What's new

Sorry IMF Pakistan not coming for money.

Dollar price is already coming down. Gold price dipped by 3.5%
Stock market is rising on big boom.
Ever since I saw AKD sitting with Imran Khan in Karachi I knew stocks will jump after elections.
Foreign investment is also going up.
It's all good economy is back on track.

Here it is becoming news soon.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1767965/1-china-agrees-give-2b-loan-pakistan/

Thank you Indian media for showing grim situation of Pakistan's economy it helped PTI a lot.
@SunilM special thanks to you.

It's been 3 days since election, don't get ahead of yourself, nothing can be attributed to IK's government yet. Stock index movement reflects more than just their opinions/confidence on who is the PM. A weaker pkr, and a government being formed following an election are both going to boost the stock market.

As for the IMF, it might well happen still, there's a huge shortfall that our current and projected dollar reserves can't make up for. And I agree PMLN's policy of burning forex to keep the rupee artificially strong was shortsighted and wasteful.

Ideally loan should be taken from banks that are backed by multiple countries.
Taking majority of the loan from single country is like zamindars trap, where he lends money and takes away land.

None the less at this moment Pakistan needs quick money so probably a short term gap is fine, but for long term it should look beyond China. For china which has trillions $ worth US treasury bonds, few billions giving away to Pakistan is much safer comparatively. Because with that money it can play games as well as keep check on India.
Isn't it good for Pakistan? Viny..

Modi should also seek loan from China to build toilets since many women being raped while they are out in fields to relieve themselves...Instead of taking stand offs against real super power.

It's been 3 days since election, don't get ahead of yourself, nothing can be attributed to IK's government yet. Stock index movement reflects more than just their opinions/confidence on who is the PM. A weaker pkr, and a government being formed following an election are both going to boost the stock market.

As for the IMF, it might well happen still, there's a huge shortfall that our current and projected dollar reserves can't make up for. And I agree PMLN's policy of burning forex to keep the rupee artificially strong was shortsighted and wasteful.

You are correct but I am not getting ahead here I have reasons for this. Do you remember when Pakistani stock exchange was doing very well in whole Asia?
Then suddenly it started to fell like a rock and then dollar started disappearing from the market. Now in this whole time the money that was liquidated from stocks never left the country. There was no out flow of this big cash. That money went into dollar purchase this making dollar appreciate in Pakistan. Now that money is moving back to stock market and dollar will reduce in value due to sell off. Foreign exchange will rise before 31st.

@BHarwana

Do you understand that China is the largest contributor to trade deficit in Pakistan? 10 billion USD per year, and climbing.

Pakistan should cut down on luxurious expenditures, increase tax net, and do its utmost to revive its domestic industry in order to stimulate its exports. I hope that PTI will deliver in these respects.

I am not comfortable with the idea of taking loans from China (or any country) with long-term repayment schedule; this kind of arrangement offers little incentive to a government to push for reforms.

Pakistan should get out of debt trap situation at any cost.

Good relations with China? Yes.
Loans from China? No.

@BHarwana

Do you understand that China is the greatest contributor to trade deficit in Pakistan? 10 billion USD per year, and climbing.

Pakistan should cut down on luxurious expenditures, increase its tax net, and do its utmost to revive its industry. I hope that PTI will deliver in these respects.

I am not comfortable with the idea of taking loans from China with long-term repayment schedule; this kind of arrangement offers little incentive to a government to push for reforms.

Pakistan should get out of debt trap situation at any cost.

Good relations with China? Yes.
Loans from China? No.

You are not comfortable with China because you want Pakistan in USA follow list whole PDF knows it. Pakistan has imposed high taxes on luxury imports scroll through economy section you will find the thread. Regarding Chinese loan it only accounts for 10% of total Pakistani loan. Don't worry.

Lols I am not seeing any improvement since your men achieve the level of raping, lynching any living, crawling thing....be safe Viny
To see changes you have to give away all your leanings and start fresh.
And thanks for concern, I never felt unsafe in India :)

To see changes you have to give away all your leanings and start fresh.
And thanks for concern, I never felt unsafe in India :)
You never felt unsafe even while out for jungle paani?

You must be brave woman...I must say...or may be get used to it...anyways congrats :tup:

You are not comfortable with China because you want Pakistan in USA follow list whole PDF knows it. Pakistan has imposed high taxes on luxury imports scroll through economy section you will find the thread. Regarding Chinese loan it only accounts for 10% of total Pakistani loan. Don't worry.
I desire an independent and strong Pakistan, free from debt trap situation and terrorism. A strong and prosperous Pakistan is good for my livelihood. :rolleyes:

You mistakenly assume that China is our savior - it is not. China care about its interests [only], and Chinese business community is very shrewd (personal experience). As a citizen of Pakistan, I expect PAK-China engagements to be transparent and free from offers of kickbacks to corrupt politicians from the Chinese Private Enterprise in order to secure every project in Pakistan.

Learn from the story of Neelum-Jhelum Project.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/archive/print/626611
https://propakistani.pk/2018/05/03/...the-worlds-most-expensive-hydel-project-ever/

METRO projects across Pakistan tell the same story.

We should strive for transparent methods of development. You are not aware of shady Chinese business practices; I am. Why so many Chinese are flooding Pakistan under the shadow of CPEC? Why such a big trade deficit with China? Why China have 40% share in Pakistani Stock Exchange? Are we selling everything to China?

Any real Pakistani would be concerned. Unlike Chinese cheerleaders here, many in Pakistan are concerned.

I have attended CPEC events and all I see is empty promises of socio-economic development - no strategy. And lack of job opportunities.

A strong Pakistan is an independent Pakistan in terms of economy and industrial capability.

And yes! Pakistan should stay away from the games of superpowers of our times - US and China both.

Friendship with China? Yes.
Putting all eggs in the same basket? A big NO.

Sooner you understand my point, the better.

Last edited:
You never felt unsafe even while out for jungle paani?
Nopes never, Like i said in past I have a great satisfaction of dumping away dirt to its right destination be it via Jehlum, Ravi, Beas, Satluj or Indus...

You asked for it... you got it..

Actually taking loan from IMF is good for country/governance. They hav stringent rules for loans . This will force government to cut down subsidies and wasteful expenditure and improve the performance of public sector companies.
They will ask to devalue the price of ruppe against dollar to make the market competitive but ruppe is already falling so IMF policies will hurt the economy more than benefiting it.

I desire an independent and strong Pakistan, free from debt trap situation and terrorism. A strong and prosperous Pakistan is good for my livelihood. :rolleyes:

You mistakenly assume that China is our savior - it is not. China care about its interests [only], and Chinese business community is very shrewd (personal experience). As a citizen of Pakistan, I expect PAK-China engagements to be transparent and free from offers of kickbacks to corrupt politicians from the Chinese Private Enterprise in order to secure every project in Pakistan. Learn from the story of Neelum-Jhelum Project.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/archive/print/626611
https://propakistani.pk/2018/05/03/...the-worlds-most-expensive-hydel-project-ever/

We should strive for transparent methods of development. You are not aware of shady Chinese business practices; I am. Why so many Chinese are flooding Pakistan under the shadow of CPEC? Why such a big trade deficit with China? Why China have 40% share in Pakistani Stock Exchange? Are we selling everything to China?

Any real Pakistani would be concerned. Unlike Chinese cheerleaders here, many in Pakistan are concerned.

I have attended CPEC events and all I see is empty promises of socio-economic development - no strategy. And lack of job opportunities.

A strong Pakistan is an independent Pakistan in terms of economy and industrial capability.

And yes! Pakistan should stay away from the games of superpowers of our times - US and China both.

Sooner you understand my point, the better.

There so many homes destroyed in the forest fire of California yet USA has its IR sats pointed on Asia why? USA could have saved many lives and property back home using those military sats. Don't teach me my friend what is good for us. China is bringing in foreign direct investment and you want us to say no. Lol. Every day trump gives a speech about bringing this much investment into USA and you want to suggest opposition for Pakistan lol. Come on cut the crap my friend. There is a level of propaganda above that it becomes a visible plot.

Nopes never, Like i said in past I have a great satisfaction of dumping away dirt to its right destination be it via Jehlum, Ravi, Beas, Satluj or Indus...

You asked for it... you got it..
Humm you are quite comfortable doing jungle paani in open...cover the face and do it...? right...

Toilet nahien tu shaadi nahien....took part in this andolan..lady doing jungle paani in open very dangerous..two days back girl gang raped while doing this adventure in above mentioned rivers.....:lol:

Last edited:
Dollar price is already coming down. Gold price dipped by 3.5%
Stock market is rising on big boom.
Ever since I saw AKD sitting with Imran Khan in Karachi I knew stocks will jump after elections.
Foreign investment is also going up.
It's all good economy is back on track.

Here it is becoming news soon.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1767965/1-china-agrees-give-2b-loan-pakistan/

Thank you Indian media for showing grim situation of Pakistan's economy it helped PTI a lot.
@SunilM special thanks to you.
I fear this sudden rise in stock market doesn't turn into a bubble which will brust when investors start taking profits. Last time investors lost billions when the market dropped from 52000 points to 39000 points in a very short period of time.

I fear this sudden rise in stock market doesn't turn into a bubble which will brust when investors start taking profits. Last time investors lost billions when the market dropped from 52000 points to 39000 points in a very short period of time.

It was artificial drop. Money went into currency now it is coming back into stocks.

Back
Top Bottom