What's new

South China Sea Forum

China should speed up various constructions according to the plans. Maybe we should add laser guns on each reef to burn the radars or other parts of intruding US ships. Future clash or even fights around the reefs might not be avoidable.

We don't need to win the war because there is and will be no direct war between China and US.Building some architectrue won 't change anything,you still need some ships to surround and knock them down.This is just an exuse.

On the build up of ships and other assets, there are members who are more knowledgeable to respond.

@cirr @cnleio @Martian2

Next time, US should come back with some big fishing ships sailing aroud CNese isls :)

:P

Had posted this in the jokes section, but now it seems apt here :D

pivot-to-asia-jpg.267467

It's not nice that someone pass your territory sea freely and without your permission.If that is nice and fine,then that is equal to say there isn't a territory sea belong to China,Which is exactly the point of USA.

I think, the point being made is that the rule of 12 NM does not apply to man made reefs. I may be wrong, but, I think that's the point.

Had posted this in the jokes section, but now it seems apt here :D

pivot-to-asia-jpg.267467

I think, the point being made is that the rule of 12 NM does not apply to man made reefs. I may be wrong, but, I think that's the point.
We have just enlarged those islands.12NM territory sea is exactly our point.

It does not.

Of your little world. :P
Not at all. All Asia want the SCS to be free of China's control. We are there to guarantee it. China will not have the SCS.

Point of the rest of the world, is Chinese controlled these islands and they r building more lands, USS just walk around and not stop China builindg in SCS.

There'r two things the all world can see right now:
1. U.S not stop Russia bombing in Syria
2. U.S not stop China building in SCS

Just walk/fly around ... near it.:coffee: If U.S can't stop above, Russia/China will achieve our purposes.
China can control the islands but that is the end of it. The 12 nm territorial limit do not apply.

China can control the islands but that is the end of it. The 12 nm territorial limit do not apply.
No ... the end depends on how long USS stay there or how often USS patrolling there, not like last time only once B-52 flying close to the ADIZ is useless. Again like u said, China will continue building artificial islands.

No ... the end depends on how long USS stay there or how often USS patrolling there, not like last time only once B-52 flying close to the ADIZ is useless. Again like u said, China will continue building artificial islands.
So what you are saying is that if the USN is not there, then China will bully other countries into submission, forcing them to go around the 12 nm limit per island. But if the USN is there, China will do nothing.

Got it...Now we know what China will and will not do...:lol:

So what you are saying is that if the USN is not there, then China will bully other countries into submission, forcing them to go around the 12 nm limit per island. But if the USN is there, China will do nothing.

Got it...Now we know what China will and will not do...:lol:
HEHE ... such question should ask Vietnam, China dosen't do nothing PLAN ships near the Lassen, do u know how long USN will stay there in SCS ?

As I said before, the US not doing any military activities is the defacto recognition of Chinese sovereignty. As transit is allowed under international law. If the US started to fire a missile, even if at nothing, or a few rounds, then it be a different story. That didn't take place.

The different is China is not disputing the sovereignty of Aleutian Island. While the Sea in SCS is disputed. Also, the Chinese transit thru Aleutian strait through Innocent Passage, while the US transit thru planned bearing.

Under International Law of the Sea, Innocent Passage would be granted if a country transit thru another country territorial water given the bearing is for a simple transfer. For example. If one want to pass thru Panama Canal (Which is international water DOES NOT belong to Panama, as it was neutralized international waterway), one have to pass thru Panama Territorial water to be able to access the canal, thus an innocent bearing is granted.

International Waterway works in 3 levels.

Strait - Such as Aleutian/Bearing Strait
Canal - Such as Suez Canal and Panama Canal
Rivers - Some River also designated International waterway

International Waterways legal definition of International Waterways

What Chinese did in Aleutian is completely different than what the US ship did in SCS, the Chinese have the international right to access the Aleutian strait, which mean even if they are to enter US territorial water without notified and granted permission of the American, as long as they are to transit from Aleutian to the other end and enter Russia Water, US cannot do anything to them, if US fire on Chinese ship entering Aleutian Water under innocent passage, US would have committed war crime.

On the other hand, there are no restriction on SCS as they are not Canal nor Strait that was internationalized waterway, the claim, is that they are sole territorial water of China, but by allowing the US ship to transit under constant bearing, the Chinese could be seen as relief on duty of care to their alleged border. That is not the same as entering someone else water for innocent passage to the canal or strait. It was a challenge to disputed territories.

Back
Top Bottom