What's new

Sniper target 3800+m away

Do snipers have tools or AI that help them do these calcs? I mean it seems near impossible to make these shots!
of course not. At times i felt it is faith and luck.

yes it is. man, i have only made it to 850m with a 7mm but that was streach on the heidelburg range with perfect conditions and no wind.
I made around 200 meters with some .22 rifle. :lol:

Do snipers have tools or AI that help them do these calcs? I mean it seems near impossible to make these shots!

yes they have somethings to help them make accurate shooting its ballistic computer scope system or ballistically Optimized Sniper Scope

US

size0.jpg

Iran

867968_942.jpg

yes they have somethings to help them make accurate shooting its ballistic computer scope system or ballistically Optimized Sniper Scope

US

size0.jpg

Iran

867968_942.jpg
yes but many have done it without these new gadgets; the scope is ballistic calibrated; that is nothing new - even my 303 has calibrated marking.

3.8 km nothing
World record 5.5 km
we are speaking of field sniping kills.

Unless the bullet has AI or course correction guidance :P
Lol

What I was thinking of was equipment to measure distance to the target, angles, wind speed, air temperature etc. It could then give the shooter a guide of where to aim to hit the shot.

Lol

What I was thinking of was equipment to measure distance to the target, angles, wind speed, air temperature etc. It could then give the shooter a guide of where to aim to hit the shot.
nope. nothing like that was in their kits. we had one sniping unit posted with us in Cuito.

yes it is. man, i have only made it to 850m with a 7mm but that was streach on the heidelburg range with perfect conditions and no wind.

Not surprised-always knew you were a shooter! The link doesn't state the wind at such distance is different from the shooters pos. Also,even a phenomenal guy with a good spotter would still need a number of ranging shots just for this even with good optics and ballistic comp.

Back
Top Bottom