime was shown in bad light, despite the fact that economic growth is part and parcel of a country's development. This is unacceptable. You want to control the narrative and show that "everything is perfect" in Sri Lanka when that is certainly not the case. International news agencies as well as the Sri Lankan media have shown that economic growth in the country is the lowest it has been for more than a decade. Sri Lanka is in a mess.

I don't own any facebook groups, but if there is any news or articles about Sri Lankan development I will post them here whether you like them or not.

You are the one turning this thread into a flamewar, because of the fact that you cannot accept another point of view. You want all Sri Lankans to praise and glorify the current regime and when this does not happen you lose your mind.

I have given you an easy solution: place me on your ignore list. That way you will not see any of my posts and it will not be an issue for you.

I will continue to respond because I will not be intimated and harassed by you.

I have been a member of this forum for a far longer period than you. Please do not dictate to me about what I can and cannot post.

I am glad you accept the right for EVERYONE to post about development. And that is what I will do and continue to do whether you like it or not. I will not be dictated to about what I can and cannot post, especially by a totalitarian individual like yourself who appears to believe that you own this place.

You are simply upset that the current Sri Lankan regime was shown in bad light, despite the fact that economic growth is part and parcel of a country's development. This is unacceptable. You want to control the narrative and show that "everything is perfect" in Sri Lanka when that is certainly not the case. International news agencies as well as the Sri Lankan media have shown that economic growth in the country is the lowest it has been for more than a decade. Sri Lanka is in a mess.

I don't own any facebook groups, but if there is any news or articles about Sri Lankan development I will post them here whether you like them or not.

You are the one turning this thread into a flamewar, because of the fact that you cannot accept another point of view. You want all Sri Lankans to praise and glorify the current regime and when this does not happen you lose your mind.

I have given you an easy solution: place me on your ignore list. That way you will not see any of my posts and it will not be an issue for you.

I will continue to respond because I will not be intimated and harassed by you.

I have been a member of this forum for a far longer period than you. Please do not dictate to me about what I can and cannot post.
I clearly stated that I do not support this government any longer in the LG elections thread. Attack the current as much as you want because they completely deserve it and also needs to be kicked out of power.
I want to keep this thread relevant and constructive with no stupid FB memes being spammed

But PLEASE not in this thread, specially not FB memes.

I clearly stated that I do not support this government any longer in the LG elections thread. Attack the current as much as you want because they completely deserve it and also needs to be kicked out of power.
I want to keep this thread relevant and constructive with no stupid FB memes being spammed

But PLEASE not in this thread, specially not FB memes.

It's pretty obvious that any criticism of the current Sri Lankan regime leaves you angry and vengeful. Just look at your behaviour here. You could have just carried on without making it an issue but you chose to write post after post attacking me, reporting me to moderators and behaving in a childish fashion.... all because the regime you support was critiqued with regards to its management of the economy.

This is unacceptable.

I will continue to post about Sri Lankan development whether you like it or not.

I am not here to kow tow to you, sorry.

It's pretty obvious that any criticism of the current Sri Lankan regime leaves you angry and vengeful. Just look at your behaviour here. You could have just carried on without making it an issue but you chose to write post after post attacking me, reporting me to moderators and behaving in a childish fashion.... all because the regime you support was critiqued with regards to its management of the economy.

This is unacceptable.

I will continue to post about Sri Lankan development whether you like it or not.

I am not here to kow tow to you, sorry.

I will not tolerate any form of trolling or meme spamming here regardless of political affiliation. I will not allow memes that glorify the current govt and attack any politicians now or attack the future government when Gota becomes president in 2020. This thread is about Sri Lanka for god's sake, why is to so hard for you to stop spamming and trolling?

Yes you are free to post about Sri Lankan development and if you like you can entirely concentrate on projects started by the former government but please do not spam FB memes

I will not tolerate any form of trolling or meme spamming here regardless of political affiliation. I will not allow memes that glorify the current govt and attack any politicians now or attack the future government when Gota becomes president in 2020. The same rules will go on.

Yes you are free to post about Sri Lankan development and if you like you can entirely concentrate on projects started by the former government but please do not spam FB memes

I will continue to post here whether you like it or not. You do not own this forum and I have been a member and contributor here for a far longer period than you.

You are not in a position to "allow" or "disallow" anything. You are another member, that is all.

Your behaviour here has been appalling.

Back
Top Bottom