What's new

South Asians Weak AT Sports @ CWG

Are you joking - in a war the combined armies of India and Pakistan will kick the rear end of the Brits and Aussies any time.

You can't be serious. They may be a lot smaller but the Brits have a proven track record against a diverse set of enemies whereas India and Pakistan have never faced foes from outside of the subcontinent (excepting of course 1962)

Right now, operationally and in terms of actually carrying out a war, India and Pakistan are incomparable to the British and Australians.

BTW coming to sports - the reason why we dont produce good or top quality athletes id the corruption in the sports bureaus and the desire to earn money since most of the potential athletes come from poor or middle class back ground.

The parents either want their son/daughter to be a doctor,engineer or a cricketer because these are sure ways to rake in the moolah.

No one wants thier child to become an athlete or a discus thrower or a javelin thrower,get a measly PSU job and be middle class all their life.

Simple reasons - Economic nature.

Much of the same can be said of Chinese people.

In any WAR involving India or Pakistan VERSIS uk & australia assuming similiar conditions and equipment my money would be on the Brits or Aussies every time.

my reasons are simple these nations and others from the western world be it usa or germans etc are

physically fitter
far more intelligent
better organised
and have great leadership.

South Asians are paitriotic but could not organise a kiddies party if i,m honest let alone win a war or a international sports..

In any WAR involving India or Pakistan VERSIS uk & australia assuming similiar conditions and equipment my money would be on the Brits or Aussies every time.

my reasons are simple these nations and others from the western world be it usa or germans etc are

physically fitter
far more intelligent
better organised

South Asians are paitriotic but could not organise a kiddies party if i,m honest let alone win a war or a international sports..

i "ll agree only with the bolded part.

A modern day confrontation between India/Pakistan and UK/Australia
will be a pissing contest cause:

1.If India/Pakistan go for war with them,then they"ll get full support from entire Asia/Africa(maybe even military support).

2.In war of attrition,you figure who"ll win?

In fact,i think for Pakistan vs Australia the victor will be Pakistan.

And Pakistan vs UK,it"ll be a stalemate or victory for Pakistan.

physically fitter
far more intelligent
better organised

The average physical fitness of an average Indian militaryman is no less than that of a "Western" one. In terms of national average, yes, South Asians are less physically fit but that is more due to socio economic conditions, and nothing else. (and by the way, do the fat burger eating obese American middle class also figure in your definition of 'physically fit'?) The same goes towards your 'intelligence' argument. Why is it that Indians in the "West" are generally far more intelligent and better achievers than the average native population? What happens to 'superior Western intelligence' there?

In general, issues with South Asian countries, including India, are due to socio economic factors, and nothing else. Watch the fun once the balance starts tilting in the coming years.

And finally, to rebut your assertion about 'International sport', you need to be aware that India is a one-sport country, and that sport is cricket. It is only in the last 1-2 years that some attention is being paid to other sports. But in the one sport that India does care about, where are your great superior intelligent physically Brits when compared to the Indians? As of today, the Aussies are the only ones who compare with the Indians in cricket and both sides are pretty evenly matched.

Last edited:
i "ll agree only with the bolded part.

A modern day confrontation between India/Pakistan and UK/Australia
will be a pissing contest cause:

1.If India/Pakistan go for war with them,then they"ll get full support from entire Asia/Africa(maybe even military support).

2.In war of attrition,you figure who"ll win?

Don't count on such support. And regarding war of attrition, the most powerful country in the world, USA, is not able to carry out a ground war in Iraq/Afghanistan. If these small nations like Australia/Britain try that stunt with a country as large and powerful as India, they'll be massacred before the original poster can say, "We in the West are intelligent, fit and superior...."

Last edited:
Don't count on such support. And regarding war of attrition, the most powerful country in the world, USA, is not able to carry out a ground war in Iraq/Afghanistan. If these small nations like Australia/Britain try that stunt with a country as large and powerful as India, they'll be massacred before the original poster can say, "We in the West are intelligent, fit and superior...."

We can expect some support as a military confrontation between an Asian nation and UK/Australia will be interpreted as some kind of neo-colonialist agenda.

Hence Africa/Asia will vehemently condemn it.

Though i prefer to always rely on oneself.

@ adios...

how did i flames.. all i said india can easily beat england or australia and without support from usa no european country can even beat bantus of africa in todays world. did using word cockroach for them means flaming

@ adios...

how did i flames.. all i said india can easily beat england or australia and without support from usa no european country can even beat bantus of africa in todays world. did using word cockroach for them means flaming

Improper selection of words often serves as flame baits, which cause derailing and further problems . As you are still new to the forum, kindly bare in mind not use language that might be regarded offensive.Thanks!

BTW your own countryman reported it.

Improper selection of words often serves as flame baits, which cause derailing and further problems . As you are still new to the forum, kindly bare in mind not use language that might be regarded offensive.Thanks!

BTW your own countryman reported it.

point noted.. although my intent was not for flaming..the guy who reported me may be wanna be moderator himself may be this is why reporting his own countrymen

Last edited:
Theres just a lack of interest it takes decades to develop sports and its also very hard to start new sports in the modern world especially when the country is already dominated by cricket , look at the crowds at the CWG they are very small but perhaps this is a organisers fualt and the tickets are to expensive.

Btw to the OP this seems like more of a bashing thread lol.

India has done well at the current CWG due to its home advantage, our performance at the previous CWG events is a proof to this.

Sporting management bodies had always been a place where rich and powerful occupy top slots just to take advantages of the privileges and also for ego massages.

Even the players get satisfied after getting a position in government organisations and do not push much to get recognition at world level.

The sporting infrastructure is just not enough for sportsmen and women to train themselves to match their counterparts in developed countries. This is only due to the negligence and corruption among the officials of sporting bodies. Otherwise we have no dearth in talent.

Government does not consider sports as an opportunity to enhance India's image at global level and as a result their is no coordinated sporting policy both at the local and national level of our country.

Apart from all the above there is no or little monetary incentive for the sports person to push and strain themselves.

Even with all the above deficiencies the situation can change if the government announces monetary incentive for international sporting achievement like 10 crore for a Olympic gold medal, 5 crore for gold medals in next level competitions like CWG, Asian games, and World championships in individual sports.

India has done well at the current CWG due to its home advantage, our performance at the previous CWG events is a proof to this.

I don't think we are doing well simply due to home advantage. Yes it is a major factor but not the most important one. If you look at our wrestlers, shooters and badminton players then have generally done well in the past few years. We are doing well because of these new generation of sportsmen who are really competent.

white people are physically n mentally better than south asian races :D :D :D :D
u have 2 understand they invented all these military equipments we south asians r bunch of copy cats
we r family loving people they r by born warrior races in south asia punjabis r warrior minded
but they r no match for any of the white races

Sports is a reflection of your economy , the better your country is economically the more food the families will have on table

The more food there is , likely there would be more jobs, and kids then would have chance to go to school and play sports

In west Sports is not seen as a "Distraction" infact its considered healthy choice for person a view totally opposite to how sports is viewed in South Asia "a problem" for a child / youth

In South Asia , many children have to work as soon as 8-10 years old , and thus a majority of potential is lost

Also , the one that do go to school are encouraged to focus on academics as in these countries , competetion is high for few jobs which is not the case in Europe / USA or else where

Infact many youth get jobs right away as they graduate in Japan (or use to) for example

So this difference also mean even at Highschool level , and University level the Youth have less chance to play sports vs Youth South Asia

In Western Nations, kids pay $$ to Join Youth Leagues, and play competitive games while South Asians are watching sports , and their PT (physical training) means simply doing the (Jail house warmups hands up side ways and down etc)

Countries that focus on sports , it teaches youth leadership skills in South Asia , its seen as a mean to "waste time"

All in all , since Pakistan is poor economically the parents can't afford their kids to play sports that often , and also they rather have them study all the time due to an in efficient school system

Players like

Amir Khan (Boxing, UK )
Vikas Dhuraso (Soccer france)
Pakistani/Indian tennis duo

Show that if you take a normal South Asian and put him in an environment similar as Western counter part they can also excel in same sport / level as any other person

SECONDARY ISSUE:

The number of youth who participate in Western cultures in sports is higher there is far more competition as the Youth is developing in age

vs in South Asia , only a handful youth decide to participate in competitive events, and then regionally do not face any competition or what they face lacks in comparison to what other youths might face

So when the graduates from Western/ South Asian schools eventually meet globally its a complete
one side affair , as the South Asian youths have not seen that level of competition before nationally in their own countries which is why they get hammered

Back
Top Bottom