What's new

South Korea presents K1A2 main battle tank MBT at ADEX 2017

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
South Korean Army presents latest version of its K1 Main Battle Tank (MBT), the K1A2 at ADEX 2017, the Seoul International Aerospace & Defense Exhibition. The K1A2 is an advanced version of the K1A1 designed and manufactured by the South Korean Defense Company Hyundai Rotem.

South_Korea_army_presents_K1A2_main_battle_tank_MBT_at_ADEX_2017_Seoul_South_Korea_defense_exhibition_925_001.jpg

South Korean Army K1A2 main battle tank at ADEX 2017, the Seoul International Aerospace & Defense Exhibition (October 2017)

The first prototype of the K1 MBT was competed in 1983, production of the K-1 began in in 1984 and first production vehicles were completed in 1985. The first production batch of 210 vehicles was completed in 1987 with the second batch consisting of 325 vehicles.

In 1996, the now ROTEM completed two prototypes of the K1A1 MBT based on the proven mobility and fire-control system of the earlier M1 MBT. One of the most important new feature of the K1A1 is the installation of a 120 mm M256 smoothbore gun instead of the 105 mm M68A1 rifled gun of the earlier K1.

In 2007, the South Korean army has started the development program to upgrade K1 and K1A1 tanks to improve communication and fire control systems based on the experience of the K2 Black Panther , the latest generation of MBT in service with the South Korean Army. Hyundai Rotem has delivered the first version of the K1A2 in 2014. It is expected that all K1A1 Main Battle Tanks will be upgraded to the K1A2 standard by 2026.

For further details read the link given below

https://armyrecognition.com/adex_20...s_k1a2_main_battle_tank_mbt_at_adex_2017.html

I wish AK-II was based on K-2 Black Panther MBT.

that may have Chinese influence
Not Chinese but Turkish influence would be on AK II in fact I am sure it would be quite similar to the work Turkey has done on its Tanks. Now as for K2 Black Panther if Pakistan is interested in Altay but has issue with weight of Altay this Tank is sure alternate

Not Chinese but Turkish influence would be on AK II in fact I am sure it would be quite similar to the work Turkey has done on its Tanks. Now as for K2 Black Panther if Pakistan is interested in Altay but has issue with weight of Altay this Tank is sure alternate

Main features like, gun would be 125mm not 120mm, weight would be in 50 tonne range not 60+ T and lastly the hull design would remain similar to AK, i doubt the hull would be Altay influenced.

Main features like, gun would be 125mm not 120mm, weight would be in 50 tonne range not 60+ T and lastly the hull design would remain similar to AK, i doubt the hull would be Altay influenced.
Not Altay but Turkey will help us design it. The Turret could be the one which was displayed by a Turkish company during IDEAS 2016

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom