What's new

South China Sea Forum

I heard some of those guys saying that Guangdong and Guangxi belongs to them as well. :rofl:

You are Nan Yue Guo people, you have lost your identity, you are ruled by Hans. You can fight with Hans and regain independence of Nan Yue State.:coffee:

You are avoiding my question, you said you vietcongs beat us many times. So why can't you beat us and grab the islands now? The answer is obvious and you are ashamed to admit it cause it will contradict your perception of VN beating China many times.

I'm surprised they haven't said they have defeated China many times so China has been part of their empire. We should have been colonized by those viets according to their delusions.

at the end of invasion of Chinese, your ancestors ran away, forget It ? let Mongolian and Mancus rule you, it was enough.

You are Nan Yue Guo people, you have lost your identity, you are ruled by Hans. You can fight with Hans and regain independence of Nan Yue State.:coffee:

We are Han. :lol: DNA tests show that both North and South Chinese share the same DNA.

In any case, I am a Hong Kong Cantonese of Hakka descent. Which means my ancestors came from the North China plains, the heartland of Chinese civilization.

Only 7 million Chinese people in my small city alone, have double the GDP of the entire country of Vietnam which has 100 million people. We are as different as night and day.

And forget about Guangdong. Guangdong province alone, has an annual output of $1 trillion, more than most countries.

No country in the world recognises the Paracel islands belong to China. So pirates from China: pls pack your stuffs and leave the islands!

Ancient documents prove Vietnam's control over Paracel Islands

ancient-documents-prove-vietnams-control-over-paracel-islands-photo-0.jpg

An instruction issued by a general of the Tay Son Dynasty dated February 14, 1786, instructed the Hoang Sa flotilla to send four boats to Hoang Sa to carry gold, silver, bronze and seafood products to the capital.

ancient-documents-prove-vietnams-control-over-paracel-islands-photo-1.jpg

A document discovered in My Loi village, Phu Loc district in the central province of Thua Thien-Hue with contents of a lawsuit between My Toan and An Bang wards over the dispute of a broken ship of the Hoang Sa flotilla which drifted into the shore. According to this document, the Hoang Sa flotilla operated in 1760, under the reign of King Le Hien Tong. This flotilla was responsible to manage and explore specialties from Hoang Sa Archipelago. The document was in Chinese scripts, on day do (do paper).

ancient-documents-prove-vietnams-control-over-paracel-islands-photo-2.jpg

A four-page document preserved by the Dang family on Ly Son Island of the central province of Quang Ngai, which noted that on April 15, 1834, Quang Ngai officials sent three ships to guard Hoang Sa Archipelago. Researchers said that this document contains valuable information, including the names and the hometown of each soldier.

ancient-documents-prove-vietnams-control-over-paracel-islands-photo-3.jpg

A wood-block of the Nguyen Dynasty, in the Dai Nam Thuc Luc Chinh Bien De Nhi Ky historical book, 1836, noted that Hoang Sa was part of Vietnam's territory.

ancient-documents-prove-vietnams-control-over-paracel-islands-photo-4.jpg

One of the reports of Da Nang authorities dated June 26, 1830, sent to the court said that Vietnamese soldiers on Hoang Sa archipelago rescued a French cargo ship in Hoang Sa waters.

ancient-documents-prove-vietnams-control-over-paracel-islands-photo-5.jpg

A report to King Minh Mang dated July 13, 1837 about a trip to Hoang Sa of the Hoang Sa flotilla.

ancient-documents-prove-vietnams-control-over-paracel-islands-photo-6.jpg

Another report dated June 21, 1838, to the King about the exploration and mapping of Hoang Sa Archipelago.

ancient-documents-prove-vietnams-control-over-paracel-islands-photo-8.jpg

A document with King Bao Dai's approval dated February 3, 1939, on Vietnam's management over and sending troops to Hoang Sa.

No country in the world recognises the Paracel islands belong to China. So pirates from China: pls pack your stuffs and leave the islands!

What country in the world said that the Paracel islands belong to Vietnam?

We are Han. :lol: DNA tests show that both North and South Chinese share the same DNA.

In any case, I am a Hong Kong Cantonese of Hakka descent. Which means my ancestors came from the North China plains, the heartland of Chinese civilization.

Only 7 million Chinese people in my small city alone, have double the GDP of the entire country of Vietnam which has 100 million people. We are as different as night and day.

And forget about Guangdong. Guangdong province alone, has an annual output of $1 trillion, more than most countries.

DNA don't say nothing about this matter, most of USA citizens can share same DNA with people in Europe Continent. Cantonese (Nan Yue ren) or Pandi people and you Hakka (guest people) not Hans. Nan Yue was lost. You have lost your original identity, it's truth. You are ruled by Hans, GDP don't say nothing when you are slaves of Hans now.

DNA don't say nothing about this matter, most of USA citizens can share same DNA with people in Europe Continent. Cantonese (Nan Yue ren) or Pandi people and you Hakka (guest people) not Hans. Nan Yue was lost. You have lost your original identity, it's truth. You are ruled by Hans, GDP don't say nothing when you are slaves of Hans now.

We are Han, we are the descendants of the Huaxia as proven by DNA. :P

And GDP says a lot when my small city alone has double the GDP of the entire country of Vietnam.

You simply have no leverage at all.

In another word, it is within the UNCLOS charter that countries are allowed to make declaration on what they chose to abide by. And they are allowed to do this at any time they want to. The UNCLOS is after all termed just as a convention.

First, you need to read more carefully what those articles pertained to.
"In addition, article 298, paragraph 1, allows States and entities to declare that they exclude the application of the compulsory binding procedures for the settlement of disputes under the Convention in respect of certain specified categories kinds of disputes"

States may choose not to abide or bound by the settlement of disputes provided by the articles. Just as exemplified by the recent case brought by the Philippines, China has the right not to abide the ITLOS decision (one of the procedure for settlement of dispute).

However, It does not equate that states may choose not to abide whichever articles in UNCLOS. China cannot in any case, as a signatory of UNCLOS, declared that reef/banks/rocks that cannot sustain economic/livelihood of human has EEZ enjoyed by ordinary islands. This is exemplifed by the case of Okinotorishima of Japan, which, in accordance to UNCLOS, was not an island, and hence does have any EEZ. Japan, as signatory of UNCLOS, cannot choose not to abide by this decision. It may unilaterally chose to ignore this decision, but it might undermine the comitment and honour of Japan towards international rules and convention.

The Chinese decision to claim nearly all south china sea by its U-shaped nine-dash line clearly does not comply with UNCLOS. China may reject the settlement of dispute regarding this claim, but this does not necessarily mean it can arbitrarily drawn any line that principally does not allowed by the UNCLOS.

China may claim historical rights over south china sea, but the claim itself is quite weak and will be easily challenged by neighboring parties in South-East Asia. Note that maritime south-east asian was predominated Austronesian, whose realm has long been sea travelling. If historical rights were to be brought upon UNCLOS, south-east asian and pacific islanders might be able to claim ridiculously large area of seas encompassing nearly all of the pacific ocean.

Two critical facts

1. The islands and seas within China's nine-dashed-lines map were discovered and claimed by China 2,000 years ago. China was the first discoverer and claimant of the South China Seas.

You can read about China's historical claims to the South China Seas over the last 2,000 years in the Chinese imperial dynastic records. There are also plenty of Chinese shipwrecks, buried bones, and buried artifacts (including wells) within the nine-dashed-lines map. China was there first and it belongs to them.

2. Among the South China Sea claimants, only one of the countries has a real navy (see videos below).

Combining points #1 (e.g. only China is the legitimate owner) and #2 (e.g. only China has the naval power to back its claims), it is clear that only China can claim sovereignty over the South China Seas.

"Published on Feb 13, 2013

A People's Liberation Army Navy fleet is on their way to Qingdao Port in northeast China after they finished intensive training missions in the West Pacific. During the training, the fleet held drills about attacks and defense, air defense and anti-submarine and over-the-horizon attack. Meanwhile, the training tested tactics, technical performances and computerized remote capacity of supplies."

----------

"Published on Nov 23, 2012

The Chinese People's Liberation Army Navy recently carried out live ammunition drills in the South China Sea and East China Sea. Vessel-airplane confrontation, vessel-submarine confrontation, air-defense and light weapon shootings were completed in the drills."

[Note: Don't bring up the United States. The U.S. does not recognize UNCLOS, is not a claimant to the South China Sea territory, and a Chinese megaton EMP warhead can easily neutralize any American surface fleet.]

Well, international law require more than a pure "Discovery" to claim a landmass. and i am not talking about the puny UNCLOS. (actually UNCLOS does not define national border)

International law as per UN Public Law Forum require a functioning government, a living or lived settlement to allow a government claim any landmass. You need to fullfill the Terra Nullius clause when you claim a land mass, not just call the land you discover and claim it's yours....

Also, using a Megaton EMP warhead is the same as using any Megaton Nuclear Weapon. The moment you use them on US warship, prepare to eat a retailatory nuclear strike on your own land. Will China want to lose all the inhibitian risking over a small landmass. I don't really think so.

I have comment this over and over again, you need more than UNCLOS and discovery to claim a landmass.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/222879-anyone-even-know-how-land-dispute-resolved.html

So considered this, your word proved nothing...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom