What's new

South Korean Show Highlights KF-X Fighter Project

80 only Indonesia needs lot more than just 80 and I hope you manage to develop this jet as soon as possible
Zarvan Bhai thanks for posting the thread in appropriate place, i.e world military category. Keep it up.

80 only Indonesia needs lot more than just 80 and I hope you manage to develop this jet as soon as possible

80 for this present time buddy, we dont know yet how many that we will actually have if the project is success. With the situation currently exist in the region, I bet 80 is not enough. But despite that, this program has been set up to grow, so the number of 80 is for the first version of the fighter, there will be another version according to the plan.

Currently with N-219 development we will get the chance to gradually add our production facility in PT Dirgantara, which mean more people that we can produce to work in aviation sector. And if R-80 passenger aircraft is also a successful program, PT Dirgantara can be possibly huge and also many high tech industries in aerospace sector can grow much (I hope). For your information, Today we are trying to build fuselage material for N-219 from our aluminium company (Inalum-state owned) which is the biggest aluminium producer in South East Asia (and maybe the only one).

So we hope when KFX is ready for production stage, our industry is also ready to support the fighter production, and use this project to make Indonesia capable of producing many high tech product in the aerospace sector.

First thing first, i love the design of KAI KFX... Its pretty awesome looking bird...
Second thing is SK will be step by step discouraged by USA who like the other 5th Gen bird developers like China, Russia would like 5th Gen market to select few allies customers only. On top they wont want the countries running the 5th Gen programs by themselves like Sk, India or even Turkey to develop in house all the high end tech. Of course from their perspective of maintaining supremacy they are are correct and on top the kind of investment firms of USA have made on 5th gen programs makes it amply clear that they would love this tech to be sold more off the shelf to drive revenues but would never like to share the actual tech and cite congress approval needed as a reason.

As @Indos rightly pointed out 4 crictial tech which were previously thought of being accessible via F35 program are now not available and are getting developed in house which may see some success but will need sustained time and investment. This is where by pressing for more F35 purchases of F15 sales, the aim is to dry up that free cash and also push the decision makers to believe adequate assets are available for next 35 years then why the KFX program.... Although i doubt Sk or Indonesia will give it up entirely but i do feel some changes in timeline will be visible soon ( a longer timeline)

One issue which i am sure will come forward is SK will on USA pressure or may select GE to keep US businesses happy. (the statement is actually 2 so i had used both will and may). But efficacy of GE404 and GE414 to power a 5th gen bird and norms under which 5th gen engines are defined seems a bit too much for both these engines to meet
For Indonesia EJ200 is a good option but again changing the powerplant means additional cost to longer testing in protos before ascertaining EJ200 meeting your nations defined requirements. Again EJ200 has to be modified to meet 5th gen requirements perhaps a customised edition. Which will means funding that.. and end user post Indonesia may be Euro Typhoons future replacement or a potential close to 5th Gen EF.. So gain is again Europeans.

One good advantage Indonesia has is its closeness of def ties with Russia. I wont be surprised if Russia can be persuaded to counter the GE/EF offers and in future Indonesia may get access to I30 5th gen engine too... But then potentially Russia can say buy PAKFA from us only why develop and participate in KFX program.(i mean from business sense)...

IF we look and see how such a program like KFX is finding challenging propositions Bro @knight11 you can only imagine how much our roads to AMCA would be filled with difficulties. On top they have started walking and we are not yet (implying no sanction officially and release of funds).. Our program will take even longer timelines.. A good way would be perhaps a mutual understanding and exchange of some information between India, SK, Indonesia for development of their individual projects..Perhaps we could end up supplying each other some part tech which can reduce cost and time for respective KFX and AMCA project.. Afterall the idea is a true MIC which all of the 3 wants to develop. We could help each other and gain if we cooperate... (upto govts if they view sharing as threat or perhaps see it as an opportunity)

I didnt expect of S.Korea to struggle with an AESA radar. Me thinks they are capable of building it easely but dont want to waste many years and money on it. So they tried to milk the F-35 deal out. Either way good luck to our buddies Indonesia and S.Korea. :)

I didnt expect of S.Korea to struggle with an AESA radar. Me thinks they are capable of building it easely but dont want to waste many years and money on it. So they tried to milk the F-35 deal out. Either way good luck to our buddies Indonesia and S.Korea. :)

the radar is in the deal with Lockheed Martin when they are joining the development that is why we never thought of making it ourselves as murica says they'll transfer the tech. now they say that they can't offer the tech for whatever reason they have. surprise much? crap like this is so typical murican. also, we bought the Russian Su-35 rather than the murican F-16V.

Back
Top Bottom