What's new

Snowden Says Cisco Helped the US Spy on China

Hasn't Huawei indicated that it will make its source codes open for examination by India, Europe or U.S.??? Isn't it enough?

I do not think cisco has similar offer to China though.

Source codes can be changed and is changed. That is given. It is good to have a look at source codes, but at the same time as the time passes source code changes to that extent that there will almost no resemblance to the previous code.

China is being a little bit too nice to Cisco. With all those fuss about Huawei/ZTE by the US lately, China hasn't done a thing to Cisco.

So wtf?!

If doing that cannot get the doubts away, I have no idea how you can get doubts away in any other methods.

BTW, most companies in the world won't do anything like that.

Source codes can be changed and is changed. That is given. It is good to have a look at source codes, but at the same time as the time passes source code changes to that extent that there will almost no resemblance to the previous code.

So the Chinese hacker division tied to PLA hacking US private and government systems allegations seriously backfired :)

what exactly do some people think the CIA is for? I have heard China spends 600 Billion on internal security, at least some of it goes to spy agencies.

We all spy on the other that's how the world works. What does it matter who does what.

This Snowden guy is a traitor and China should either assassinate or sent him back to the states, as a warning to all Chinese, traitors regardless of who will be dealt with, with no mercy.

I think China should set up laws against those foreign companies that serve to political agenda of China hostile governments, US, Japan and their whiter allies...

Yeah right, that way no IT company could prove innocence, which will be a big problem with the so-called world office.

Hmm... I'm not sure how this is possible unless the network architect is pretty stupid or is actually involved in spying. The equipment in itself cannot connect to a unknown server without the network maintenance team knowing it. You can use network equipment to do lawful intercept. But that has to be configured. Also network equipment are not compute intensive, so they obviously cannot filter out "interesting traffic".

Huawei's code is not open to its own developers. Huawei developers did not have access even to the full image components definitely till 2 years back. I'm not sure of the case now. In cisco all engineers can see the source code of any product.

I don't buy this story.

Back
Top Bottom