What's new

Sniper for PA

AoA Guys,

Well would like to add something in this informative dialouge, which is that Pakistan Army has also started to induct British Range Master .50 Calibre AMR. I have seen it myself in a pic. One of my dear one is in the army, and his unit got them recently. He brought a pic of the rifle on his mobile. But they have yet to fire them. Hope this info helps.

Why Pak army is not using POF sniper that somebody share on some of the forum it was displayed in turkey in recent exhibition..
any information

guys info required
Why Pak army is not using POF sniper that somebody share on some of the forum it was displayed in turkey in recent exhibition..
any information

Last edited:
guys info required
any information

POF is license producing the PSR-90 (which is a copy of the PSG-1 rifle). The HK PSG-1 rifle and in turn the PSR-90 are both semi-automatic rifles more suitable for use by Counter Terrorism teams. Snipers in the field most typically use bolt-action rifles and the ones in use by the Pakistan Army are fairly good one. There is a difference in terms of accuracy between bolt-action and semi-automatic rifles with the bolt-action ones providing higher accuracy.

Assalam-o-Alaikum,
Thanks brother for ur info................? Can u share some pics of PSR 90 or PSG-1 Rifle
Regards

I suggest using the M-24. Its the Standard for the American Army. Apart from that it's my favorite Sniper Rifle, mostly because its the most widely used weapon in BF-2 that I use!

i hv seen a programm on discovery
a new sniper rifle M-200 anti vehicale
a record acquired target at abt 2400 meters

M24 and L96 (for SIachin and Northerhn Areas).

What are we using currently?

What are we using currently?
Pakistani army uses the Steyr SSG-69 as its primary Sniper Rifle, G-3 with scope is also used. The SSG uses the SSG-69 and the PSG-1. I have a question guys why the Sniper Rifle is preferred to be Bolt Action and not self loading?

Brothers,
One question , are we making these guns ? (Own Guns)
if we are buying , then from which country and what kind of ?
share comments pls.

regards

Brothers,
One question , are we making these guns ? (Own Guns)
if we are buying , then from which country and what kind of ?
share comments pls.

regards
POF showcased the PSR-90 (A licensed copy of the PSG-1) thus I am inclined to assume that we DO make our own PSG-1.

About the SSG-69, we import them from Austria.
Here is a good detailed list of all the Infantry weapons being used by Pakistan Army and SSG.
Pakistan Army Infantry Weapons

I dont whether we are making these guns or not (a few days b4 i come to know that POF is making sniper guns tooooo but im not sure).
on the other hand u said if we are buying then from which country. actualy PA is using styer 69 (Austria) & L 96 (UK).
But i think sir fatman can through some light on this question.
Regards,
Sunny

Pakistani army uses the Steyr SSG-69 as its primary Sniper Rifle, G-3 with scope is also used. The SSG uses the SSG-69 and the PSG-1. I have a question guys why the Sniper Rifle is preferred to be Bolt Action and not self loading?

SSG does not use PSG-1 in the field as far as I am aware. Its currently AI L-96 and Steyr SSG69. Most bolt action rifles have better accuracy than the semi-automatic Sniper rifles.

SSG does not use PSG-1 in the field as far as I am aware
During the Red-Mosque operation I did see atleast one soldier with the PSG-1/PSR-90 deployed on a rooftop aiming at the Mosque. Though I guess it might be as popular as the SSG69.

Back
Top Bottom