What's new

Sri Lanka’s Growth to Beat India's Growth

I'm happy with current economic development, I heard that government is going to change my city with some mega projects too!
Government should pay more attention to change our ugly look/old fashioned railway system.

Well done ! SL is right on the road to prosperity unlike some of our other neighbors !

Well done SL, hope this opens up more opportunities for trade and investment flows with its only neighbor :) SL has done well on many other social indicators too.

Congos SL, It is time to rise. Emergence of SL also proves that this century belongs to us (Asians). :)

I'm happy with current economic development, I heard that government is going to change my city with some mega projects too!
Government should pay more attention to change our ugly look/old fashioned railway system.

How about a high speed rail network. May be your Chinese friends can fund this.

thats only race i like to see in S.asia the race of economy good job SL.

How about a high speed rail network. May be your Chinese friends can fund this.

Ops, I didn't notice about this news, government has already planned new network. :blink:

SL Looking At Electric Trains By 2013

The Sri Lanka Railway Department has said that work is to commence on setting up the railway line between Veyangoda and Kalutara South to enable the operation of electric trains in the country by 2013.
Sri Lanka Railways Department officials have told the media that it hoped to commence operations of the first electric train by 2013, once the railway line is completed.
Constriction work on the railway line is to commence shortly since the feasibility study has been completed and the necessary measurements being taken for the purpose.
The electric trains are to be operated by 15 engines imported from China

Electric_Trains_for_Sri_Lanka_Initial_Run_between_Veyangoda_and_Kalutara.jpg

SL Looking At Electric Trains By 2013 | The Sunday Leader

This is based on forecasts, but i wish the best to SL. Keep up the good work.

Ops, I didn't notice about this news, government has already planned new network. :blink:

SL Looking At Electric Trains By 2013

The Sri Lanka Railway Department has said that work is to commence on setting up the railway line between Veyangoda and Kalutara South to enable the operation of electric trains in the country by 2013.
Sri Lanka Railways Department officials have told the media that it hoped to commence operations of the first electric train by 2013, once the railway line is completed.
Constriction work on the railway line is to commence shortly since the feasibility study has been completed and the necessary measurements being taken for the purpose.
The electric trains are to be operated by 15 engines imported from China

Electric_Trains_for_Sri_Lanka_Initial_Run_between_Veyangoda_and_Kalutara.jpg

SL Looking At Electric Trains By 2013 | The Sunday Leader

Nice!!! but it looks more like a tram than train.

Sri Lanka is soo small, even if say Samsung or Toyota makes a massive factory in Sri Lanka, they will make 3-4% economic growth easily.

Nice!!! but it looks more like a tram than train.

humm There will be mono rail system, with the help of Korean company. ;)

Korea to develop mono rail system in Sri Lanka
A leading Korean bluechip company is to invest in Sri Lanka on developing several railway lines in Greater Colombo. This railway system is known as Mono Rail Transport (MRT). The US $ 500 million project will commence work in two stages.The first stage includes construction of a railway line from Colombo Fort to Mount Lavinia.

The second phase will include construction of a railway line connecting Colpetty and Battaramulla via Rajagiriya.

The project initiated by the BOI is a result of the visit of Transport Minister Kumara Welgama to Korea recently, BOI Japan and Korea Country Manager Keerthi Jayawardena said.

He said this is a landmark in Sri Lanka, South Korea co-operation.

The principal investor, Garam Space Ltd President Kin Jong-ik arrived in Sri Lanka yesterday with a delegation of 15 members to commence discussions with the Sri Lankan Government.

Improving the transport system in the country was a long felt need. Therefore the Government has decided to introduce an Urban Monorail Development Project on the Korea Urban Mono Rail system Technology, he said.

Operating a mono rail transport system (MRT) is safe, economical, comfortable and environment friendly, Jayawardena said.

Garam Space Ltd is a consortium representing Garam Space Research Institute, Korean Rail Research Institute, Busan Transport Corporation and SKCC.

The delegation will submit a feasibility study report to the Sri Lankan Government and have further negotiations with the transport and railway authorities and BOI officials on the implementation of this mono rail service in greater Colombo.

The total investment will be borne by South Korea
Sri Lanka BUSINESS:: Korea to develop mono rail system in Sri Lanka

Back
Top Bottom