What's new

Slave-trade of Chitral in 19th century

Kalasha, Nuristanis etc have zilch to do with Alexander. It's a myth spread by foreigners and some locals alike, look at the DNA tests done on them and you will see. They are remnants of an older wave of people.
For some reason they seem to have a higher frequency of Balkan looking folk than neighboring tribes, why is that I do not know.

For some reason they seem to have a higher frequency of Balkan looking folk than neighboring tribes, why is that I do not know.

Agreed.

Also, out of interest and for @doppelgängerr , although I'm sure you have seen this already:

"The Kalash represent an enigmatic isolated population of Indo-European speakers who have been living for centuries in the Hindu Kush mountain ranges of present-day Pakistan. Previous Y chromosome and mitochondrial DNA markers provided no support for their claimed Greek descent following Alexander III of Macedon's invasion of this region, and analysis of autosomal loci provided evidence of a strong genetic bottleneck. To understand their origins and demography further, we genotyped 23 unrelated Kalash samples on the Illumina HumanOmni2.5M-8 BeadChip and sequenced one male individual at high coverage on an Illumina HiSeq 2000. Comparison with published data from ancient hunter-gatherers and European farmers showed that the Kalash share genetic drift with the Paleolithic Siberian hunter-gatherers and might represent an extremely drifted ancient northern Eurasian population that also contributed to European and Near Eastern ancestry. Since the split from other South Asian populations, the Kalash have maintained a low long-term effective population size (2,319–2,603) and experienced no detectable gene flow from their geographic neighbors in Pakistan or from other extant Eurasian populations. The mean time of divergence between the Kalash and other populations currently residing in this region was estimated to be 11,800 (95% confidence interval = 10,600−12,600) years ago, and thus they represent present-day descendants of some of the earliest migrants into the Indian sub-continent from West Asia."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4570283/

This is all bakwas now a days girls must visit to magistrate with family with written approval that she is going to marry outsider with her will even some locals search bus stop and if they find stranger with chitrali girl they were questioned even upon suspicion they force the person to divorce.
I did all the research because I want to marry Kalash girl from that area, check the dawn article below.
Getting a bride from Chitral not easy for outsiders now
https://www.dawn.com/news/1249658
why you want to marry a kilash girl ?

Why is that guy in picture is wearing Turkish hat and people behind him are wearing the kind of hat pashtuns wear.?
That head-wear was common throughout all of Pakistan and it isnt exactly 'Turkish'.

In 1965
an-outdoors-school-in-the-mountains-of-azad-kashmir-pakistan-circa-picture-id565309337

No Kalash people came with Alexander.
Not possible since even today Kalash's are Animist same as Alexander.
A very large misconception. There is no evidence at all to suggest this.

Greek settlers arrived mostly everywhere except where the present-day Kalash lived (Northern Areas)

The Macedonians built settlements and sent governors/settlers to the regions of Punjab, Sindh, Gandhara (KPK) and Gedorsia (Balochistan). These settlers would integrate and mix with locals completely after around 400 years. Greek genetic contribution to Punjab is estimated at 15%.

Secondly, the Kalash and Greek peoples do not look alike. Many Pakistanis believe that Greeks are blonde haired and color-eyed because Kalash have colored hair/eyes and claim to be descendants of the Macedonian invaders. Most Greeks have dark hair and brown eyes, just as most Mediterranean peoples do.

WaMu99l-SP2HjZMrO9rs0Q.png

ZD11nTK-R8mnKnX0v79aJQ.png

Despite being genetically isolated, the closest ethnic groups that are related to them are all Pakistani ethnicities.

Agreed.

Also, out of interest and for @doppelgängerr , although I'm sure you have seen this already:

"The Kalash represent an enigmatic isolated population of Indo-European speakers who have been living for centuries in the Hindu Kush mountain ranges of present-day Pakistan. Previous Y chromosome and mitochondrial DNA markers provided no support for their claimed Greek descent following Alexander III of Macedon's invasion of this region, and analysis of autosomal loci provided evidence of a strong genetic bottleneck. To understand their origins and demography further, we genotyped 23 unrelated Kalash samples on the Illumina HumanOmni2.5M-8 BeadChip and sequenced one male individual at high coverage on an Illumina HiSeq 2000. Comparison with published data from ancient hunter-gatherers and European farmers showed that the Kalash share genetic drift with the Paleolithic Siberian hunter-gatherers and might represent an extremely drifted ancient northern Eurasian population that also contributed to European and Near Eastern ancestry. Since the split from other South Asian populations, the Kalash have maintained a low long-term effective population size (2,319–2,603) and experienced no detectable gene flow from their geographic neighbors in Pakistan or from other extant Eurasian populations. The mean time of divergence between the Kalash and other populations currently residing in this region was estimated to be 11,800 (95% confidence interval = 10,600−12,600) years ago, and thus they represent present-day descendants of some of the earliest migrants into the Indian sub-continent from West Asia."

There is genetic evidence of a migration from modern-day Pakistan into Western Europe. It perhaps suggests that many European physical features could have originated in modern-day Pakistan or Afghanistan.

00f6ee63-1879-4478-ba57-dbb395297596-jpg.369848

This is all bakwas now a days girls must visit to magistrate with family with written approval that she is going to marry outsider with her will even some locals search bus stop and if they find stranger with chitrali girl they were questioned even upon suspicion they force the person to divorce.
I did all the research because I want to marry Kalash girl from that area, check the dawn article below.
Getting a bride from Chitral not easy for outsiders now
https://www.dawn.com/news/1249658
That part I know and I can confirm

Not possible since even today Kalash's are Animist same as Alexander.
According to genetic studies .. kalash arent greek... rather native.

why you want to marry a kilash girl ?
Dude prolly, saw the 90s vital sign song... filmed in the Kalash valley..:lol:

Kho people

Kalash people

Nuristanis

It seems all three are similar, separated by religion and modern national boundaries.
They are very kind and hardworking folks.

Met a Chitrali student (PHD) in lahore last month... great fella. The new generation is into education... and the place has a good literacy rate.

@Dushman.

Kalash and Nuristanis are same people.

The Nuristanis however were converted by Pashtun kings .. however Kalash in Pak retain their religion.

While Kho or Khowar people are just a different ethnic group... dard people like other himalayan ethnic groups of Pakistan... like the Sheen etc.

The mehtars of Chitral were locals;

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katoor_Dynasty

katur dynasty.

What part is that bro:p:,,,,, those Chitrali girls do have beauty, no question about it.Kudos
:lol: This one "I did all the research because I want to marry Kalash girl from that area, check the dawn article below."

Yes, they are beautiful ...no doubt about it. Perhaps I'm in that age bracket when every girl/woman looks beautiful .... but still I'm able to pull my poker face even around Miss Scandinavia :)

Agreed.

I don't understand much of the genetics nonsense jargon but this looks like a material for Aryan migration /out of India fights..........
OMG it already started! :woot:...

ZD11nTK-R8mnKnX0v79aJQ.png

Despite being genetically isolated, the closest ethnic groups that are related to them are all Pakistani ethnicities.

There is genetic evidence of a migration from modern-day Pakistan into Western Europe. It perhaps suggests that many European physical features could have originated in modern-day Pakistan or Afghanistan.

00f6ee63-1879-4478-ba57-dbb395297596-jpg.369848

Who cares about minor details like kidnapping and slavery on industrial scale; and reality of the (in words of @Riaz haq) 'the superior culture that Muslim invaders of central asia gifted to the uncivilized South Asian natives'!

Last edited:
Just a random observation. These areas in Pakistan and Afghanistan on map look in geographical continuity with Gilgit Baltistan region of J&K. GB is an Indian territoryoccupied by Pakistan and now large number ot Pashtun tribals settled by Pakistan there too.

Just a random observation. These areas in Pakistan and Afghanistan on map look in geographical continuity with Gilgit Baltistan region of J&K. GB is an Indian territoryoccupied by Pakistan and now large number ot Pashtun tribals settled by Pakistan there too.
Their are no Pashtun tribals settled in GB, not that it is any of your business

Who cares about minor details like kidnapping and slavery on industrial scale; and reality of the (in words of @Riaz haq) 'the superior culture that Muslim invaders of central asia gifted to the uncivilized South Asian natives'!

Riaz Haq is a great gem that belongs in an asylum.

lol, we can have a referendum in GB, Azad Jammu and Kashmir and Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir. Let people decide who they want to live with. :lol: Though, there is no need to hold a referendum in our Kashmir as we don't face any violent clashes or separatist movements. Since we are confident we are ready to go ahead. Now if you guys have some balls then lets get over this.:lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom