What's new

Sneak Peek into India’s New Missile Programs

Why does India wish to build all of these WMDs instead of building a civilization that could inspire the rest of the world?
For past 10000 years of history the hindus never venture out on a crusade or war but was following yhe philosophies of grt civilization, peace n harmonies, but we always get in return many waves of invaders n missionaries which intern made the greatest civilized country of this earth "The Great Bharat" which was spanned from the boundaries of as far as afganistan to vietnam, cambodia, maleshiya, singapur, thailand.. From Tibet to maldives...into fragmented nation and what we r left with is now India... So now we have to be an aggressive n always be on offensive rather than defensive as we were all these thousand of years ...

Let me explain our actions in the simplest manner possible.

There was once a rich farmer who owned a sprawling farmhouse in the middle of his farmland. In an area known for robberies and encroachment, there'd been no attempts on him or his property. So, a news-reporter decided to interview him.

The interview went well, and towards the end of the interview, the reporter asked, "So, How are your neighbors? Do you trust them? "

The farmer replied, "Yes yes, very trustworthy, very honest folks".

"But I noticed you have kept a gun in the Drawing hall. I can't imagine you needing that."

The farmer smiled, and pulling out his pipe said, "That,son, is to keep them honest"

We trust you, as Manmohan Singh said in his capacity as the PM of India, but we would prefer to ensure you do not get the chance for breaking our trust
Very well said n put ..lol hahahaha still cant stop smiling ...as i too am a farmer ..;-)

What makes me angry is that we are not assessing new tech and embracing new research properly. Anit Radiation missiles have been around for sometime but India never paid attention until Pakistan bought some off the shelf from Brazil. Then DRDO kicked into high gear. We are capable but it seems our past gov't's were F_KED UP!

Why does India wish to build all of these WMDs instead of building a civilization that could inspire the rest of the world?

Because you need alive civilization to inspire world as dead civilzation can do nothing. Security is the 2nd fundamental in human evolution.

Guess_Livefist_SLIDEdotjpg

LRCM and the new SAM are the ones I wanna see.

isn't it better to have a solid fueled rocket compared to a liquid fueled one ? or is that a necessity for current scramjet technology ?

We had a civilization that once inspired the rest of the world..........but the rest of the barbaric, greedy world destroyed it.........they killed us, looted our wealth, destroyed our heritage, took away our land..........now we are broke and almost half the size of our former self.................and learnt the importance of defense......

is there much info on Anti-radiation missile?

how much indigenous are these projects?

Fully Indigenous.

Anti-radiation missile by DRDO to be ready in 3-5 years - The Hindu

India developing radar-destroying Anti-Radiation Missile | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

In India? And if so from which naval ship? I'm assuming INS Kolkata....

It will be in Israel. Test in India will follow afterward.

Where did you get that from ?

Avinash Chander's 70 minute lecture. It is available on BR.

Last edited:
Astra MK 2 will have Mach 3.5 speed and shall be 100+ KM Range. MK1 was advertised as 44 KM range missile but tested for 65 KM range and that too at a low altitude.

LRCM is in final stage of testing. Hot weather trial in September 2014.

Anti radiation missile has 140 KM range and it can trace the radar even if radar stops imitating radar wave. First test is likely in 2016.

This LRCM you talk about is it a different name for Nirbhai Cruise missile or a different project

This LRCM you talk about is it a different name for Nirbhai Cruise missile or a different project

LRCM is a supersonic CM in development with a range of 600 km . It is completely different from Nirbhay .

Guess_Livefist_SLIDEdotjpg

Back
Top Bottom