What's new

So what is Lt Col worth ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other setups and industries too, like mills, factories etc. Retired officers are chosen since they are efficient and good at management.

Exposure and expertise in different areas which a civil set up doesn't offer to develop the same.
Bhai I disagree.

There are some very good civilian institutions that produce very good civilians with the mentioned skills.

The exposure, the civilians have, outmatches their military counterpart. Suffice to say the retired military only have exposure within the military, while the average Joe gets his/her exposure from a variety of private/public firms.

Anyways, lets agree to disagree here.

It’s everywhere in the world, in US for sure. Ex-servicemen (veterans) with honorable discharge are always given preference over regular candidates. Employers look for active, punctual, stable candidate with proven work ethics and honorable certificate of discharge from military give them that surety.

Other setups and industries too, like mills, factories etc. Retired officers are chosen since they are efficient and good at management.
lol. no. they arent good or efficient, they are just good at shouting and abusing, and lose their jobs mostly within a year.

Country belongs to Army, us Pakistani's are their slaves so we should just keep quite and bow down to the Godly Army who will fight Dajjal lol Mulk aur jobs tu ese khate hain yeh fauji jaise baap ka maal ho...

Not everything has to be criticized just for the sake of it.

If any org wants a Retd officer against a specific post then they must need someone good at managing banks, factories, real estate projects, dairy farms and political parties etc. No other organization / academy in this country produces people with such a wide skill set.

They want a retired Lt Col with IT experience. Makes sense as the role involves "operations", i.e., kicking butts to ensure people are doing their jobs.

What that implies is they want someone with minimum 15 years of experience managing and disciplining people.

P.S. - I used to get hate for criticising PA on this forum but the IK debacle has flipped the script - now I am sometimes finding myself defending PA from Pakistanis. :lol:

He's an i.t engineer , matlab from engineering corps ?

Although I understand where you are coming from (sort of) but it’s a private company from the looks of it. The aren’t looking for any run of the mill Army wala, they need a technically qualified person who has the necessary qualification ( Corps of Signals Lt Col would have done his BSc/ Msc from NUST) along with relevant managerial experience/ work ethic and ability to work under time/ resource constrained, high risk environment (the military is one of the best places to develop this). There is a reason private firms around the world trust veterans for managerial posts despite what other individuals aspiring for the same positions think.
its not a private firm, its a subsidiary of FWO

The aren’t looking for any run of the mill Army wala, they need a technically qualified person who has the necessary qualification ( Corps of Signals Lt Col would have done his BSc/ Msc from NUST) along with relevant managerial experience/ work ethic and ability to work under time/ resource constrained, high risk environment (the military is one of the best places to develop this)
what a joke! the army wallas, even of nust, know nothing other than yes-sir. and army-wallas as compared to the other 2 forces are the most pig-headed. high risk, maybe, but never resource constrained.

the military isnt resource constrained like the civilian setup is. the danda of the general sorts everything out and gets all the approvals/NOCs and whatnot required. no such resources in civilian setup. the jack-asses, for the most part, only know how to waste money, not how to earn it or manage it properly.

Although I understand where you are coming from (sort of) but it’s a private company from the looks of it. The aren’t looking for any run of the mill Army wala, they need a technically qualified person who has the necessary qualification ( Corps of Signals Lt Col would have done his BSc/ Msc from NUST) along with relevant managerial experience/ work ethic and ability to work under time/ resource constrained, high risk environment (the military is one of the best places to develop this). There is a reason private firms around the world trust veterans for managerial posts despite what other individuals aspiring for the same positions think.
Military inc may be or govt owned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom