What's new

Sniper for PA

keep your advise with yourself

Keep my advice to myself?????:lol: Maybe you should take your own advice here......

BTW when you have gotten your head out of your *** please let me know what the hell a "burst sniper" is.....In all my years I have not heard such a phrase.....:lol:

Make intro complusory for such buffooons, so that we can net them at the begining itself.

Getting back on topic:

SSG operators returning from the LM. Note the AI L-96 with the sniper in the rear:
185cf6a38fbad6e1fc59585d4a4b6977.jpg

Mission accomplished!!
e34b27e5834a57e3d7383aa3ebfd1e7b.jpg

Going home...
69cae9e2eedc83f6174fc12c6792240d.jpg

Last edited:
Getting back on topic:

SSG operators returning from the LM. Note the AI L-96 with the sniper in the rear:
185cf6a38fbad6e1fc59585d4a4b6977.jpg

Mission accomplished!!
e34b27e5834a57e3d7383aa3ebfd1e7b.jpg

Going home...
69cae9e2eedc83f6174fc12c6792240d.jpg

Should have those weapons in drag bags.........

Last edited by a moderator:
In the first picture,

is that a American Sniper Rifle.

G3 is a good weapon but PA needs to upgrade. licence mfg of the M-16 will not be a bad idea!

G3 is a good weapon but PA needs to upgrade. licence mfg of the M-16 will not be a bad idea!

AR-15/M-16 was considered for production in Pakistan in the 60s and ruled out in favor of the G-3. The reasons were not all technical, had more to do with what was more expensive to produce..the G-3 obviously was cheaper to produce.

AR-15/M-16 was considered for production in Pakistan in the 60s and ruled out in favor of the G-3. The reasons were not all technical, had more to do with what was more expensive to produce..the G-3 obviously was cheaper to produce.

Are we again comparing G3 and M16...

G3 was the better solution and has proved so also and in no way was inferior to M16 if not better if some people think otherwise.

For details on Steyr:

STEYR ARMS INC.: Welcome to STEYR ARMS Inc.

Pakistan Army uses these 2 types of Sniper rifle from Steyr:

STEYR SSG 69 (STEYR SSG PII)

STEYR SSG 04

Are we again comparing G3 and M16...

G3 was the better solution and has proved so also and in no way was inferior to M16 if not better if some people think otherwise.

Humbly speaking, I believe at least on this topic, I have a bit more inside info than most with regards to what PA thought. The AR-15 was considered to be a better rifle than the G-3. I know of individuals who evaluated the two rifles for induction and what they had to say. G-3 was chosen because it included a lot of parts that could be produced in house. This was not so for the AR-15/M-16 and thus the Army went for the G-3. On the technical merits of the performance, the evaluators liked the American weapon better, however the then powers calling the shots decided on the G-3 looking at the overall supply chain situation. ;)

Although all of the above is done with...now the question is what is to be the G-3 replacement.

Back
Top Bottom