What's new

Sri Lanka announces new IPL-style league

Just one piece of advice: Do not give in to BCCI pressure.......keep stalling them for as long as you can. They have got one hack of a monoplistic attitude
Also SL'll have to look for some serious long term funding

Just one piece of advice: Do not give in to BCCI pressure.......keep stalling them for as long as you can. They have got one hack of a monoplistic attitude
Also SL'll have to look for some serious long term funding
Dude, why are we against our own spremacy in this field. will the US leave the high chair in the INTERNATIONAL POLICY MAKING because its people wish so or will the American public themself want thier nation to bow out to others.
we INDIANs are of a different breed, we make sure the rival gets a superior chance of survial than a fair chance.

Good stuff.... in fact Premier leagues should be formed for every sport. This enables new talent to come up rather than rubbing the same old face for decades.

I hope football, hockey and kabaddi also get promoted to the same level.

actually confrontation depends on what SPL intends to do. Either they want it to be a commercial success in the scale of IPL which i highly doubt or they want a platform where local talent can perform . In latter case BCCI would have no problems

actually confrontation depends on what SPL intends to do. Either they want it to be a commercial success in the scale of IPL which i highly doubt or they want a platform where local talent can perform . In latter case BCCI would have no problems

Well i heard somewhere that standards of BD cricket improved and new talents discovered after BPL. I wish the same for SL with SLPL.

Dude, why are we against our own spremacy in this field. will the US leave the high chair in the INTERNATIONAL POLICY MAKING because its people wish so or will the American public themself want thier nation to bow out to others.
we INDIANs are of a different breed, we make sure the rival gets a superior chance of survial than a fair chance.
I was only saying that BCCI wields too much power......More power than what should be in a single entity's hands...
Being brought up ,being taught ideals of power sharing and democracy I feel power in the hands of one person would be harmful...
however from a less idealistic and more practical point of view you are right; BCCI should strive to maintain it's edge

We have cricket section on PDF right?

On topic: I do not think this will be a success event, Sri Lankans are not die hard fans of cricket. Than watching a cricket match they go to the ground for just enjoy them self singing and dancing than watching the match. Even if someone asked about the score of some player had scored or wickets some player had taken most of those Sri Lankan fans will not know.

I'd love it if they named one team the Jaffna Tigers.:P

lol, ethnic doesn't matter, Sri Lankans are only lions!
Northern team is actually named as "Uthura Oryxes", Daniel vettori will lead it.

slpl%2Bcopy.jpg

uthura.jpg

This is my team... Kumar Sangakkara will lead it. Our home is located closer to Sanga's area too. ;)

Kandurata-Kites.jpg

Teams of Sri Lanka Premier league (SLPL):
Basnahira XI (Western Zone): TM Dilshan
Wayamba XI (North Western Zone): Mahela Jayawardane
Ruhunu XI (Southern Zone): Sanath Jayasooriya
Kandurata XI (Central Zone): K Sangakkara
Uva XI (Uva Zone): Chaminda Vaas
Uthura Xi (Nothern Zone): Daniel Vettori
Nehenahira XI (Eastern Zone): Sahid Afridi

Isn't there enough Cricket already. There are like separate channels for it now.

What is Captain Ranatunga doing, who expressed sorry about IPL destroying Indian cricket?
I would like to hear from him on this.

Back
Top Bottom