What's new

Sonic boom by jet creates panic

somewhere i read sonic booms can make your deaf ...is that correct ?

Temporarily, and you move into a brief period of eternal silence for a brief period of time. :lol:

We regularly see Combat maneuvers and formation flight of Mig-21 and/or Mig-27s, sometime joined by Mig-29s and rarely by Su-30MKIs/Mirage 2000.

I remember airshow in my city (Trivandrum) where the star attraction Su-30 MKI came all the way from Pune. According to media the distance was covered in about 1 hour. After a spectacular aerial display it went back to its base dashing my hopes to see in real.

I have seen this during there training excercise in Rajasthan in May-june. Not any more they are there

Mig-21s are generally placed near the borders, that's what i observed.

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

My first love.

1429481.jpg

Reminds me of stories a while back where residents in Goa where equally distressed by large explosions, sound was eventually found to be IN Mig-29Ks breaking the sound barrier as they trained near the coast. Residents were unused to the sounds as the IN Harriers were sub-sonic.

+ whilst there may be no MKI SQDs stationed down south there could be a plethora of reasons why MKIs would be down there- training with local SQDs, ground infrastructure testing etc

Whe I was in France I saw a Mirage 2000 go supersonic, it was awesome. 2 years ago I woke up and was going to work and noticed an f 15 doing maneuvers right over my house, I was hoping for a boom but didn't get one.

I guess no one here heard Mig-21 flying 20 meters above the ground?

I'm that unlucky one

ive herd a MKI ...at the Chandigarh IAF air base...

very close ..right over head.

The force of the sound literally pushes u down(at-least it feels like it is)..very powerful and loud

If you guys would have stayed in South Delhi, you guys would have been 'those lucky ones' every year before the air force day :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom