What's new

Six reasons why ISI did not support Osama bin laden

Saifullah Sani

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Saturday, May 14, 2011

KARACHI: Generally speaking, Americans become cocky when they accomplish something. The same can be said about the Osama episode. It is shameful to point fingers at the ISI and accuse it of hiding the al-Qaeda fugitive. One may consider the following reasons why the ISI could not have hidden the al-Qaeda chief.

First, the international fallout. It is totally beyond comprehension that the ISI officials could have hidden and supported Osama without taking into account its serious implications and international ramifications. They are the leading third world intelligence agency, fighting the war on terror and certainly not dim-witted.

Second, why the ISI would keep the trophy i.e. Osama bin Laden when it has already handed over senior al-Qaeda members to the US, especially when the al-Qaeda had no strategic value in the war against terror.

Third, considering the severe implications why would the agency hide him in a military city? After all, weren’t all the major al-Qaeda catches made from Pakistani cities, including Karachi, Rawalpindi, Mardan, etc? So, there is little surprise that Osama was caught from a Pakistani city.

Fourth, if the ISI was hiding Osama, why would it provide lead to the US in this regard? President Obama himself admitted so. Fifth, it is generally a good idea to live where few people would come looking for you. And that is what Osama did by selecting a site in Abbottabad near Kakul where no Pakistani could have suspected him of hiding. Why then blame the ISI?

Sixth, had the ISI been protecting the al-Qaeda chief, it would have maintained surveillance around the house. And that surveillance would have discovered US reconnoitering around the place. That did not happen. It is incredulous to believe that while the ISI allegedly kept Osama hidden, the agency did not put him under some sort of guard. — Waqar Ahmed

Fourth, if the ISI was hiding Osama, why would it provide lead to the US in this regard? President Obama himself admitted so.

It did not, Infact US had to find him by itself and kill him without ISI help!!!!

So read the statement above "If the ISI was HIDING OSAMA, WHY WOULD IT PROVIDE LEAD TO THE US IN THIS REGARD."

Thanks.......

Fifth, it is generally a good idea to live where few people would come looking for you. And that is what Osama did by selecting a site in Abbottabad near Kakul where no Pakistani could have suspected him of hiding. Why then blame the ISI?

Because he was not found in some CAVE, infact he lived there for atleast 5+ years in a house near the west point of Pakistan. Very, Very hard to believe!!!!

Second, why the ISI would keep the trophy i.e. Osama bin Laden when it has already handed over senior al-Qaeda members to the US, especially when the al-Qaeda had no strategic value in the war against terror.

One answer for this "Afganistan"...

Because he was not found in some CAVE, infact he lived there for atleast 5+ years in a house near the west point of Pakistan. Very, Very hard to believe!!!!

Funny coming from the side of the border that allowed six armed men to travelling hundreds of miles in a small boat to breech their Naval intelligence and security system, dock at one of the busiest seaports in the country and create havoc in one of the largest cities in the world for two days......VERY, VERY, VERY ,VERY, VERY hard to believe as well.

One answer for this "Afganistan"...

Care to explain for us less intelligent ones what you mean by "Afghanistan" in the reference of the part of the article that you quoted?

I guess the 50 million dollars reward for Osama should go to Pakistan then, isn't it. Since Pakistan was the major help in finding Osama...

A new loobying should be started in the Hill for the reward!!!!

Seriously??....How you became a Senior member, i'll never know....

It did not, Infact US had to find him by itself and kill him without ISI help!!!!

So read the statement above "If the ISI was HIDING OSAMA, WHY WOULD IT PROVIDE LEAD TO THE US IN THIS REGARD."

Thanks.......

Hey Troll. After reading each and every bit of news, you are still distorting facts. Did you forget, Pakistani Intelligence provided CIA the number, which CIA monitored continuously over a year and found out that, it's the same courier of OBL they are finding so desperately. IF Pakistan Had not provided the number, it would still took 2-3 years more to kill OBL.

Now, Thank you for your unsensible participation and if you have nothing constructing to add here, then don't act like some sarcastic clown. Go figure out first how Your High and mighty Black Cats were bogged down by few rag tag terrorists and after finding out, then come here and make posts.

Fourth, if the ISI was hiding Osama, why would it provide lead to the US in this regard? President Obama himself admitted so. Fifth, it is generally a good idea to live where few people would come looking for you.

The best point is number 4.

If this were a court of law, with ISI being prosecuted for harbouring Osambi, point number 4 would cause the judge to throw the case out the window.

It's strong proof, since most harbourers of fugitives would move the fugitive once their whereabouts have become known.

The best point is number 4.

If this were a court of law, with ISI being prosecuted for harbouring Osambi, point number 4 would cause the judge to throw the case out the window.

It's strong proof, since most harbourers of fugitives would move the fugitive once their whereabouts have become known.

And that is why US did the operations without Pakistan's consent!!! Infact Zardari was notified 2 hours later after the operation completion.
Doesn't that raise a big question, that US had some form of suspicion of notification of the operation to Pakistan would have led to moving the fugitive then?

And that is why US did the operations without Pakistan's consent!!! Infact Zardari was notified 2 hours later after the operation completion.
Doesn't that raise a big question, that US had some form of suspicion of notification of the operation to Pakistan would have led to moving the fugitive then?

You've not got a clue. You keep repeating the same lines hoping something will stick, but not realizing the world is a much smarter place than India and Indians.

If Pakistan helped in locating OBL, how can it then be accused of also protecting him. That is a contradictory statement.

If Pakistan did not help in locating OBL, then Pakistan may or may not have been protecting him.

But we know the first is true. So how do you explain this contradiction. Don't waffle at me. Explain it logically if you can.

You've not got a clue. You keep repeating the same lines hoping something will stick, but not realizing the world is a much smarter place than India and Indians.

If Pakistan helped in locating OBL, how can it then be accused of also protecting him. That is a contradictory statement.

If Pakistan did not help in locating OBL, then Pakistan may or may not have been protecting him.

But we know the first is true. So how do you explain this contradiction. Don't waffle at me. Explain it logically if you can.

But that does no explain the apologies by PA and ISI chiefs for their failure. Neither reason that US did show faith in them.

Its pretty nice to see all the trolling by a Senior Member, and its pretty amazing that Pakistanis seem to just accept that OBL was there, and trying to clarify it..

Would someone care to show me any PROOF that Osama was in that mansion in Abbottabad??.. Please, if you are going to paste links to "word of mouth" then i am not interested..

Show me ONE proof which i cannot deny.. If you can't, then question your judgement and intellect..

No, it doesn't raise any question other than confirming that US had not killed OBL there, had they killed him in that mansion, then after killing him, they would have called Media from all over the world to show their trophy..

The quickness with which they "ran away" and the quickness with which they "allegedly" dumped the body in sea is evidence enough that their raid was a failure and they are just saving their face..

If you can prove otherwise, i'll happily acknowledge, then and only then i will question HOW HE WAS LIVING THERE..

So until that time.. would you please hold your horses? This story is changing day by day.. i'll be just amused to see faces of Indians once this story is proven wrong..

Explain first logic to him RR.. How rude of you.. you know Indians lost the touch with logic since 2nd May 2011.. here.. i'll help him..

Logic: A particular system or codification of the principles of proof and inference..

But that does no explain the apologies by PA and ISI chiefs for their failure. Neither reason that US did show faith in them.

It was just initial stuttering, took some time to come up with plan of action.. now the global story is changing day by day..

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom