What's new

Skyrocketing Graphene Technology, 2014 & Beyond, China

this is pretty damn amazing. However, as my own research is in this area, I must ask: if it is losing electrons then to maintain charge neutrality, eventually the positive surface charge will prevent the emission of further electrons. Where do the replacement electrons come from?

this is pretty damn amazing. However, as my own research is in this area, I must ask: if it is losing electrons then to maintain charge neutrality, eventually the positive surface charge will prevent the emission of further electrons. Where do the replacement electrons come from?
electrons move for creating voltage, with voltage you get electric current, with electric current you get power. that is what I learned from my teacher of physics.

electrons move for creating voltage, with voltage you get electric current, with electric current you get power. that is what I learned from my teacher of physics.

only in a circuit where the electrons are recycled. What you have here is a neutral material losing electrons to vacuum. If there were no electrons to replace them in the material, eventually the material would start having a positive charge and stop the emission of more electrons.

only in a circuit where the electrons are recycled. What you have here is a neutral material losing electrons to vacuum. If there were no electrons to replace them in the material, eventually the material would start having a positive charge and stop the emission of more electrons.
advice you to Google some thing about magnetohydrodynamic power generation & electron configuration.

advice you to Google some thing about magnetohydrodynamic power generation & electron configuration.

magnetohydrodynamics does not involve the separation of electrons from a solid material. Instead it is using an already charge separated fluid such as plasma or ionic fluid. I know about electronic configuration and it has nothing to do with the topic. Please don't tell another Chinese to google things, if I can find this on google, I don't need to ask.

magnetohydrodynamics does not involve the separation of electrons from a solid material. Instead it is using an already charge separated fluid such as plasma or ionic fluid. I know about electronic configuration and it has nothing to do with the topic. Please don't tell another Chinese to google things, if I can find this on google, I don't need to ask.
sorry, can't help you.

graphene_sponge_diagram_pdf_arxiv.jpg

Chinese scientists develop new graphene material to makefuel-free spacecraft possible
June 24, 2015

FOREIGN201506241005000007156790972.jpg

Video snap
A special kind of graphene has been developed by Chen Yongsheng and Tian Jianguo,two professors from Nanjing University, and their research team. Under exposure tolight, the material can produce a driving force a thousand times stronger than traditionallight pressure, creating the possibility of a fuel-free spacecraft.

Spacecraft will play an important role in mankind's future exploration of the universe.But constrained by the limits of existing power sources, mankind won't get very far.Almost all spacecraft and aircraft are powered by chemical fuels. It is a dream but also aserious challenge to develop a spacecraft that runs on light.

As far as they are aware, this is the first time that a macroscopic object has been drivenby light, said Chen Yongsheng. He added that theoretically a graphene-made drivepropelling a 500 kilogram load could achieve an acceleration speed of 0.09 meter persecond.

According to the research team, exposure to light causes the material to emit a numberof electrons, thus producing a driving force which is significantly different from thepropellant of a rocket powered by chemical fuel.

Biomass graphene fiber makes a significant breakthrough
By Zhang Rui

Shengquan Group holds a press conference in Jinan, Shandong Province on July 28, to announce it has developed a new smart fiber with advanced biomass graphene. [China.org.cn]

A bio-engineering giant in Jinan, Shandong Province, announced it had developed a fiber with biomass graphene that could be a breakthrough in the industry and very healthy for the human body.

Yao Mu, an academician from China Academy of Engineering, and a team of experts examined and approved the "Healfiber" developed by Shengquan Group. At a press conference on Tuesday, he said the new smart composition fiber can survive low-temperatures, is virus- and bacteria-resistance, antistatic, unaffected by ultraviolet radiation and is able to hold heat. It was, he recognized, internationally advanced by many existing benchmarks.

Jinan Shengquan Group Co. Ltd. started to study and develop graphene as early as 2008, after the material was first discovered four years earlier. It collaborated with a team of 300 scientists for seven years to successfully develop the biomass graphene and corncob fiber, which were then combined scientifically and ready for mass production.

"When we achieve the final breakthrough to biomass graphene, we had the idea, to produce functional fiber with it to directly aid in people's healthy living. It greatly enhances the value of graphene, " said Tang Yilin, the chairman of the board of Shengquan Group.

Zhang Jinzhu, Vice President of the Shengquan Group's affiliated Shengquan Biomass Graphene Research Institute, said everyone was surprised to discover the transformation after the graphene was added to fiber. "The new developed fiber can be not only used on people's clothing, but also for vehicle's internal decoration, plastic surgery treatment materials, anti-friction and filter materials."

Graphene, the thinnest but strongest nanometer material, is pure carbon in the form of a nearly transparent sheet only one atom thick. It is remarkably strong for its very low weight – 100 times stronger than steel – and it conducts heat and electricity with great efficiency. Experts believed biomass graphene could create a trillion-dollar industry when it is commercialized.

It was first produced in a lab in 2004. Andre Geim and Konstantin Novoselov of the University of Manchester won the Nobel Prize in Physics in 2010 "for groundbreaking experiments regarding the two-dimensional material graphene."

Though China is one of the most active countries in researching and developing graphene, the cost is still too high and the technology is still in the developmental phase. Without a full industry chain, which means there is no commercialized market for it, the technology development mostly stays in the research domain.

Shengquan Group, established in 1979, is listed as one of the top five foundry auxiliary materials manufacturers in the world. Also, as a leading bio-engineering enterprise in the world, it has worked hard for years to develop the techniques to produce the first ever biomass graphene made from straw. It is low-cost, environment-friendly and it makes use of a limitless supply of raw materials.

The newly developed biomass graphene fiber marks the company as leader in the area, and will impact China's chemical fiber, textile, garment and other industries. Shengquan Group and provincial officials also expect it to be a new pole for economic growth in Shandong Province.

Shengquan Group holds a press conference in Jinan, Shandong Province on July 28, to announce it has developed a new smart fiber with advanced biomass graphene. [China.org.cn]

0087364884fb1724054726.jpg

@cirr , @AndrewJin

China develops new super capacitors

BEIJING, Oct. 10 (Xinhua) -- China's largest rolling stock manufacturer CRRC Corp. has developed a new generation of super graphene capacitors that can power electric buses with higher efficiency and for a longer period.

The train maker has produced two types of capacitors, 2.8 Volt/30,000 F and 3 Volt/12,000 F. The former can power trolley buses for up to 10 km after a one-minute charge, compared with 6 km in the previous generation. The latter one can provide enough electricity to power a tram for 6 km with only 30 seconds of charging.

The capacitors are world leaders in their arm of technology, Ruan Dianbo, deputy technical director of CRRC Zhuzhou Electric Locomotive Co., said on Saturday.

Apart from the improvements to performance, the new products are also more energy-saving and environmentally friendly. Ruan estimated China can save 584 GWh of electricity and cut 6.7 million tonnes of carbon dioxide emission a year if all the newly-added buses, around 60,000 a year, can be installed with the new capacitors.

Compared with traditional power storage devices, super capacitors boast shorter charging time, do not pollute and have no risk of explosion. They are widely used in electronics, rolling stocks, aviation and power generation.

China develops new super capacitors | GlobalPost

Back
Top Bottom