What's new

Specifications of Agni 6- Speculated

Cannisterised+Missiles.jpg

Hello friends, these are the specifications(speculated) of A 6 missile.

Agni 6 (land Version)
Possible Specification 1

Height -18.5 Meters

Diameter- 2.0 Meters

Weight - 48 to 50 Tons

Range - 6000 KM

Possible Specification 2

Height -17.5 Meters

Diameter- 2.1 Meters

Weight - 48 to 50 Tons

Range - 6000 KM

Note> A 6 (land Version) will be slightly bigger than A 5 as it will have MIRV and bigger more powerful motors. Even then it will not be much bigger than A 5 as a new much more powerful propellant will be used, which will enable DRDO to achieve 6000 KM range with MIRV while not exceeding Mark of 50 tons.

I am sure about this as BM weighing more than 50 tons cant be launched from truck mounted canister( source> P.K Sengupata)

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rc...9oGwCA&usg=AFQjCNE8bmoSLUFI0OpEneQRXfIHl5TA9Q

Agni 6 (SLBM)

Possible Specification

Height > 14 Meters

Diameter> 2 Meters

Weight > 35 Tons

Range - 6000 KM

Note 2> wiki says Agni 6's height is 40 Meters and Diameter is 1.1 Meter.

However one PDF member has suggested that journo quoting this figures must be Bengali and Bengali people have problem with pronouncing "pas" and "phass".

Hence, He concluded that Real figures must be 14 meters and 2.1 Meters.

According to me this is specification of A 6 SLBM

Note 3> The OP is entirely based on my analysis and little help from the concerned PDF Member and P.K Sengupta.

I thank them both.

Rejected SLBM Cannt be more than 10M. Rationale being our Subs have Radius of 10.1m (Chakra)

Type 65 Or type 53 Torpedo have max length of 9.2m

Longitudinally torpedo rooms are no longer than 16 m in Disel sub where 9 metes is occupied by ejection tube systems

Rejected SLBM Cannt be more than 10M. Rationale being our Subs have Radius of 10.1m (Chakra)

Longitudinally torpedo rooms are no longer than 16 m in Disel sub where 9 metes is occupied by ejection tube systems

But 4th and 5th SSBNs will be much bigger- at least 8,000 tons in weight

Thus, they can house 14 meter tall A 6

No SLBM having range more than 6,000 KM is shorter than 12 M.

Arihant has a beam of 15 metres and draft of 10 metres .

So it will not be a problem to launch missile within 10 to 15 metres in height .

Last edited by a moderator:
According to PK Sengupta S 5 SSBN will carry 12 6,500 KM SLBMs

So probably both Agni 6 LV and SLBM will have range of 6,500 KM
In a related development, the DRDO’s Kochi-based Naval Physical & Oceanographic Laboratory (NPOL) has released the first definitive illustration of the next-generation S-5 SSBN, which externally bears a close resemblance to the Project 667BDRM Delta IV SSBN. The illustration, carried on a brochure of the NPOL-developed submarine sonar suite (SSS I-12), which is still under development for the S-5, which will carry twelve 6,500km-range SLBMs. Thus far, India’s MoD has sanctioned the fabrication of only three SSBNs: S-2 (Arihant), S-3 and S-4. Financial sanction for fabricating the S-5’s hull has yet to be obtained. The double-hulled Project 667BDRM Delta IV SSBN has an operational diving depth of 320 metres and a maximum depth of 400 metres. The propulsion system allows speeds of 24 Knots (44kph) submerged while using two VM-4 pressurised water reactors rated at 180mW that drive two GT3A-365 turbines each rated at 27.5mW.

S-5-1.jpg

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rc..._iNTe3batpkkxWet3wRTg&bvm=bv.1355325884,d.bmk

The wiki report that states an Indian SLBM to be of length 40m is a report written by a non-technical person....... a person with atleast some technical know how in this matter will know this is not possible.

I say just fire a GSLV strap-on booster from a sub with modified/added guidance systems.........will be able to deliver 1000kg to more than 6000km away, i'm sure abt it.

I say just fire a GSLV strap-on booster from a sub with modified/added guidance systems.........will be able to deliver 1000kg to more than 6000km away, i'm sure abt it.

R u crazy to fire a missile with trap on boosters from submarine?

R u crazy to fire a missile with trap on boosters from submarine?

:lol:

U got me wrong........my idea is to fire a single strap-on booster of GSLV as a missile.......my main aim was to prove that India has the necessary technology to immediately build a credible SLBM.

Back
Top Bottom