What's new

Six Turkish Companies Offer Joint Tablet for Schools

Quasar

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Six Turkish technology companies made a joint proposal to make tablet computers for use in the country’s schools, Sabah newspaper reported, citing Industry Minister Nihat Ergun.
A group made up of Arcelik AS (ARCLK), Vestel Elektronik Sanayi ve Ticaret AS, Netas Telekomunikasyon AS, Aselsan Elektronik Sanayi & Ticaret AS, Casper, and Exper AS put forward the offer to the government, the Istanbul-based newspaper said. Turkey wants to help develop local high-technology industry by distributing tablet computers to 15 million students, it said.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-11-08/six-turkish-companies-offer-joint-tablet-for-schools-sabah-says.html

I hope they have a prototype ready. They could/should have bought HP tablet when HP decided not to compete on that market against ipad and samsung etc. But what a chance for Turkish companies to really make a difference.

we spent 10 billion to electronics! ( import ) cell phones ipad etc

we should support these local companies

great initiative

every kid on the planet deserve to have good education

turkey really doing well for the welfare of their citizens and a nice example for fellow muslim states

I hope it will not be only assembly line for imported electronic parts, and they will really manufacture and this initiative would be beginning for indigenious computer electronics technology.

But when we talk about KOC Group (Arcelik) I can say that they don't like any risk and they never try to make a fight in global markets, mostly they prefer to become Turkey Branches of global brands.

guess Beko belongs to them and I have seen them in Netherlands, Finland in shopping malls guess they are quite active in Europe ?

guess Beko belongs to them and I have seen them in Netherlands, Finland in shopping malls guess they are quite active in Europe ?

KOC family is one of the continuously supported industrialists by Turkish State with the expectation of creating indegenious industry since 1926.

All they can do is Beko in Europe for only last ten years. What I say is they have to take more risks and be more bold in global markets like Samsung, Hyundai, Daewoo, Kia, SsangYong, Toyota, Mitshubishi etc.

When they are asked to create an indigenous car brand by prime minister Erdogan, they said it is not easy, too risky blah blah...
We must not forget that KOC family is in car business since 60's and always supported by all goverments with high custom rates for protecting their investmens from foreign companies.

As a result KOC group is a spoiled whiny baby and they have to become real brave industrialists with balls.

for taking risks and for being more bold in global markets its not the perfect time I guess dont you agree? in regard to indigenous car

hope to see a indigenous car some day though when its feasible!!! all I ask from them is if they manage to complete our tank its enough! :lol:

but for sure in some other fields its a good time; we can go out there try to buy some foreign companies

for taking risks and for being more bold in global markets its not the perfect time I guess dont you agree? in regard to indigenous car

hope to see a indigenous car some day though when its feasible!!!

I gave car incident as an example of KOC's general attitude and behaivour in business, ofcourse nobody is expecting them to commit suicide with too risky invesments in hard times. But as I told before they are in business for about 100 years with a great support from Turkey and Turkish People, and all they can do is Beko households in Europe for last decade. Turkish people forced to buy Arcelik's ( Beko's twin brother) shitty and third class machines since 1955 (Arcelik started to operate) because of protective custom tax rates.

Of course after custom union agreement in 1996 with EU, KOC is forced to build first clas household machinery and after this you started to see BEKO in EU since last decade.

I still insist that KOC Family was the worst choice to support for creating local industrialists.

I understand you concerns

but it seems there are others in this joint proposal and arcelik is just one of them ;Arcelik AS, Vestel Elektronik Sanayi ve Ticaret AS, Netas Telekomunikasyon AS, Aselsan Elektronik Sanayi & Ticaret AS, Casper, and Exper AS

and we have to see the fact that Turkey is not once what it was; koc vs sabanci

we start having highly competitive market and economy with newly emerging players

I totally agree with Cirit. Economic success can only be attained by risk. The higher risk, the higher outcome. Big families like Sabanci and Koc, that recieves support from the country should not fear to dive into other sectors and develop their own ideas. 15 years ago no one would guess that South Korean companies would be among the most competetive in the world (Samsung the largest electronics company in world today). We have population, we have the suficient technology and we have markets, why do we still hesitate?

I understand you concerns

but it seems there are others in this joint proposal and arcelik is just one of them ;Arcelik AS, Vestel Elektronik Sanayi ve Ticaret AS, Netas Telekomunikasyon AS, Aselsan Elektronik Sanayi & Ticaret AS, Casper, and Exper AS

and we have to see the fact that Turkey is not once what it was; koc vs sabanci

we start having highly competitive market and economy with newly emerging players

Arcelik,Casper and Exper : They only have assembly lines for imported computer parts, they manufacture nothing as I know.Anyone can do what they do even at home, just take parts and set up a computer just like a lego game then label with own brand. What they do can be named as service sector, computer shops and technical support all over Turkey.

Netas, Aselsan : They are strong in R&D, they make electronics designs etc. but as far as I know no experience in computers. Both started as state initiatives for defence industry.

Vestel : Founded in 1984 by Asil Nadir (Turkish Cypriot). ZORLU Group acquired Vestel in 1994 and with agressive strategies and investment in R&D Vestel came in a very good position. Vestel is the first Turkish company that acquired a R&D company in Silicon Valley in 1997. So they have some experience in computers and some R&D.

If you ask me Vestel is the most promising one, because its owner Mr.Zorlu is an ambitious industrialist who can take more risks unlike KOC family.
We will see what will happen.

as i wrote

-we have to see the fact that Turkey is not once what it was; koc vs sabanci and I dont think they are major players in many fields anymore

-we start having highly competitive & vivid market and economy with newly emerging players
-we spent 10 billion to electronics! ( import ) and we have to reverse it
-hope to see a indigenous car some day though when its feasible!!! not just for the sake of having one like Iran if they decide its feasible I simply die of hapyness!
-Aselsan and vestel :tup:
-we should close assembly lines and start producing things at home and accept the workers of those factories and their families as our guests at homes and they may work for us and you can feed them with your lego computers??? :lol:
- "brand" is how people make money all over the world
-the best part of free market I dont care koc sabanci zorlu karamehmet etc when they cant compete they are gone thats it
- for the first 6 mounts of 2011 we have higher growth rate than China and I dont understand what we can expect more! % 20 growth rate ??? things are soo simple lets take more risk and lets make it % 30
-still even a risk should be a feasible one
-and finally Six Turkish Companies Offer Joint Tablet

as i wrote

1- we have to see the fact that Turkey is not once what it was; koc vs sabanci
2- we start having highly competitive market and economy with newly emerging players
3- we spent 10 billion to electronics! ( import ) and we have to reverse it
4- hope to see a indigenous car some day though when its feasible!!! not just for the sake of having one like Iran
5- Aselsan and vestel :tup:
6- we should close assembly lines and start producing things at home and accept the workers of those factories as our guests at our homes and they may work for us ??? :lol:
7- "brand" is how people make money all over the world
8- the best part of free market I dont care koc sabanci zorlu karamehmet etc when they cant compete they are gone thats it
9- for the first 6 mounts of 2011 we have higher growth rate than China and I dont understand what we can expect more! % 20 growth rate ??? things are so simple lets take more risk and lets make % 30
10- and finaly still even a risk should be a feasible one :flame:

1-True, but still, when there is a big project not enough big entreprises. (eg. Altay Tank Project)
2-True, I did not say anything against it
3-True, but saving that money is impossible with only assembly lines, this is what is what i say.
4-True, I did not say anything against it
5-True, as I said.
6-If this is what you understand from what I said, please read my comment again.
7-False, "Global Brand" and strong real industry is how people make money.
8-Theorically when there is a FULL COMPETITIVE FREE MARKET all over the world (because there is a global market now), it is true but in reality, global or local game is not played fair, there are always cheaters and there are always state supports.
So sometimes True sometimes False.
9-No relevance with the topic. Thank you for the information :)
10- Who said opposite, I did not.

Back
Top Bottom