What's new

Sri Lanka Govt: Indian devolution model cannot be replicated in Sri Lanka

After Mullaperiyar.......... Be Roman in Rome..............it will be good for Tamilians in Sri Lanka

What a dumb opinion!! In India, if u know English that will be enough..coz English is one of our official languages.Fortunately we didnot have politicians as stupid as urs are..They predicted the problems a multi lingual country will face(and as Srilanka faces today). To allay fear of minority language speakers, they introduced a language which would not be common to both minority and majority language speakers.So a Hindi speaking person need to know just english and Tamil speaking person needs to english(which btw is taught in every state)..so my question still stands..how does a Tamil and Sinhalese who dont know the opposite language speak to each other? I hope u have better solution than sign language!! It will be very funny to watch Sinhalese and Tamil officials doing their daily business in Sign language!!

To ur point that Tamil military officers are not taken because of Security reasons, i must say i am just astounded !!!

Security for whom and to whom??? Nice way to show ur prejudices towards Tamils and u have temerity to say that All are equal in Srilanka..

btw, I too agree fortunately for us, u were not born in India !!:wave:

You are taking about the English, I don't think 100% Indians know English.

As I said before majority of Sri Lankans can understand Sinhala, at least basic Sinhala. There is a few percentage who only know Tamil, specially elders. That's an issue at the moment, but it won't last for years.

There are Tamil military officers, what I have said is percentage is low. There were many reasons, LTTE didn't allow them, they started killing their families, even the Tamil opposition politicians are fear to use Tamil officers. We lost over 60 Tamils within 2-3 months once.

Back
Top Bottom