What's new

Sorry IMF Pakistan not coming for money.

BHarwana

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
There have been wide speculations of Pakistan going to IMF for loan but this just might not happen.

Pakistan has a debt which was taken by previous govt of PMLN. The rupee support policy of PMLN threw Pakistan into bad economic water but with the announcement of progressive PTI govt and their pro economic policies Pakistan is not going to knock the door of IMF, reason China has decided to pump more cash into Pakistan's economy. The effect of this news is already bringing economy back on track. Dollar price is falling every day and stock market of Pakistan is showing some of the largest gains after the elections.

China has agreed to a loan of $2 billion even before PTI has moved into office.

China wants to provide the new govt a fair ground keeping it out of Western clutches of IMF policies.

Ideally loan should be taken from banks that are backed by multiple countries.
Taking majority of the loan from single country is like zamindars trap, where he lends money and takes away land.

None the less at this moment Pakistan needs quick money so probably a short term gap is fine, but for long term it should look beyond China. For china which has trillions $ worth US treasury bonds, few billions giving away to Pakistan is much safer comparatively. Because with that money it can play games as well as keep check on India.

And how is Pakistan supposed to pay for the 5 billion dollars in bonds that is payable by the end of this year?

IK said in one of his jalsas that i can collect 8000 crore tax from the people of pakistan....this means logon k pass paisa hai the only thing that is stopping them from paying taxes is trust deficit...people are not sure whether their money will be rightly utilized or not....with IK this scenario changes and he has already promised in his first speech that i will protect the money paid as tax by the people of pakistan

Dollar price is already coming down. Gold price dipped by 3.5%
Stock market is rising on big boom.
Ever since I saw AKD sitting with Imran Khan in Karachi I knew stocks will jump after elections.
Foreign investment is also going up.
It's all good economy is back on track.

Here it is becoming news soon.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1767965/1-china-agrees-give-2b-loan-pakistan/

Thank you Indian media for showing grim situation of Pakistan's economy it helped PTI a lot.
@SunilM special thanks to you.

it is good but all this will depend on how pti manages money and control corruption of its owm ministers which seems very difficult .

LOL @SunilM and other Indians.

IMF loans are the cheapest loans available, plus it comes with conditions i.e. a plan as how to reinvigorate the economy and improve finances in future. In short it comes with a reform package. The molvis have made IMF a villain.

IMF loans are essentially American/Western approved loans.

It is better for Pakistan to avoid American/Western loans or it will remain hostage to blackmail. I.e. do more propaganda.

Initially, even if Pakistan under Imran Khan had to take the IMF route it wouldn't be a major issue in normal circumstances, but if we want to send out a clear statement it is better to avoid US/Western loans and monetary help. The IMF/WB would love to give Imran's government loans and portray an image that he is reliant on their assistance to fix the economy. It puts their narrative in a position of strength.

The Western media has created this narrative even before IK has been sworne in to create pressure. One of the narratives is that Imran's government will be forced to go for IMF loans and hence remain dependent on the US/West. It is not so much about taking loans as it is about projecting influence and reliance. The West likes to portray itself in the driving seat. They are not in the driving seat. They are on the backfoot and their propaganda against Imran Khan is clear as daylight. The West has proved by its malignant propaganda that it is not a supporter of IK or change in Pakistan. The West prefers and supports the status quo who they can easily bribe and influence without shedding a drop of sweat. IK isn't the status quo. He will look them dead straight in the eye and negotiate on equal terms. Imran Khan isn't corrupt and has a clean slate.

A big NO to IMF loans. They are politically motivated.

Last edited:
IMF loans are the cheapest loans available, plus it comes with conditions i.e. a plan as how to reinvigorate the economy and improve finances in future. In short it comes with a reform package. The molvis have made IMF a villain.

IMF loan are not cheapest. They move some where 5% to 7%. China is giving 1% to 2% Mark up China loans are soft loans.

Indian media just trolled PMLN to defeat by criticising economic policy of PMLN. Some times idiot trolls help with fake news. Lol

Back
Top Bottom