What's new

SLN rejects attack on Indian fishermen

Sinhala

BANNED
Reaction score
SLN rejects attack on Indian fishermen

Rejecting allegations that the Sri Lankan Navy had attacked some Indian fishermen, Navy spokesman Kosala Warnakulasuriya said Indian fishermen were known to make false allegations from time to time. The fishermen themselves later admit that the allegations were false.

PTI News Agency reported quoting an official that 12 fishermen were today injured when they were attacked allegedly by Sri Lankan naval personnel while fishing in Lankan territorial waters.

Officials are reported to have said out of 664 boats, 600 had ventured into several points within Lankan territorial waters, including Iranatheevu, Kundu and Talaimannar.

According to fishermen, the Lankan navy surrounded their boats, cut the fishing nets of more than ten vessels, and pushed four fishermen into the sea, and asked them to swim to their boat. Later the fishermen were asked to kneel down and were beaten up with lathis by the naval men, they alleged.

i am not trolling,but why would they lie?

i am not trolling,but why would they lie?

Thats ok.

The way the judicial system in Sri lanka works on the basis that the claimt must provide the evidence and establish the proof of the claim. i.e the prosecution must prove that defendant did whatever. So its not a matter of weather they are lying or not.

Back
Top Bottom