What's new

South Korea's fertility rate falls to lowest in the world

I read before that Japan once considered taxing those without any child. This is to internalize the cost of not having a child. After all from a tax perspective, families with kids (future taxpayers/workforce) are supporting those without any kids in their old age.
But of course it's just an idea which is unlikely to pass in a electoral democracy.

I wonder if China could pull it off.

Lol if you think East Asia is going to allow large scale migration from South Asia with very different skin colour and culture. They would rather shrink to irrelevance and let the economy tank.
Most likely the government will takeover the job of increasing population by themselves like running a boarding school which kids are born by surrogate mother and train up school manner.

Most likely the government will takeover the job of increasing population by themselves like running a boarding school which kids are born by surrogate mother and train up school manner.
Great. Korea will soon become Kamino.

The tax idea is alike to apply a man-made bandage on something caused by another man-made bandage, instead of letting the nature taking her course.

Letting nature take her course means that one day East Asians will shrink to irrelevance while Africans proliferate humankind.

Letting nature take her course means that one day East Asians will shrink to irrelevance while Africans proliferate humankind.
Don't underestimate the capability of East Asians in procreation. China has the largest population for a reason.

Great. Korea will soon become Kamino.
Advance countries need to accept the reality that successful scientist or engineer has not time for families or other things. They need to be 100% devote to create world beating items.

Even when basically all East Asian societies make up the bottom in TFR rankings?
Yep. Low fertility rate has a reason. People simply don't want to face that reason, because that reason reveals the cruel fact about human existence on this planet: we age and we die. They are trying hard to create some heavenly society and masking out many unpleasant realities, such as aging and dying. They scratch their heads wondering why there are always some unintended consequences in such a society.

Lol if you think East Asia is going to allow large scale migration from South Asia with very different skin colour and culture. They would rather shrink to irrelevance and let the economy tank

If SK want to collapse under burden of pensions and less people fit for work. They are welcome to do so. I was just stating the obvious alternative "solution". Canad is also doing same thing.

This is a real high IQ idea - the government should make babies and raise them.
You should follow Xi as the next ruler of China.

This is a real high IQ idea - the government should make babies and raise them.
You should follow Xi as the next ruler of China.
Better than letting idiot ruin another child.

I think those children will be happier living in boarding school than with some parents.

Better than letting idiot ruin another child.

I think those children will be happier living in boarding school than with some parents.

like I said before really high IQ ideas almost on par with Xi thoughts. :china:

Not a single American state propaganda mouthpiece or American shill:
Capitalism has failed! Democracy with American characteristics has failed! West has failed! South Korea on the verge of collapse! The government doesnt care about its people! Korean Democratic Party is incompetent and dumb!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom